Default Ryan Reynolds, "Dragons Lair"

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/r...ix-1203547670/

Ryan Reynolds is in talks to star in and produce a ******action feature adaptation of the ’80s arcade game “Dragon’s Lair” for Netflix.

Roy Lee will produce through his Vertigo Entertainment with Trevor Engelson of Underground Films. Don Bluth, Gary Goldman and Jon Pomeroy are also producing. Reynolds will produce through his Maximum Effort production company.

Dan and Kevin Hageman, whose credits include “The Lego Movie” and “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark,” are attached to write the script. “Dragon’s Lair” put players in the shoes of Dirk the Daring as he attempted to rescue Princess Daphne from the dragon Singe and the wizard Mordroc.

“Dragon’s Lair” was originally released for arcades in 1983 by Cinematronics. The game used laserdisc technology and offered superior graphics and feature film quality animation from Don Bluth Studios.

Reynolds, best known for starring in the two “Deadpool” movies, teamed with Netflix on the action movie “6 Underground” and has been shooting Netflix’s “Red Notice” with Gal Gadot and Dwayne Johnson. Reynolds is also starring in Liosngate’s upcoming “The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard” with Samuel L. Jackson and Salma Hayek

Astonishing Member

Years ago, Don Bluth was supposedly working on a Dragon's Lair animated film. I even contributed to the IndieGoGo campaign. I wonder whatever happened to that.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Years ago, Don Bluth was supposedly working on a Dragon's Lair animated film. I even contributed to the IndieGoGo campaign. I wonder whatever happened to that.
    Kinda remember hearing about that. I assumed he wasn't able to raise the money needed.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

This movie is fully funded by all of the $.50 donations I made as a kid playing the game in arcades.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Kinda remember hearing about that. I assumed he wasn't able to raise the money needed.
    They must have reached some kind of funding goal. They sent me rewards like designs and a copy of the script treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    They must have reached some kind of funding goal. They sent me rewards like designs and a copy of the script treatment.
    Oh. Wonder why the movie never happened then.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)