Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default Dr. Cyber: Wonder woman’s most under utilized rogue?

To me she is tied with Dr. poison as Diana’s best non magic based rogues. But I feel unlike Poison she has more main villain potential.
    Last edited by mathew101281; 03-27-2020 at 10:01 AM.

I often thought the two would be a great duo together has tech and poison often work together in wars

DR. CYBER Adrianna_Anderson_(Prime_Earth)_001.jpg

DR. CYBER Adrianna_Anderson_Cheetah_0001.jpg

DR. CYBER BACKLESS.jpg

The fact Dr. Cyber hasn't been used since Rebirth is a travesty. As an artificial intelligence with an amusing personality, tragic backstory and complete mastery over technology, who can be anywhere at anytime and look any way she's potentially as big a threat as anyone on Wonder Woman's enemies list. She can attack indirectly and go unseen for arcs. Imagine if she took control over the invisible jet and crashed it into the White House, how would Wonder Woman explain that? She could easily start a world war by overriding nuclear acess codes or devestate the world's economy. There's no limit to what she could do and how would you defeat or contain such a ubiquitious foe? Her history with Veronica Cale is a goldmine for storylines and as her ally or aversary she's unique and interesting.

I see her as Diana's own personal sympathetic Ultron with a sense of humor, someone needs to get cracking telling her story.

I like Doctor Cyber a lot - the tech and Bondian versions. I think there’s a way to combine the two and I wish she’d get used more.

I also think Queen Clea, Eviless, and Giganta could all be greater than they are if anyone cared to work with them and given them deeper characterization.

This is why I love Evil Inc. All or most of Diana’s female enemies get together. This is because they are mirroring Amazons. That maybe they should actually care for each other. They took sisterhood on a dangerous scale

I think most WW villains outside of Cheetah, Circe, Ares, and maybe Dr. Psycho are underused and even then those first three don't get nearly the respect they deserve in the larger DC universe.

But yeah, I think Dr. Cyber (particularly the Rebirth one) has great untapped potential. I enjoyed her usage in the Wonder Woman: Bloodlines film. Even the Pre-Crisis era version of the character as a crime boss in an Iron Man suit could work
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-27-2020 at 07:33 PM.

She gives me Ultron and Danger vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I think most WW villains outside of Cheetah, Circe, Ares, and maybe Dr. Psycho are underused and even then those first three don't get nearly the respect they deserve in the larger DC universe.

But yeah, I Dr. Cyber (particularly the Rebirth one) has great potential. I enjoyed her usage in the Wonder Woman: Bloodlines film. Even the Pre-Crisis era version of the character could as a crime boss in an Iron Man suit could work
    I agree, Bondian Dr. Cyber was good too. Either way she makes a formidable adversary. (Yeah, this whole post was just so I could spell "adversary" correctly without editing the first typo lol)

Doctor Cyber leading a cabal is what I’m after, to broaden the Wonder mythos. Diana needs more organizations plotting against the world that she comes in contact with in addition to Villainy Inc (which we never see) and Godwatch (which is a relatively new Wonder mythos thing.)

In my mind Doctor Cyber’s group is a different thing than The League of Shadows or The 100 and starts arising in the shadow of Leviathan. I’ve associated a number of characters and defunct groups within it, that Cyber is marshaling for her ultimate goal.

Thinking about Godwatch I do think it should be a branch off from villiany Inc. So what should Godwatch be? More focus on Mythical items?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Thinking about Godwatch I do think it should be a branch off from villiany Inc. So what should Godwatch be? More focus on Mythical items?
    We should discuss this in a Godwatch thread so we can focus on Doctor Cyber in this one.

This is why I love Evil Inc. All or most of Diana’s female enemies get together. This is because they are mirroring Amazons. That maybe they should actually care for each other. They took sisterhood on a dangerous scale
    Yeah, I think it's a shame Villainy Inc hasn't really gotten the same treatment the Sinister Six or The Rogues have.
    I think Godwatch should be more like a spy/secret society organization more focused on neutralizing mythical or godly threats (so they'd go after Ares, Circe, the Gods, in addition to WW) while Villainy Inc should be more super-villain organized crime

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I think it's a shame Villainy Inc hasn't really gotten the same treatment the Sinister Six or The Rogues have.

I think Godwatch should be more like a spy/secret society organization more focused on neutralizing mythical or godly threats (so they'd go after Ares, Circe, the Gods, in addition to WW) while Villainy Inc should be more super-villain organized crime
    Godwatch is it's own thing ran by Veronica Cale. Dr. Cyber's organization should be her's alone as an answer to her now soured friendship with Cale. Villainy Inc. should be Queen Clea's and feature it's original members . Cale would feel usurped and go after all the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    The fact Dr. Cyber hasn't been used since Rebirth is a travesty. As an artificial intelligence with an amusing personality, tragic backstory and complete mastery over technology, who can be anywhere at anytime and look any way she's potentially as big a threat as anyone on Wonder Woman's enemies list. She can attack indirectly and go unseen for arcs. Imagine if she took control over the invisible jet and crashed it into the White House, how would Wonder Woman explain that? She could easily start a world war by overriding nuclear acess codes or devestate the world's economy. There's no limit to what she could do and how would you defeat or contain such a ubiquitious foe? Her history with Veronica Cale is a goldmine for storylines and as her ally or aversary she's unique and interesting.

I see her as Diana's own personal sympathetic Ultron with a sense of humor, someone needs to get cracking telling her story.
    I am in such strong agreement with Koriandr's comments, I'm making mine a response to his.

I think she has the most untapped potential of any Wonder Woman antagonist and would be the go-to archenemy, if the WW comic ever got the right writer. She's a female, Anglo-Asian Doctor Doom, if we're considering her pre-Crisis situation. She's very much like Azzarello's Cassandra the Mad. Yes, ..she is certainly the most under-utilized of Diana's poorly developed, A-list enemies. If Cyber was ever written well, Lex and the Joker should soil themselves, a little, when she enters the room!

And yes...a travesty that some editor hasn't sought out writers, who want to write a multi-issue arc, with Cyber headlining the story, since Rebirth! A travesty!

What Cyber lacks is the backstory and recurring motivation that puts her on an almost mytho-poetic collision course, with Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-31-2020 at 03:56 PM. Reason: focus
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I'd say yes.

After Cheetah, Dr. Cyber was the best revamp Rebirth had to offer. I'm not a huge fan of Rucka changing her name (Adrianna Anderson, Marina Maru... all very comic book-y names. Cylvia Cyber was silly, too, but why not keep the foundation and make it Sylvia Anderson?).

The whole "digital goddess" angle is... perfection. Such a great theme for Wonder Woman's sword and sorcery superheroics. It helps that we got to see her as a human, a woman, and a friend, before her whole transformation into cyborg menace. And there are so many potential storylines about Cyber trying to regain her humanity through mysticism and magic that she fits so perfectly in Wonder Woman's world.

That said, I'm not angry that she hasn't been used overly much in the last two years. I'd take a couple really awesome stories over a bunch of mediocre ones (sorry, Cheetah and Giganta). She definitely deserves a comeback, but when they're ready to give her the major storyline she deserves.