Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Should Hickman be writing two ongoings?

Do you all think that Hickman should have followed the formula he established with his Fantastic Four and Avengers runs by writing two interlocking ongoings? Before the DoX lineup was revealed I was sure that he was going to be writing X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. I personally think this would suit his style better with one book focusing on one-off adventures and the other focusing on the Quiet Council, but let me know what you all think!

I'm always up for more Hickman, but he kinda has been first with his New Mutants arc and now with the Giant Size one shots. When they end, we'll get X of Swords too

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    I'm always up for more Hickman, but he kinda has been first with his New Mutants arc and now with the Giant Size one shots. When they end, we'll get X of Swords too
    Yeah, he’s pretty busy, but as previous said, I’d kill foe a Quiet Council book.

BANNED

Im pretty sure he has written more issues in this period of time compared to his avengers

That's definitely true! I kinda feel like this approach has hurt more than it's helped since people have seemed pretty disappointed in the drop in quality after Hickman left New Mutants and at this point in time the Giant Size one-shots haven't been worth all the hype (imo).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That's definitely true! I kinda feel like this approach has hurt more than it's helped since people have seemed pretty disappointed in the drop in quality after Hickman left New Mutants and at this point in time the Giant Size one-shots haven't been worth all the hype (imo).
    new mutants latest issue was a remarkable improvement so im not worried, I'm enjoying it personally

In addition to what others have said, I'm also not convinced that the current formula for X-Men is going to stick after X of Swords- and certainly not after the December story. So two titles then certainly isn't out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Yeah, he’s pretty busy, but as previous said, I’d kill foe a Quiet Council book.
    Right tho! The character interactions write themselves and I feel like seeing them on a more consistent basis would address a lot of people's concerns about how Krakoa is being governed.

And he's got the Moira book up his sleeve to be launched when we are deemed worthy.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    And he's got the Moira book up his sleeve to be launched when we are deemed worthy.
    He's not writing the Moira book. He said here that he had a specific writer in mind for it and they were surprisingly able to agree to it right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Hickman
    The reason why this changed in production is because there was a writer we had hoped to get to do our eventual Moira book (that works as a kind of ‘dancing between the raindrops’ of X-Continuity story), and they agreed to do it long before we were expecting them to commit. Which was great news.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    He's not writing the Moira book. He said here that he had a specific writer in mind for it and they were surprisingly able to agree to it right away.
    Then I say yes to two Hickman ongoings only if it makes sense for his stories.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

the way Hickman talks about his avengers experience, I feel like he’s not itching to do more interlocking ongoing titles.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Im pretty sure he has written more issues in this period of time compared to his avengers
    His Avengers/New Avengers run wasn't very long. And I think the only reasons he took those was probably Tom B wanted him to and it provided the means to have a grand finale for his Fantastic Four. It was one way to sneak in an FF comic when Crazy Ike Perlmutter wanted all comics and merchandise related to the FF halted due to his feud with Fox going into production with that FF movie that bombed.
    By going into production before their rights lapsed in 2014 it reset the clock for Fox to hang on to the title for 8 more years.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-28-2020 at 04:19 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    His Avengers/New Avengers run wasn't very long. And I think the only reasons he took those was probably Tom B wanted him to and it provided the means to have a grand finale for his Fantastic Four. It was one way to sneak in an FF comic when Crazy Ike Perlmutter wanted all comics and merchandise related to the FF halted due to his feud with Fox going into production with that FF movie that bombed.
    Bu going into production before their rights lapsed in 2014 it reset the clock for Fox to hang on to the title for 8 more years.
    yeah but I was just comparing to say that there really isnt a difrence of content

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Bu going into production before their rights lapsed in 2014 it reset the clock for Fox to hang on to the title for 8 more years.
    There was a Fantastic Four ongoing for the duration of Hickman's time on Avengers.