Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fantastic Member

Default Dark Multiverse ideas

Thinking about 'Tales from the Dark Multiverse' can anyone else think of other storylines based on other pivotal moments and stories.

Right now I can only think in Batman: Contagion. (I wonder why), where Tim Drake becomes the Red Death, and takes over the world.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

After Wonder Woman kills Maxwell Lord she decides to keep killing villains and anyone who she believes threatens peace. She calls herself World Warrior and aligns herself with a fascist feminist female political party that takes over multiple governments. Also thinking combining the word nazi with amazons like Amanazis or something similar.

Maybe they could expand on the story where Superman became Doomsday or do a story where Superman becomes like Darkseid by taking his power in Darkseid War.

The Dark Multiverse version of Earth-3 is actually bright and hopeful because it's based on the Syndicate's fear that good is stronger than evil, creating a world where Alexander Luthor, Jokester and the rest always win against the Syndicate, who are constantly in and out of prison, no more than annoyances to the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    The Dark Multiverse version of Earth-3 is actually bright and hopeful because it's based on the Syndicate's fear that good is stronger than evil, creating a world where Alexander Luthor, Jokester and the rest always win against the Syndicate, who are constantly in and out of prison, no more than annoyances to the heroes.
    So, kind of a Batman '66 style of universe? I'd read it.

Astonishing Member

I see the Dark Universe as a breeding grounds for new villains.

Brand new threats emerge that couldn't originate from an existing earth (i.e. the Batman Who Laughs) or replacements for existing villains (when some clever author decides to kill off a villain...a renewed, more dangerous villain returns without the annoying resurrection).

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I think "Earth 3" originated in the Dark Universe.

I think the quiet fear of superheroes sustains it's existence.