View Poll Results: Should I review Dazzler?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah you totally should, it was an awesome series

10 50.00%
  • Skip it mate, it was mediocre anyway

10 50.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Amazing Spider-Man #203 Apr 1980
    "Bewitched, Bothered and Be-Dazzled!"
    Swinging through the city, Spider-Man spots the Dazzler being chased by a strange orb of light.
    Thinking it's his old foe Will O' The Wisp again, he goes to the mutant's rescue. Dazzler, not sure who to trust,

attacks Spider-Man after he pulls her to safety and makes her escape from the scene.
    Unable to find Dazzler, Spider-Man decides to return home for the night.

There he is visited by both Harry Osborn and Flash Thompson
    and completely forgot that they were going to see a movie on opening night.
    While Peter and his friends are watching the movie, not far away, Dazzler is once more pursued by the orb of light.
    It manages to catch her and utilizes her light powers in order to restore it to its original form:
    That of Spider-Man's one-time foe the Lightmaster, who has spent all this time trapped
    in the light dimension and is using the Dazzler's mutant powers as a means to return to Earth.

Dazzler tries to fight back, and the two end up smashing into the theater where Peter and his friends are watching the movie.

Peter manages to slip away and change into Spider-Man
    and tries to save Dazzler from Lightmaster but is easily defeated by his foe.
    Lightmaster then captures Dazzler and takes her back to his lab at Empire State University.
    Spider-Man recovers and deduces where Lightmaster would go and confronts him there.
    There he arrives too late to stop Lightmaster from using his equipment on the light generating mutant.
    When some of the machines explode in the battle, Spider-Man tries to save Dazzler,
    only to find out that her body has been possessed by Lightmaster.

With her mutant powers enhanced by Lightmaster's abilities,
    the possessed disco singer proves to be too powerful for Spider-Man to handle.
    Tagging her with a spider-tracer he makes his escape, changing back to Peter Parker to evade his enemy.
    Resting up, Peter then goes to the Daily Globe to drop off his pictures,
    then visits with Aunt May before looking for the Dazzler once more in the evening.
    He manages to find her and she is briefly back in control
    of herself until Lightmaster exerts his will on her once more.

This time Spider-Man has had time to deduce a way to stop Lightmaster.
    Knocking Dazzler out he takes her back to Lightmaster's lab where he hooks her up to
    the same machine that Lightmaster used on her the previous night and reverses the process,
    sending Lightmaster back into the light dimension and freeing Dazzler from his control.

Script by Marv Wolfman. Pencils by Keith Pollard. Inks by Mike Esposito and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man #203 Apr 1980
    "Bewitched, Bothered and Be-Dazzled!"
    Swinging through the city, Spider-Man spots the Dazzler being chased by a strange orb of light.
    Thinking it's his old foe Will O' The Wisp again, he goes to the mutant's rescue. Dazzler, not sure who to trust,

attacks Spider-Man after he pulls her to safety and makes her escape from the scene.
    Unable to find Dazzler, Spider-Man decides to return home for the night.

There he is visited by both Harry Osborn and Flash Thompson
    and completely forgot that they were going to see a movie on opening night.
    While Peter and his friends are watching the movie, not far away, Dazzler is once more pursued by the orb of light.
    It manages to catch her and utilizes her light powers in order to restore it to its original form:
    That of Spider-Man's one-time foe the Lightmaster, who has spent all this time trapped
    in the light dimension and is using the Dazzler's mutant powers as a means to return to Earth.

Dazzler tries to fight back, and the two end up smashing into the theater where Peter and his friends are watching the movie.

Peter manages to slip away and change into Spider-Man
    and tries to save Dazzler from Lightmaster but is easily defeated by his foe.
    Lightmaster then captures Dazzler and takes her back to his lab at Empire State University.
    Spider-Man recovers and deduces where Lightmaster would go and confronts him there.
    There he arrives too late to stop Lightmaster from using his equipment on the light generating mutant.
    When some of the machines explode in the battle, Spider-Man tries to save Dazzler,
    only to find out that her body has been possessed by Lightmaster.

