Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

I wish Ben Percy was. Wolverine doesn't really count.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I wish Ben Percy was.
    wolverine - x force?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    There was a Fantastic Four ongoing for the duration of Hickman's time on Avengers.

That is true. I should have mentioned that. I forgot about the shuffling around of writers when Bendis let Marvel know he wanted to leave his Avengers books. Fraction had a short run of Hickman's Fantastic Four and FF then James Robinson followed. I think that only lasted about a year too.

Sure. It worked well for Bendis. I liked during his uncanny and all-new how the paths and characters were often crossing.

More room to breathe and even though I don’t care for the Hickman era,
    I think two ongoing could allow him to better build this universe he’s trying to build.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Sure. It worked well for Bendis. I liked during his uncanny and all-new how the paths and characters were often crossing.

More room to breathe and even though I don’t care for the Hickman era,
    I think two ongoing could allow him to better build this universe he’s trying to build.
    that was because only all new had actual stuff going on, uncanny can be reduced to 2 words : shield-matthew malloy.
    and I couldnt disagree more, we see and get details about most of every spot in the island, we got a graph of the new school bendis created and never any exploration to it

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    that was because only all new had actual stuff going on, uncanny can be reduced to 2 words : shield-matthew malloy
    True! But my point still stands.

If Bendis benefited at all from two ongoing, then someone like Hickman who is actually trying to atchitect a complex new universe would certainly benefit. I think it could add a lot more dimension.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    True! But my point still stands.

If Bendis benefited at all from two ongoing, then someone like Hickman who is actually trying to atchitect a complex new universe would certainly benefit. I think it could add a lot more dimension.
    I thinks there's plenty of valid criticism, but I cannot agree since the entire line is following and adding to the worldbuilding and that's one of the strongest points of this era, in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I thinks there's plenty of valid criticism, but I cannot agree since the entire line is following and adding to the worldbuilding and that's one of the strongest points of this era, in my opinion
    That’s fair. I’m not reading many of the books, admittedly, so
    Perhaps it’s already being done and I simply don’t see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That is true. I should have mentioned that. I forgot about the shuffling around of writers when Bendis let Marvel know he wanted to leave his Avengers books. Fraction had a short run of Hickman's Fantastic Four and FF then James Robinson followed. I think that only lasted about a year too.
    Fraction's Future Foundation was great.

Fantastic Member

So he had Avengers and New Avengers with the Illuminati right?

I'd like a 2nd book written by Hickman featuring the Council. Seems he has a decent grasp of them so far.

Each Council Member could have their own teams they can use for missions too. Exodus with some Acolytes. Mystique former Brotherhood. Apocalypse some ex horsemen? Kurt could have old Excalibur/X-Men allies. Sinister already has this new Hellions.

The point of the "two books that are really one" format is that they are supposed to be about different things. There is nothing in the current status quo that would justify doing that for Hickman right now, like the whole story being about two different teams. He has stories to tell and wants to be flexible in whoever he wants them to be about. If that's what he prefers, then that's how it should be, because New Avengers was good and Avengers was bad. It also just makes reading order better and cleaner, allows the schedule to be more flexible because two issues don't have to ship every month, as well as probably making sales more consistent.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    the way Hickman talks about his avengers experience, I feel like he’s not itching to do more interlocking ongoing titles.
    It can be very tiresome schedule.

I think the biggest problem for Hickman was the different quality of both books, pace problems.

it may be better have minis instead of two ongoings, or then just double ship

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I can imagine him writing a new Uncanny X-Men ongoing

I wish Hickman would just Write new mutants

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While he may not be actively writing those books other than X-Men, he is pretty much directing the various trajectories of the X-titles in general and how they connect and interweave with each other. That's a lot on his plate.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!