Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I am curious to know if it´s indeed true everything is lost after Moira dies, Hickman leave a litte clue in one of his previous works that could mean that world becomes an alternative earth but doesn´t dissapear.

When they were dealing with the earths destroying each other, they landed on a earth that had a Magneto statue instead of the statue of liberty my guess is that this earth was the same in which Moira made her alliance with Magneto, in the end Galactus came to claim that earth so my question is: How truthful is Moira really being given she died early on that earth she could not have been there when galactus came so, It´s true everything dissapears once she´s dead or that world keeps existing, it just becomes an alternative earth and she goes back to original 616 earth? or really everything stops once she´s death?. It´s possible Destiny could answer this doubt and that´s part of the reason why Moira X doesn´t want her back but also because she fears Destiny is going ti kill her again, who knows. I have questions
    I thought of it as time resetting to her birth.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    We know that if she dies everything ends. So Magneto, Xavier and she decided to fake her own death and that she remain hidden to protect her. Of course it is a temporary solution, they cannot just allow her to die of old age.
    I can’t wait until Banshee, Wolfsbane, Proteus, and Multiple Man find out she’s alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Theirs no problem at all it's not that deep just slang...
    It’s a grossly outdated term meant specifically to demean women. Let’s not act brand new...

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It’s a grossly outdated term meant specifically to demean women. Let’s not act brand new...
    Well as far as context it wasn't that deep and worse has been said in these forums.... let's not be so sensitive.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    I thought of it as time resetting to her birth.
    Yes but then how that other earth was there when the Iluminatis came, it´s possible it was simply another earth that didn´t have to do with one of Moira´s lives, but maybe it was the same.

Also this is supposed to be Moira´s last life according to Destiny, resetting time for her is not a possibillity so who knows what will happend if she dies this time.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I just know she was behind Blindfold's suicide

Spectacular Member

Yes but then how that other earth was there when the Iluminatis came, it´s possible it was simply another earth that didn´t have to do with one of Moira´s lives, but maybe it was the same.

Also this is supposed to be Moira´s last life according to Destiny, resetting time for her is not a possibillity so who knows what will happend if she dies this time.
    There's nothing to indicate that was the same life, Magneto didn't win/take over the world in Life 08, he was defeated by the rest of the heroes/X-Men and Moira was captured and died in prison.

Everything we have seen indicates that the lives are completely erased when Moira resets, and both Destiny and the Librarian in Life 06 believed it, and given their abilities and advanced knowledge, respectively, indicating that there's good reason to do so, and nothing that indicates that they continue on after Moira dies.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    There's nothing to indicate that was the same life, Magneto didn't win/take over the world in Life 08, he was defeated by the rest of the heroes/X-Men and Moira was captured and died in prison.
    He conquered the US for a while on that life but you are right there´s no way to know we are talking of the same world.

Everything we have seen indicates that the lives are completely erased when Moira resets, and both Destiny and the Librarian in Life 06 believed it, and given their abilities and advanced knowledge, respectively, indicating that there's good reason to do so, and nothing that indicates that they continue on after Moira dies.
    I agree it´s just like Moira has conffesed in her diary that she has not told everything to charles since the first time she showed her memories and Xavier has forgotten some of it with time and she has not allowed him to see her complete memories again, so there´s space for new surprises on that front about Moira, I guess he comic will be about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain
    I just know she was behind Blindfold's suicide
    It´s possible Blindfold saw Krakoa and that percognitive mutants would not be brought back because of Moira but at least Charles and Magneto said this would be only temporal and I think Legion will be back and will ask for her. There´s a lot of conflict to come imo. Hickman said his first 12 X-men issues were going to be about worldbuilding the Krakoa landscape but once this is done conflict it going to come on Act two of the story so lest see what happens next.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Spectacular Member

He conquered the US for a while on that life but you are right there´s no way to know we are talking of the same world.
    Very true! But my point was that he loses in the end in Life 08, so, in theory, if life continued on in that world past Moira's death, why would a gigantic tribute to Magneto remain more than ‪‪three years after Magneto was killed and overthrown? The people of that theoretical life would almost certainly have torn down his statue just as they do in the real world when dictators are overthrown, so by the time Galactus would arrive, it would've been long gone.

And while ‪‪I agree there are more secrets that will undoubtedly be revealed to us in Moira's book, ‪‪I don't think rewriting how her power works would be a secret or a twist. It would just be having the premise not be what they've continually demonstrated it to be in the story, ‪‪and would feel like crappy storytelling to me.

It´s possible Blindfold saw Krakoa and that percognitive mutants would not be brought back because of Moira but at least Charles and Magneto said this would be only temporal and I think Legion will be back and will ask for her. There´s a lot of conflict to come imo. Hickman said his first 12 X-men issues were going to be about worldbuilding the Krakoa landscape but once this is done conflict it going to come on Act two of the story so lest see what happens next.
    When did Hickman say this about his first 12 issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I don't even know if it's possible to take her powers out, since they activate only when she dies. A better sollution would be put her in stasis permanently.
    No her powers activate at puberty. Depowering her should end her resurrection cycle

Taking Moira Out
    1. What kind of food does she like
    2. This is bad social distancing

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    1. What kind of food does she like
    1. Haggis, neaps and tatties.
    2. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    Very true! But my point was that he loses in the end in Life 08, so, in theory, if life continued on in that world past Moira's death, why would a gigantic tribute to Magneto remain more than ‪‪three years after Magneto was killed and overthrown? The people of that theoretical life would almost certainly have torn down his statue just as they do in the real world when dictators are overthrown, so by the time Galactus would arrive, it would've been long gone.
    Yes, that´s why I thought it most probably was another world in an alternative reality

And while ‪‪I agree there are more secrets that will undoubtedly be revealed to us in Moira's book, ‪‪I don't think rewriting how her power works would be a secret or a twist. It would just be having the premise not be what they've continually demonstrated it to be in the story, ‪‪and would feel like crappy storytelling to me.
    I don´t think it would rewrite her powers, it could just be something she didn´t tell anyone about how her powers work and it would be in character for this Moira who has keep a lot of secrets during all her lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X
    When did Hickman say this about his first 12 issues?
    In one of his early interviews he said the X-men comic would have a moving cast of characters with Scott as the focal point, but that the first 12 issues would be about building the context for krakoa, he also talked about how the first issues of Dawn of X would be about the X-men being optimistic but that later conflict would come. He also say that he planned this run for at least 3 years of stories. Sorry I can´t find that interview right now but that´s what I remember about it.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    If I got sick, I’d just kill her and start over
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

THAT is a good question OP. If there was a way to remove Moira's mutation wouldn't that end all of this cycle? But then why didn't the posthumans do that when they had her controlled and monitored for hundreds of years? Must not be so simple.

Anyway I think a more dramatic reveal is Moira is going to be the "First Chimera" and that's why she'll be tough to kill
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY