Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

This page is all kinds of awesome. Shows Jimmy in all of his glory. Now you can see why I am surprised he isn't more.

warpath crushing.jpg

Mighty Member

Bigger pic:

Ultimate Member

Never really liked his relationship with Hepzibah, that lasted all of like five minutes...

Was it warpath or thunderbird in the green lagoon bar on Krakoa

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Some assume it's James, but given the lack of back tattoo and his relative size and proportions next to Psylocke/Kwannon, and compared to James in X-Force 2, I think we have every reason to believe it's John/Thunderbird.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    ‪‪I think that's a reference to James's *literal* power of flight, which he's capable of doing at supersonic speeds. Stryfe was dead/not around when Jimmy first discovered he could fly, and might not have been aware of it. But he can fly even faster than he can run, as shown here in the pre-Dawn of X X-Force series where he was shown flying and breaking the sound barrier.

No way! I totally disagree. James developing his own powers is awesome, there was no reason for him to have identical powers to his brother (the Summers and Guthrie siblings all have their own unique powers) and these make him stand out.
    Plus, flying "bricks" are fairly rare in the X-world, aside from Rogue and M/Penance.
    I know that this may be a strange question since it's a comic books, but How does James fly. What I loved about the Marvel Universe, especially with the old school Marvel Universe Handbook, is that they would have explanation on how characters powers worked. For example, when Sunspot powers were changed and he acquired force blasts; he could project them from his body like Cannonball and fly. How does James fly? His powers come from enhanced physical characteristics: Larger heart and lungs to explain his endurance. At least that was the explanation for Thunderbird so I assume it applies to James. Denser skin and muscle for enhanced durability and strength, etc. Has it been explained how James can fly?

Mighty Member

Classic scene when James get to confront Xavier and but will not murder him. The point when he get past the desire for revenge:

uncanny-x-men-193 .jpg

Ultimate Member

Not sure if they ever really explained it, it was one of his secondary mutations...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Not sure and a lot of X-fans have been speculating. I even asked Hickman on twitter but all I got was crickets. Some good story threads can come from that plot.

Mighty Member

This gives you a little example of Warpath's reflexes. Reminds me to the repeated comic book phrase: "I never seen someone so big move so fast." I mean the skrull is in mid swing before James notices him. It's also impressive that he was able to sneak up on James.

Last edited by taozen; 04-06-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I know that this may be a strange question since it's a comic books, but How does James fly. What I loved about the Marvel Universe, especially with the old school Marvel Universe Handbook, is that they would have explanation on how characters powers worked. For example, when Sunspot powers were changed and he acquired force blasts; he could project them from his body like Cannonball and fly. How does James fly? His powers come from enhanced physical characteristics: Larger heart and lungs to explain his endurance. At least that was the explanation for Thunderbird so I assume it applies to James. Denser skin and muscle for enhanced durability and strength, etc. Has it been explained how James can fly?
    As Logan said it was either a secondary mutations or a Legion flight ring. LOL

This gives you a little example of Warpath's reflexes. Reminds me to the repeated comic book phrase: "I never seen someone so big move so fast." I mean the skrull is in mid swing before James notices him. It's also impressive that he was able to sneak up on James.

Jamie and Rachel...I can go with that.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

Well personally I've always been a fan of James with a different redhead that likes to wear green...

Mighty Member

James and Risque or James and Monet.. Would also be a good revisit of history or a new fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Not sure if they ever really explained it, it was one of his secondary mutations...
    IIRC Grant Morrison introduced the concept of Secondary Mutations in his New X-Men run which stared cover date July 2001.

James developed his power of flight in X-Force #107 (cover date Oct 2000) with the explanation given by Pete Wisdom below that the actions of the High Evolutionary (I don’t recall which storyline he’s referring to) had reset everyone’s mutant genome and gave them access to their full potential range of abilities.
    To be fair the same issue showed Wisdom pushing other members of the team to use their powers in different ways as well. It was more of a general push to re-fit the characters arsenal to the Counter-X stories Ellis/Edgington wanted to tell.

So While it can be viewed as a early example of an early secondary mutation in retrospect, at the time James could fly “because”. He is not listed as a mutant with a confirmed secondary mutation.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Secondary_Mutation
    Hooray for flying bricks but I prefer Warpath the Pridewalker with his feet on the ground.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    IIRC Grant Morrison introduced the concept of Secondary Mutations in his New X-Men run which stared cover date July 2001.

James developed his power of flight in X-Force #107 (cover date Oct 2000) with the explanation given by Pete Wisdom below that the actions of the High Evolutionary (I don’t recall which storyline he’s referring to) had reset everyone’s mutant genome and gave them access to their full potential range of abilities.
    To be fair the same issue showed Wisdom pushing other members of the team to use their powers in different ways as well. It was more of a general push to re-fit the characters arsenal to the Counter-X stories Ellis/Edgington wanted to tell.

So While it can be viewed as a early example of an early secondary mutation in retrospect, at the time James could fly “because”. He is not listed as a mutant with a confirmed secondary mutation.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Secondary_Mutation
    Hooray for flying bricks but I prefer Warpath the Pridewalker with his feet on the ground.

How did Wisdom know his secondary mutation would allow him to fly?