Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    On #5; did Czarnia explode? I thought Lobo just wiped them out with a plague of some sort.
    It might have been that too. Or changed. They didn't die though.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

God League - The Justice League become the new gods of Earth to battle Darkseid but after defeating him they end up becoming violently hostile to regular criminals and humans who protest them.

Cyborg Superman - Superman wasn't killed by Doomsday instead he was taken in by Lex Corp and turned into a cyborg and later was bonded with Brainiac and now is a villain.

Deaths in the Family - Batman saves Jason Todd but ends up dying in the process, leaving Jason to start his own war on crime which causes Jason to become paranoid and violent and causes the deaths of several villains, cops, and innocent civilians.

Gold Flash - Thawne has killed Barry Allen and now is The "true" Flash

We could also go with Batman saves the Greysons, so Dick never becomes Robin.

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    We could also go with Batman saves the Greysons, so Dick never becomes Robin.
    That doesn't sound dark it sounds pretty balance, Batman saves the lives of the Robins (Dick, Jason, Tim) or sends them into good homes but Batman himself stays the brooding anti-hero.

Another story:
    Superman and the Klan of the Fiery Cross - Superman joins the KKK

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    That doesn't sound dark it sounds pretty balance, Batman saves the lives of the Robins (Dick, Jason, Tim) or sends them into good homes but Batman himself stays the brooding anti-hero.

Another story:
    But that means there is no Robin ever. This one good act has a dark turn. No Robin means no sidekick ever for Batman. Perhaps that causes him to go too dark, perhaps at a time when Robin would have saved him, Batman actually dies. Depending on how we want to take this storyline.

Deaths in the Family - Batman saves Jason Todd but ends up dying in the process, leaving Jason to start his own war on crime which causes Jason to become paranoid and violent and causes the deaths of several villains, cops, and innocent civilians.
    I was thinking on this one.

There is no Tim. He could die a Gang war meaningless death.
    We could have a battle of the cowl between Jason and Dick. Maybe Azrael too.
    Eventually the winner would face off against a League of Shadows raised Damian some years later as he comes to reclaim his father's mantle. That's just the good guys fighting too. What does a Joker who killed the Batman become next?

It could be a great story.

Another story:
    Missouri was a slave state, does that much of a landing make that big of a difference? I could see the possibility.

Fantastic Member

Thank you all for replies, cheered me up. The thread got off to a slow start and I must admit was disappointed, all this brilliant and really enjoyed reading people use their imagination. Got my favourites, but appreciate all posts. Thank you. Stay safe and stay positive. Here in UK classed as a key worker, so I am periodically out to work.

So, for the "Dark"/ inversion/ Earth-3 or whatever version of the Batman Who Laughs, the guy would've became Joker instead became a hero/vigilante named "The Grim Clown."

I was thinking on this one.

There is no Tim. He could die a Gang war meaningless death.
    We could have a battle of the cowl between Jason and Dick. Maybe Azrael too.
    Eventually the winner would face off against a League of Shadows raised Damian some years later as he comes to reclaim his father's mantle. That's just the good guys fighting too. What does a Joker who killed the Batman become next?

It could be a great story.
    Was Damian born before or after Jason's death?

I was thinking about Jason and Dick battling for the cowl but then I thought Dick would just based the Titans in Gotham

Was Damian born before or after Jason's death?

I was thinking about Jason and Dick battling for the cowl but then I thought Dick would just based the Titans in Gotham
    Ok, dang Titans based in Gotham. That might cause some problems.

It simply references Damian being born from a night of passion, in theory that could happen anytime. Or even be considered artificial if we need it to make the story work.

The Superman Who's Bald
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    The Superman Who's Bald
    Causing men and woman to think Bald is beautiful. They start shaving their heads to be like their idol. Destroys the hair care industry. A Dark turn indeed.

Causing men and woman to think Bald is beautiful. They start shaving their heads to be like their idol. Destroys the hair care industry. A Dark turn indeed.
    Superman as a cult leader sounds cool, with the Justice League/Super League being his most devout followers.

Hm, what if the Justice League was mostly the same, but Superman was gone and Ultraman was in his place, being brutal and petty as all get-out? Or alternately, what if Superman was the only hero on a Syndicate world?
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."