Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

14th Place: Christian Frost aka the White Bishop - 48 Points

Created by: Grant Morrison & Phil Jimenez
    First Appearance: New X-Men #139 (2003)

Hard to believe this character has actually been around for 17 years; while Grant Morrison is the creator of Christian, Karl Bollers wrote about him in the High Learner arc of Emma Frost's solo series. Christian is older brother of Emma Frost, who was the only person he trusted in his family to keep his sexuality a secret. When their father learned of his sexuality he split up Christian and his boyfriend which lead to heavy drinking and his father had him committed. It wasn't until years later he reappeared in Iceman's solo series where Emma Frost asks Iceman to help save Christian. It's revealed that Christian had some sort of psychic powers (that need more explanation). Christian has recently come back in a big way causing controversy among X-Fans. In the Krakoan times Christian is now the White Bishop of the Hellfire Trading Company under his sister and has become intimate with Iceman in Marauders. He's been seen having drinks with Sebastian Shaw, sneaking off with Shinobi Shaw, and may potentially be involved in Sebastian Shaw's murder of Kitty Pryde.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Matteo Lolli really did that when he redesigned Christian

13th Place: Shinobi Shaw aka the Black Bishop - 59 Points

Created by: Jim Lee & Whilce Portacio, Chris Claremont
    First Appearance: X-Factor #67 (1991)

Shinobi Shaw is the illegitimate son of Sebastian Shaw; his mother is unknown but we know she is Asian. Shinobi attempted (and believed he he did) to kill his father. He was a member of the Upstarts and used his privilege to gain power among the group. He was recently resurrected to become the Red King of Hellfire Trading; however Emma Frost filled that role with Shadowcat. Shinobi currently hold the title of Black Bishop and was last seen with Christian Frost at the big Krakoa party in X-Force. Shinobi has an expensive taste and has been seen enjoying his privilege with many woman... and men.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

Impressed with Bling! for outranking all these pretty boys.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 03-30-2020 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Bling & Mercury should be New Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Ew, Mercury is too good for the New Warriors.

Personally I didn't vote for Shinobi because his queerness is so understated and blink-and-you'll-miss-it

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Ew, Mercury is too good for the New Warriors.
    They should be the squad leaders of the CotA, especially since they’re both mutants wt physical mutations who wanted to integrate into human society. It would only make thematic sense for them to guide a squad of mutants who are essentially taking the place that the pre-Krakoa X-Men did.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    As she deserves.

Kudos for the good work, NewMutant. I've been enjoying reading these descriptions.

12th Place: Elizabeth Braddock aka Psylocke aka Captain Britain - 101 Points

Created by: Chris Claremont & Herb Trimpe
    First Appearance: Captain Britain #8 (1976)

Notice the significant point jump between 13th and 12th place, almost a 50 point increase. Honestly, Psylocke has become so completely overly complicated I've lost interest. Elizabeth Braddock is the sister of Brian Braddock aka Captain Britain. She joined the X-Men shortly before the Outback era which ended her British self being transferred into an Asian body. During her time on the X-Men she has had strong romantic ties Archangel, until Uncanny X-Force where Fantomex played with her heart. When Fantomex's three brains were giving bodies, one was female (See Lady Fantomex/Cluster on Page 1); and that relationship continued. She has recently returned to her British body (perhaps her being in the wrong body can be a trans metaphor?) and is leading the new Excalibur.
    Last edited by NewMutant; 03-30-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Kudos for the good work, NewMutant. I've been enjoying reading these descriptions.
    Thanks friend! Love the avatar!

11th Place: Roxanne Washington aka Bling - 109 Points

Created by: Peter Milligan & Salvador Larroca
    First Appearnace: X-Men #171 (2005)

When we look at the LGBTA students of the past 15 years there are about 5 queer males (3 have been seen on this poll) and ONLY female (arguably two if you include Mercury). According to the 198 files Roxy was born into Hip Hop royalty (something I had on idea till I researched her for this). It's unclear when Roxy officially joined the X-Men but she was on Gambit squad during Peter Milligan's run. On Utopia, she was kidnapped by Emplate who wanted to his her to feed off of. Later in Brian Wood's X-Men she appeared as supporting cast where she had a crush on Mercury who agrees to go out with Bling at the end of the run. Bling was finally given a starring role in Generation X where she was put into the special class that was training to function in society as opposed to joining the X-Men. Bling wanted to join the X-Men was upset she was placed her. Towards the end of the series she and Mercury are holding hands. She was most recently seen on Krakoa as a part of the short lived Fallen Angels series.
    Last edited by NewMutant; 03-30-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    According to the 198 files Roxy was born into Hip Hop royalty (something I had on idea till I researched her for this).
    Yeah, she is supposed to be the Blue Ivy of Marvel (but if Blue Ivy's mom was Nicki, I guess?).

You'd think this would have made at least one writer jump at the opportunity of introducing her parents and involving them in some capacity.

10th Place: Victor Borkowski aka Anole - 128 Points

Created by: Nunzio DeFilippis, Christina Weir, & Keron Grant
    First Appearance: New Mutants #2 (2003)

Victor was a Midwest American boy in a small town that surprisingly had no issue when his appearance turned reptilian. Anole has camouflage powers, an extendable tongue, and can climb walls. He joined the Xavier Academy during the Morrison era student boom. He originally was placed on Northstar's squad, where he developed a close relationship with his teacher and gay role model; Anole struggled when Northstar was temporarily believed died in Enemy of the State. Anole joined the main squad after proving himself on in Limbo when the school is attacked in Quest for Magik. Anole looses his arm which grows back more muscular and spiky. On Utopia he and his bestie Rockslide dressed up as secret vigilantes and fought street crime in the streets of San Fran. Anole is generally well liked by his peers. Pixie is another bestie; but has solid friendships with Indra, Graymalkin, and Glob. Anole is currently on Krakoa and has been seen hanging with Pixie in X-Men, and bar tending in X-Force. Out of all the New X-Men, Anole is one of the most consistently used.
    Last edited by NewMutant; 03-31-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    10th Place: Victor Borkowski aka Anole - 128 Points

Created by: Nunzio DeFilippis, Christina Weir, & Keron Grant
    First Appearance: New Mutants #2 (2003)

Victor was a Midwest American boy in a small town that surprisingly had no issue when his appearance turned reptilian. Anole has camouflage powers, an extendable tongue, and can climb walls. He joined the Xavier Academy during the Morrison era student boom. He originally was placed on Northstar's squad, where he developed a close relationship with his teacher and gay role model; Anole struggled when Northstar was temporarily believed died in Enemy of the State. Anole joined the main squad after proving himself on in Limbo when the school is attacked in Quest for Magik. Anole looses his arm which grows back more muscular and spiky. On Utopia he and his bestie Rockslide dressed up as secret vigilantes and fought street crime in the streets of San Fran. Anole is generally well liked by his peers. Pixie is another bestie; but has solid friendships with Indra, Graymalkin, and Glob. Anole is currently on Krakoa and has been seen hanging with Pixie in X-Men, and bar tending in X-Force. Out of all the New X-Men, Anole is one of the most consistently used.
    Oh dang! I've never seen the bigger picture of Anole.... he's kinda cuuuute
    GrindrStone(D)