View Poll Results: Should I review Dazzler?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah you totally should, it was an awesome series

10 50.00%
  • Skip it mate, it was mediocre anyway

10 50.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

a0040pc - it all depends if you're ready to fully embrace your inner disco queen?
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-12-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

It's about never giving up and doing things your own way and even if it fucks you up a little, you're self reliant enough to stand on your own two feet.

BANNED

It's an excellent series. Read it. Allison is powerful, smart, and dangerous. She took out Terrax as a favor to Galactus. Seriously, read it.

o

I would skip the Beauty and the Beast mini though. Neither come off too well in it
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

And when you read it, try to imagine Ali with a really husky voice ala TAS (Jarvis canon thinks she's a 'young man' prank calling the Avengers issue 8, i think)

other suitable DAzz voices: Fiona from Adventure time as Ali Blaire Jessica Rabbit as The Dazzler.

and a Dazzler show kind of looked like this back in the day:

Dazzler plays slovakia.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    I would skip the Beauty and the Beast mini though. Neither come off too well in it
    Beauty and the Beast is a gem. It introdces what the west coast sentiment towards mutants were atthe time, and it was where Dazzler was most comfortable in her freakishness.
    Her monologue to Beast about accepting different, darker aspects of life was like accepting different kinds of beauty, and that she was proud of her gnarly neck scar she'd won in battle was officially when Dazzler became something way more interesting than previously imagined.

FANTASTIC SERIES! While it is evident that the series only went on and tanked because of that Casablanca Record Deal, you have to admit Dazzler knows how to hold her own solo adventures. I liked how unique she was a part from all the superheroes at the time, being a pop diva sensation with entertaining powers. The guest appearances from the X-Men, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Heroes for Hire, ext. were the cherry on the top!

Lois London rocks too! Dazzler deserves a new solo series like this, but this time flesh her out with everything that's happened and have her target Mystique.

Though I have to say her personal rogue gallery for this series (Minus the Brotherhood and other trademark Marvel villains) were a joke.

(Why was Rogue drawn to look so manly looking in the past?)
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 08-13-2014 at 07:48 AM.

you've got to review "The FInal Wave" issue of the Dazler series because it's Dazzler truest to form as a hero.
    It goes..... Dazzler meets a hot stuntman who lives in a fancy beach house in San Diego and he lusts after her hard. After being in L.A. for a while and only dealing with slime balls like Roman Nekobah and the occassional geek like Fred Stanacheck, Dazzler is swept off her feet by the hunky stint guy and conceded to a date.

They go our, make it back to his place and this guy clearly has Dazz's giddy way up and who can blame her. Dazzler wrangled some dick back in the day and this is no exception, she is gonna get her snizz pounded TO-NIGHT she thinks, excitedly. But oh no, there's a huge storm and a tsunami headed right for the shore to fuck up her plans.

Dazzler tries to get the guy to leave but he talks about wanting to stay because this is his dream home (he came from poverty) and awaits death. Dazzler literally pulls a "bye felicia" on his ass, making it halfway to town before she remembers she's a mutant with vaporizing powers and she never did get her ginch stuffed so she heads back, vaporizes an massive tsunami but get knocked out by the side tide and ends up saving a beachfront community in the mean time.

washed up on the beach, she awakens to find homeboy ready to make cute but she decided that no dick has that much pull, and she leaves hum to sort out his life.

so totally Dazzler.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

SUCH a good series! It is a good series that shows the plight of the mutant in a way that is consistent with what Claremont was doing, but was more of a personal story. She was VERY integrated into the Marvel Universe in her series and had great guest stars and villains.
    I would read it if you could, you can get the essentials for cheap, but the issues in color are better because of her light powers.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Due to way your thread is titled it is obviously going to attract Dazzler fans.

People who are not interested in the book are also probably not interested in you doing a read through or your poll.

Therefore I suggest you use some sort of weighting, eg every "yes" vote only counts for half a "no" vote

The issues with O.Z. Chase, the bounty hunter with the the wolf dog that tracks and then befriends Dazzler are integral if a bit boring, but it's only because of the tone shift in the series from lighter to more serious. The shading is a little heavier and the dialogue more dense but it introduces you a a key figure in her story. She and Wolverine even went on an adventure or two with O.Z. Chase back in Uncanny!

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Beauty and the Beast is a gem. It introdces what the west coast sentiment towards mutants were atthe time, and it was where Dazzler was most comfortable in her freakishness.
    Her monologue to Beast about accepting different, darker aspects of life was like accepting different kinds of beauty, and that she was proud of her gnarly neck scar she'd won in battle was officially when Dazzler became something way more interesting than previously imagined.
    Maybe it is the art I am thinking that wasn't good. I should reread it
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    Maybe it is the art I am thinking that wasn't good. I should reread it
    yeah, the art was miserable. I an understand if that was off putting. I wish they would reintroduce characters like Poltergeist etc and some of the other Heartbreak Hotel Xavier school dropouts.

It's funny How Dazzler, esp. because of that series, is one of the few X-men that Dr. Doom actually has respect for. Someone should follow up on that in a book.

BANNED

I'd love for the marvel character Alison Blaire aka Dazzler to debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe by having the marvel character Doctor Doom recruit her for some mission..