Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Dark Multiverse ideas

Thinking about 'Tales from the Dark Multiverse' can anyone else think of other storylines based on other pivotal moments and stories.

Right now I can only think in Batman: Contagion. (I wonder why), where Tim Drake becomes the Red Death, and takes over the world.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

After Wonder Woman kills Maxwell Lord she decides to keep killing villains and anyone who she believes threatens peace. She calls herself World Warrior and aligns herself with a fascist feminist female political party that takes over multiple governments. Also thinking combining the word nazi with amazons like Amanazis or something similar.

Maybe they could expand on the story where Superman became Doomsday or do a story where Superman becomes like Darkseid by taking his power in Darkseid War.

The Dark Multiverse version of Earth-3 is actually bright and hopeful because it's based on the Syndicate's fear that good is stronger than evil, creating a world where Alexander Luthor, Jokester and the rest always win against the Syndicate, who are constantly in and out of prison, no more than annoyances to the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    The Dark Multiverse version of Earth-3 is actually bright and hopeful because it's based on the Syndicate's fear that good is stronger than evil, creating a world where Alexander Luthor, Jokester and the rest always win against the Syndicate, who are constantly in and out of prison, no more than annoyances to the heroes.
    So, kind of a Batman '66 style of universe? I'd read it.

Astonishing Member

I see the Dark Universe as a breeding grounds for new villains.

Brand new threats emerge that couldn't originate from an existing earth (i.e. the Batman Who Laughs) or replacements for existing villains (when some clever author decides to kill off a villain...a renewed, more dangerous villain returns without the annoying resurrection).

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I think "Earth 3" originated in the Dark Universe.

I think the quiet fear of superheroes sustains it's existence.

I'd like to see a Dark Multiverse Dakotaverse, or a Tales from the Dark Multiverse take on Trail by Fire, when Martian Manhunter became Fernus and tried to take over the world.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Alternate ending to All-Star Superman, following Superman's death instead of accepting defeat and his execution Lex breaks out of prison once again to redevelop the formula that gives him Superman's powers and proclaims himself the new hero of the world in the wake of Superman's death; The Superior Man.

Kind of a toughie. The general idea of the line seems to be taking a classic story and then having something go wrong - Lois gains powers after Superman dies, Batman doesn't come back after, well, his back, that sort of thing. I still haven't gotten to a lot of those classic event books remembered more for what they did rather than good storytelling, but of books I've read that could fit the format somehow...

Batman: Year One - Let's say right when he gets going he's caught, you know during that big amazing bit in the middle against the SWAT team. Caught dead whatever, point is he's not there later on to save Gordon's baby. Losing his son to the mob and corruption within Gotham, seeing how Batman had been making results, Gordon decides to work outside the law by taking the Bat-identity Wayne had been using.

Seriously, a Year One era Gordon taking over as Batman fueled by revenge against the mob and the GCPD could be a hell of a story.

BANNED

I’d like to see a lot of Earths where the story arcs of past chapters actually resulted on the villain winning.

Darkseid War

Amazo Virus

Forever Evil

Throne of Atlantis

Hell even Origins

Like what do those universes look like with the bad guy coming out on top.

1) Kara Zor -El arrives at the same time as Kal-El on Earth. Being older, she is distraught by the destruction of her own planet and will do anything to protect her young cousin.

Could go many different ways. Supergirl has no problem killing. Perhaps she decides to turn the Earth into new Krypton.

2) Dick Grayson is killed instead of the parents. Bruce tries to train them to give them closure, but things go wrong.

3) Abin Sur never died / crash landed on Earth. How does Earth handle no Green Lanterns ever. This could be a lengthy story too, told from the vantage of Earth with no Lanterns and the Corp with no humans.

4) Zatara (Zatanna's father) had never died

5) Czarnia had never exploded.

6) Brainiac conquers everywhere. He is able to collect every planet.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Spectacular Member

one where everyone at sanctuary gets appropriate mental health treatment and no one dies. truly horrifying.

I like the Earth 3 idea. It's a depressing story told from the Syndicate's point of view, where they fall from power, constantly on the run from law enforcement and losing at every turn.

Maybe someone actually gets redeemed and we can treat that as horrific. Maybe we can create a heroic Owlman Who Laughs, with Jokester influence, for example.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    1) Kara Zor -El arrives at the same time as Kal-El on Earth. Being older, she is distraught by the destruction of her own planet and will do anything to protect her young cousin.

Could go many different ways. Supergirl has no problem killing. Perhaps she decides to turn the Earth into new Krypton.

2) Dick Grayson is killed instead of the parents. Bruce tries to train them to give them closure, but things go wrong.

3) Abin Sur never died / crash landed on Earth. How does Earth handle no Green Lanterns ever. This could be a lengthy story too, told from the vantage of Earth with no Lanterns and the Corp with no humans.

4) Zatara (Zatanna's father) had never died

5) Czarnia had never exploded.

6) Brainiac conquers everywhere. He is able to collect every planet.
    On #5; did Czarnia explode? I thought Lobo just wiped them out with a plague of some sort.