With her mutant powers enhanced by Lightmaster's abilities,
    the possessed disco singer proves to be too powerful for Spider-Man to handle.
    Tagging her with a spider-tracer he makes his escape, changing back to Peter Parker to evade his enemy.
    Resting up, Peter then goes to the Daily Globe to drop off his pictures,
    then visits with Aunt May before looking for the Dazzler once more in the evening.
    He manages to find her and she is briefly back in control
    of herself until Lightmaster exerts his will on her once more.

This time Spider-Man has had time to deduce a way to stop Lightmaster.
    Knocking Dazzler out he takes her back to Lightmaster's lab where he hooks her up to
    the same machine that Lightmaster used on her the previous night and reverses the process,
    sending Lightmaster back into the light dimension and freeing Dazzler from his control.

Script by Marv Wolfman. Pencils by Keith Pollard. Inks by Mike Esposito and friends.
    Alright then...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Default I wanna see this in the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney Plus

I LOVED reading about a MUTANT (Dazzler)

fighting bad guys

and helped by a SUPER-HUMAN (Spider-Man).
    NO HOSTILITY! YES!

Just a MUTANT and a SUPER-HUMAN
    being friendly to one another

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    FANTASTIC SERIES! While it is evident that the series only went on and tanked because of that Casablanca Record Deal, you have to admit Dazzler knows how to hold her own solo adventures. I liked how unique she was a part from all the superheroes at the time, being a pop diva sensation with entertaining powers. The guest appearances from the X-Men, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Heroes for Hire, ext. were the cherry on the top!

Lois London rocks too! Dazzler deserves a new solo series like this, but this time flesh her out with everything that's happened and have her target Mystique.

Though I have to say her personal rogue gallery for this series (Minus the Brotherhood and other trademark Marvel villains) were a joke.

(Why was Rogue drawn to look so manly looking in the past?)
    I think it was because she was originally designed to be older, with the white streaks at her temples real. It was shocking to find out she was still a teenager in the issue where Storm lost her powers. To my mind they deaged her after joining the X-Men in part to soften her and help make her a viable heroine going forward.

As for the Dazzler series it was so much fun! Everyone is right about it's relatable story, place in mutant history and Marvel comics overall. But what they won't say is what a juicy soap opera it all was, or talk about the sheer amount of outfits she wore. Some were trendy and timestamp the series as fully of the 80's, but others were like what a fifty-something artist thought young women were wearing so she kind of dressed like a 1960's romance comic heroine. It was rad. Alison Blaire was the daughter of a prominent attorney and a night club chanteuse, she wasn't a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I think it was because she was originally designed to be older, with the white streaks at her temples real. It was shocking to find out she was still a teenager in the issue where Storm lost her powers. To my mind they deaged her after joining the X-Men in part to soften her and help make her a viable heroine going forward.
    Rogue was created by Claremont as a teenager. Original artists messed up by confusing her white streak for old age

Even Dazzler's series referred to her as being young in the text
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-22-2021 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rogue was created by Claremont as a teenager. Original artists messed up by confusing her white streak for old age

Even Dazzler's series referred to her as being young in the text
    Yeah, young is one thing but 18 is another. I started Uncanny with issue 172 then went back and bought the Dark Phoenix Saga trade, so my first introduction to Rogue was in Dazzler. There was nothing about her that lead me to believe she was actually younger than Alison, so this surprised the hell out of me.

ROGUE 185.jpg

I remember in the X-Men letter column where answers were written by members of the team and someone asked about the white streaks and how Rogue went from having two to only one in the center of her head and "Wolverine" gave a vague answer as to why. Later in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe on Rogue's page it said the white streaks were bleached and I thought "how would she bleach her hair white and not platinum blonde?" that didn't make a lot of sense either, but it's comics sooooo...