View Poll Results: Who would be Wonder Woman's version of Catwoman?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ares

3 11.11%
  • Doctor Psycho (ew)

0 0%
  • Angle Man

13 48.15%
  • Deimos and/or Phobos

0 0%
  • White Magician

1 3.70%
  • Egg Fu

2 7.41%
  • Aegeus

1 3.70%
  • Mike Bailey

0 0%
  • Mouse Man

0 0%
  • Other

7 25.93%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Please, not a Byronic hero romantic interest for Wonder Woman. She could do so much better than being the Magic Pixie Dream Girl to reform a male love interest.

I think what Diana needs much more is a Lois Lane—a person who challenges her to do better. A properly constructed Steve could easily fill that role.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Please, not a Byronic hero romantic interest for Wonder Woman. She could do so much better than being the Magic Pixie Dream Girl to reform a male love interest.

A properly constructed Steve could easily fill that role.
    Well said!! I get so sick of them wanting to make WW, as you said a magic pixie dream girl to reform some male love interest!! What they really want is for WW to fall for some criminal or some degrading animal like orion! Some just love seeing good girl get dragged thru the mud!! Some would love to see WW being dragged thru the mud by some criminal love interest!
    Last edited by lotchj; 05-25-2020 at 06:28 AM.

I guess Angle Man would meet the basic definition though I think she’d be more amused/charmed by him than actually have romantic interests in him of how Bruce/Selina’s relationship works (where it usually seems part lust/temptation to draw the other to their side of the law)

That said, I don’t think WW really needs a “Catwoman” archetype.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

I think what Diana needs much more is a Lois Lane—a person who challenges her to do better. A properly constructed Steve could easily fill that role.
    Diana needs a hot, nuisance reporter! Keep in mind she's not as indulgent of humans, as Superman. One day, she'd be a coupla' minutes too late to pull him out of the wood chipper, he climbed in, after a story.

Wonder Woman can't have a Catperson of her own, either.

Why? Because Wonder Woman can't seduce, be seduced or have anything, remotely resembling a real-world sexual exchange, with anything resembling a real-world, sentient, human male. No man in the WW comic is ever going to grab Diana by the hair or anything else, with her consent, or express his interest in her, ..with clunky, funky mistakes, indulgences and forgivenesses, because that would require Diana to engage or be engaged by equals. I think the reception of Brian Azzarello's work has already proved that can't happen.

Greg Rucka afforded Diana a soap opera styled drift into a bedroom, with the requisite trail of discarded clothing, supplied by accompanying artist, ..and that is the best we can hope for. Right up to the drift, Steve was shown to be meek and grateful, and we would expect no less...him bedding a sacred, feminist icon, instead of a partly human woman. No hot, steamy Cat-scratch fever for our Wonder Woman...sorry.

Please don't offer blond Ares, as a candidate. Ares, in any form, is a grotesque...not a man. No seduction happening, here.

There are no men in the WW comic, who might seduce Diana, as Catwoman does Batman. While Batman is allowed to be a man, with a woman, Diana is barely allowed to be human, ..and you can fill in the blanks - supply your own interpretation - as to why that is the case.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-28-2020 at 12:21 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    OMG, Red Beard needs to return, but She-Ra kinda went there with Sea Hawk in the 80s.

I’d have to creatively think about that type some more, but I’m not sure Diana would be attracted to a “lovable scoundrel.” But, maybe I’m wrong. I’ve got a couple of characters brewing that can explore attraction, love, and romance with Diana in addition to Steve, that play off and up to different aspects of Diana’s character.

The way I think Diana enjoys getting into trouble is living her truth authentically and boldly in the face of oppression, bigotry, fear, and hate. She educates and empowers everyone to do the same via her entire being interacting with the world.
    I think Red Beard needs to return, and not slimmed down and pretty, either...a big, fat, stinky pirate! We need to be shocked by her affection for him.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Diana needs a hot, nuisance reporter! Keep in mind she's not as indulgent of humans, as Superman. One day, she'd be a coupla' minutes too late to pull him out of the wood chipper, he climbed in, after a story.

Wonder Woman can't have a Catperson of her own, either.

Why? Because Wonder Woman can't seduce, be seduced or have anything, remotely resembling a real-world sexual exchange, with anything resembling a real-world, sentient, human male. No man in the WW comic is ever going to grab Diana by the hair or anything else, with her consent, or express his interest in her, ..with clunky, funky mistakes, indulgences and forgivenesses, because that would require Diana to engage or be engaged by equals. I think the reception of Brian Azzarello's work has already proved that can't happen.

Greg Rucka afforded Diana a soap opera styled drift into a bedroom, with the requisite trail of discarded clothing, supplied by accompanying artist, ..and that is the best we can hope for. Right up to the drift, Steve was shown to be meek and grateful, and we would expect no less...him bedding a sacred, feminist icon, instead of a partly human woman. No hot, steamy Cat-scratch fever for our Wonder Woman...sorry.

Please don't offer blond Ares, as a candidate. Ares, in any form, is a grotesque...not a man. No seduction happening, here.

There are no men in the WW comic, who might seduce Diana, as Catwoman does Batman. While Batman is allowed to be a man, with a woman, Diana is barely allowed to be human, ..and you can fill in the blanks - supply your own interpretation - as to why that is the case.
    The answer is Angle Man. And that’s his purpose in her rogues gallery. However the seduction and sexual tension part is with Donna Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I guess Angle Man would meet the basic definition though I think she’d be more amused/charmed by him than actually have romantic interests in him of how Bruce/Selina’s relationship works (where it usually seems part lust/temptation to draw the other to their side of the law)

That said, I don’t think WW really needs a “Catwoman” archetype.
    This. I'm never a fan of every character needing to be patterned off of what another has established.

Uh, none? She doesn't need a catwoman type character. At least not someone that tries to seduce her.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    This. I'm never a fan of every character needing to be patterned off of what another has established.
    Nothing could be more of a surprise, than to see Diana running off, with Red Beard

Extraordinary Member

Princess Audrey from the JUstice League cartoon.