Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ah, Shattybuns. Cable and Deadpool are way more popular, but he's one of my favorite Liefield creations, along with Domino, and nobodies like Tempo and Dragoness.

Gosh, Gideon and Stryfe sure went on to amount to a big fat stack of jack...
    Hahahahaha big fat stack of jack hahahaha
    It is my goal to use this at least TWICE today.
    Thank you Sutekh. hahaha

3rd Place: Jean-Paul Beaubier aka Northstar - 214 Points

Created by: Chris Claremont & John Byrne
    First Appearance: Uncanny X-Men #120 (1979)

Ladies and Gentleman... the First Gay of Marvel Comics. Northstar debuted in X-Men but was mostly developed in Alpha Flight by John Byrne. Bryne has stated that he always intended for Northstar to be gay but was not allowed to out him in comics. Northstar and his twin sister, Aurora, were orphaned and split up as infants when their parents were killed in a car crash. He didn't let his rough childhood prevent from him becoming an Olympic skier. After gaining fame, he was approached to join Alpha Flight; Northstar accepted due to the fact that his twin sister Aurora had enlisted. Northstar was abrasive on the team. In the X-Men/Alpha Flight mini Rogue kisses I'm not as familiar with the Alpha Flight mythos; but I know later in the series Northstar was given "fairy" heritage... and jump to the 90s where Scott Lobdell outs Northstar in Alpha Flight #106. Alpha Flight ran for 130 issues and Northstar sexuality was not once brought up again. He had a mini series shortly after then went into limbo. He was very briefly recruited by Jean in Eve of Destruction, but that was pretty much a filler arc before Morrison started. Not too long After Chuck Austen brought Northstar to the team full time (probably the only good thing he did in his run); during this period he developed a crush on his teammate Iceman and become friends with the new nurse, Annie. Northstar began teaching at the school and had his own squad. He interacted with Hellion a lot for flight class, but had an interesting relationship to Anole - who at that the time was the only gay kid at the school). Northstar presence was just becoming felt on the X-Men when he played a major role in the popular Enemy of the State storyline; in which he is killed by a brainwashed Wolverine and then resurrected and brainwashed by The Hand himself. He ultimately goes into Shield custody; he makes appearances in Mike Carey's X-Men, After Cyclops moves the X-Men to San Fran he sends Wolverine to Canada to recruit Northstar; who calls them out on wanting a token gay for PR. It is here where we meet Kyle - the two are already a couple at this point. Northstar joins but is typically reduce to the back ground. He and Dazzler become friends in this era (I always thought it was smart writing since they both have a gay following - but they both are mutant celebrities as well). Northstar and Kyle move to New York in Liu's Astonishing X-Men - its in this series that Northstar is given a more starring role in an X-Men book; the series shows the struggle their human mutant hero relationship has but ultimately they get married in the series; the first gay wedding at Marvel Comics. He was later in Amazing X-Men, and made guest appearances in Iceman and other X-titles. He next stars in X-Factor as the series lead.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    4 Shatterstar
    3 Rictor
    2 Northstar

1 Iceman

$5
    You gonna PayPal every member on the CBR forums now?

Northstar isn't #1? Disgusting.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Shatterstar got number four? I'll take it!

Last edited by Solitaryhawk; 04-03-2020 at 01:00 PM. Reason: fn image link

RICTOR!!!!!!! Yes, babe!

