Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Why wouldn't Cerebra have backed up John during Necrosha or Chaos War?
    No prize? He was TO infected in Necrosha and too mahine to be properly backed up then despite his mutant signature being detected

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

This is such a strange answer considering Petra and Sway are back. Jimmy needs to join Mystique in making a fuss about these resurrection protocols on Krakoa.
    Hahahaha, both Petra and Sway are back and they were recruited by Xavier before Thunderbird. It seems that White doesn't read the stories that his office publishes, or has very little understanding how that timeline works. It truly seems that Hickman is running the X-line on his own and White is just there as a figurehead.

Mighty Member

I believe that it is very strange that Thunderbird has not returned. He was a the first significant death of the new X-Men team yet he has not returned. I really believe that Hickman is brilliant as an architect/idea guy but in his X-Men stories, not many heroes of color take the forefront or are a focus.

RCO012_1468882869.jpgI remember I read this scene around the time I learned what the term intersectionality meant. That's one of the reasons I'm really excited for the Indigenous Voices issue. Mutants as a metaphor for oppressed people is one thing, but when you have characters that come from real life marginalized identities in addition to being mutants, I think their perspectives are probably a lot more complex and worth to dig into. And I know I'll be getting some of that from this issue's creators.

Yes! Yes! Yes! F..king yes! Warpath is back in New Mutants, we get a new writer, and hopefully no more Glob or twins. I am so happy right now, issue 14 cannot get here fast enough.

Warpath in New Mutants!!! Yes!! About time we got to see him in this new era!!!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Ultimate Member

Would love to see Siryn there as well but I guess that I can't have everything...just hope that he's written well...

Mighty Member

Has Warpath been used in any book recently besides Marvel's Voices: Indigenous Voices #1?

He was only mentioned in that one. I don't know if he's in any others.

I agree with you! I hope James "Warpath" Proudstar is written well in New Mutants and hope he gets reunited with Terry "Siryn" Cassidy in that book or maybe in January X-Factor #6 book issue (DEATH SCREAM! Siryn is dead. Again. And again. And again). I have been waiting over a year looking for any Warpath's appearance and/or interaction with Siryn in Hickman's numerous mutant books since Krakoa became the mutants nation.

I still don't understand how both Petra and Sway can be back but Thunderbird can't because "he died before Professor X fully realized his vision for Cerebro." If that is true then both Petra and Sway could not be back either, as they died BEFORE Thunderbird did. How has no one pointed this out to White is beyond my comprehension, and in any case he should be aware as it is his job as the main editor. Mistakes like this really take me out of a story because it should affect a character like James, who's whole reason for joining the Hellions was his brother's death.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 11-26-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    I still don't understand how both Petra and Sway can be back but Thunderbird can't because "he died before Professor X fully realized his vision for Cerebro." If that is true then both Petra and Sway could not be back either, as they died BEFORE Thunderbird did. How has no one pointed this out to White is beyond my comprehention, and in any case he should be aware as it is his job as the main editor. Mistakes like this really take out from a story because it should affect a character like James, who's whole reason for joining the Hellions was his brother's death.
    I agree. Thunderbird is the X-Men's first significant death. You would think his resurrection would be a big deal. I think that the characters like him, Warpath, Forge, and other characters of color in the mutant universe are usually ignored or at least do not get any real character development. It may not be on purpose but so many of the past creators just are not interested in those characters.

Mighty Member

When they announced X of Swords. I was hoping Warpath was going to be one of the characters picked due to his propensity to use vibranium knives. And with his powerset, fighting skills and warrior nature; I thought he would be an excellent choice in the story. I thought he would finally get some character development. Alas no.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    When they announced X of Swords. I was hoping Warpath was going to be one of the characters picked due to his propensity to use vibranium knives. And with his powerset, fighting skills and warrior nature; I thought he would be an excellent choice in the story. I thought he would finally get some character development. Alas no.
    Take comfort in that it seems actual use of and skill with a bladed weapon isn't central to the duels of X OF SWORDS, after all.