Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Do you all think that Hickman should have followed the formula he established with his Fantastic Four and Avengers runs by writing two interlocking ongoings? Before the DoX lineup was revealed I was sure that he was going to be writing X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. I personally think this would suit his style better with one book focusing on one-off adventures and the other focusing on the Quiet Council, but let me know what you all think!
    Hickman should have stuck with writing both X-Men and New Mutants. It is apparent that X-Men #8, #9 and possibly #10 is a continuation of his New Mutants #1 story.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I wish Hickman would just Write new mutants
    Ditto. See my post above.

It be cool to see Hickman take on a namor Xavier book when they first met

Hickman should write a book entitled "World of X." It'll showcase the slice of life of Krakoa and plant seeds for the X-Men Universe here and there. Each issue could feature different characters and different artists-- and if a specific issue has great reception, then possibly turn that idea into an ongoing.

He could head all of the crossovers, dip into other books, and cowrite certain arcs, etc. This series could also be from the POV of the Quiet Council and how they're reacting to certain happenings.

If Hickman had a second book, I'd say a more satellite book like New Mutants where he could relax and just have fun with it.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Fraction's Future Foundation was great.
    Different strokes..... I hated it for obvious reasons. But also I had no interest in that cast, an actress wearing Ben's old robot suit of the Thing, Scott Lang. Medusa and She Hulk were OK. But that whole thing with the Conquering Annihilating Doom was ludicrous.

I really enjoyed his Avengers/New Avengers run and would love to see something like that happen in the X-Books. Honestly though I'm really happy with pretty much every title right now so I'm not asking for anything to change.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think he IS writing New Mutants? Or at least co writing it or something like that.

As long as his vision helps shape the other books it's ok with me for him to just focus on the one especially since it is being released every 2 weeks.

It's basically a test though for how well he communicates with the other writers, I am already picking up on various apparent contradictions, some are petty some are more significant.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member

I think they should bring back guys like Rick Remender ,Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost to help in writing.I always found their stories intricate and really coherent

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

More than happy with the way Hickman is writing it now, tbh. He gets to keep up with quality stories (it was clear he was bogged down during his Avengers run) and allow the others to breathe too. I’m happy with him wanting to write one-shots here and there like he is doing with his brief period of New Mutants and now the Giant Size.

Although, I would love for there to be a WORLD OF X book, purely full of his graphs/data pages to show us more of Krakoa.

I like the flexibility that X-Men and "Whatever occurs to you" gives him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    new mutants latest issue was a remarkable improvement so im not worried, I'm enjoying it personally
    My main problem with non-Hickman New Mutants is that it doesn’t feel like it’s capitalizing on the new status quo. I personally want a book where we actually see how this new society has changed education and how young mutants either embrace or rebel against the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    new mutants latest issue was a remarkable improvement so im not worried, I'm enjoying it personally
    I agree and I like the original premise of Brisson's part with the younger mutants looking to support mutants that don't live on the island.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I would definitely sacrifice any of the other current DoX books with another Hickman book tbh. I'd probably also sacrifice the Giant Sized issues, especially if it freed up Dauterman and Wilson for an X-Ongoing.

In fact, he could even keep Yu on a Summers house series because those are the issues I've coincidentally been least interested in. He writes a good Scott, but I find the Summers family stuff a bit tedious and kitschy.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 03-29-2020 at 08:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

I've no doubt that Hickman is going to be writing a second book in the coming years. Like has been said that's his style at Marvel however the main difference with his X-Men is that Hickman has never been allotted this much creative freedom by Marvel before. Dawn of X seems to really be focused on world building, forwarding some of the plot threads leftover by HoX while also planting certain seeds for the next phase of his plans. I don't see him writing two books consistently again until we enter the endgame of his plans.

BANNED

Hickman has surprised everyone. Marvel spent the last 3 years hyping a lot of X-Men books. Red, Gold, Blue. This is the first time the hype lived up to it. Hickman should not overstretch himself. He should stick to one book. The could be quality loss if he starts writing multiple books.