2nd Place - Robert Drake aka Iceman - 236 Points

Created by: Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
    First Appearance: X-Men #1 (1963)

Iceman was one of the original the X-Men and is easily the most visible LGBT character not only at X-Men but at Marvel Comics in general. Iceman was outed in 2015 in Bendis’ run where Jean Grey privately called him out on being gay. He admits it and confronts his older self who admits as well. After he came out Sina Grace wrote an 11 issues series that was popular enough to get a 6 issues follow up. There have been years of foreshadowing and debate among fans over Iceman’s sexuality; it was even made fun of in an episode of Family Guy. While he has actually dated a fair amount of women, as many queer men do, he is rarely (if ever) actually shown in bed with them, his storyline with his parents reflect that of a queer man, he has dated gender changing characters such as Cloud and Mystique, his flirtation with Northstar, etc. Iceman is an interesting character in the X-Men world, he is frequently used in the media, video games, movies, cartoon… but hasn’t really been a major player in the comics until recently. Fanboys and nerd have gotten into much heated debate over Iceman’s sexuality but the fact he is most visible of the LGBT Heroes at Marvel and that makes his pretty meaningful to the LGBT community.
    Last edited by NewMutant; 04-03-2020 at 05:16 PM.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

1st Place: Juilo Richter aka Rictor - 272 Points

Created by: Louise Simonson & Walter Simonson
    First Appearance: X-Factor #17 (1987)

And CBR's favorite LGBT X-Universe character is.... Julio Richter aka Rictor! In what certainly feels like a surprise winner, in no doubt to his recent resurgence as a main character in Excalibur, Rictor takes first place. Rictor is from Mexico and his father was an illegal gun smuggler who would later be killed by Stryfe. X-Factor would recruit Rictor and begin training him before he would join the New Mutants. During his time with the new mutants he would become close with Boom Boom and Wolfsbane in particular. Rictor leaves the New Mutants when Cable takes over the team and transfers him to X-Force. Rictor later joins X-Force and meets Shatterstar. The two develop a bromance that is speculated to be more. Rictor leaves X-Force; but returns not too long after when Shatterstar is going through some stuff; after Zero Tolerance Rictor leaves again and this time Shatterstar leaves with him. Rictor remains unseen for awhile but appears in X-Factor Investigations where Rictor has lost his powers in M-Day. He ultimately joins the the detective agency and gets his powers back through Quicksilver and the Inhuman crystals. While on a mission with X-Factor Shatterstar appears possessed and they fight, when Shatterstar is freed he kisses Rictor and answers the long theory of if they were a couple. As previously state the kiss the first same sex kiss in a Marvel Comic. Wolfsbane was pregnant at the time and convinced Rictor he was the father (he wasn't) and was upset by Shatterstars return and their homosexual relationship. The remained together for the remainder of the series and have been on and off ever since. Rictor recently returned as a regular in Excalibur where his powers were funky and Apocalypse restored them. Whatever Marvel is doing the interest is there because at CBR Rictor is #1.

He deserves!!! Our mystic gay druid king

Oh dang, I did not expect Rictor to get #1

Good for him. I hope he gets daddy --[A]--

WHAT
    RICTOR GOT-
    the
    well-deserved top spot?!?!? And by a decent margin of votes?!?!

Amazing. I really thought Iceman's prominence ensured he won (I honestly thought Mystique, Karma, and Northstar would also beat my boy) but I think Rictor has had the best and smoothest gay narrative so far.

Mighty Member

I didn't expect Shatterstar and especially Rictor to rank so high.

I would have predicted Iceman, Northstar and Karma to be the top 3.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    12th Place: Elizabeth Braddock aka Psylocke aka Captain Britain - 101 Points

Why is she gay? She always has romantic relationship with Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I didn't expect Shatterstar and especially Rictor to rank so high.

I would have predicted Iceman, Northstar and Karma to be the top 3.
    I thought Mystique over Karma. Karma hasn't really done much... especially considering how long she's been around.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Why is she gay? She always has romantic relationship with Angel.
    It helps if you read the description.

Ultimate Member

She had like a weekend fling with the part of Fantomex's brain that got split up into a female body, but since then there's basically been nothing at all, so unless one of her ex boyfriends shows up in a female body I wouldn't expect anything further in that respect from Betsy, and the whole thing with the female Fantomex was done pretty much just so that the writer would have as diverse of a team as possible, done just so that the team could have a gay/bi character and then again that storyline seems to have been completely dropped immediately afterward...so I'd say that Betsy isn't bi...