Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

The only thing is that I really like him better without the knives, he really doesn't need them imho...

If the Resurrection Protocols indeed mean that James and John are co-existing as X-Men for the first time, it’s a fantastic opportunity to see the sibling dynamic of the Thunderbird brothers in action and see if anyone cares to delve into the minutae of the differences in their abilities and personalities.

John always struck me as hardened by his military experience, whereas James (aside from his vendetta to avenge/honor his brother), came to take on a sort of free spirit personality (mostly under Nicieza in X-Force) before becoming more of a carbon copy of John in Brubaker’s X-Men - a Wolverine substitute, complete with knives.

Still the Brothers Thunderbird were blessed with one of Dave Cockrum’s best designs and Greg Capullo did well adapting it later for Warpath.

Ultimate Member

Would kind of wonder if the two would spar just to see who was stronger and such...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The only thing is that I really like him better without the knives, he really doesn't need them imho...
    Right. He can left damn near 100 tons. Knives are just adding insult to whoever he is fighting. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Would kind of wonder if the two would spar just to see who was stronger and such...
    James is way above his older brother when it comes to powers. Though that might have to do with John dying so early.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

That's why they should have John have more balanced powerset. Maybe make him have quicker reflexes, faster in speed, and way more agile than James. Also John should be a more skilled combatant. Hopefully they will not make their powers the same with Warpath being just stronger. But I really believe John will not be used. Hell writers have not even used James with his great powerset in the new Hickman X-verse.

Mighty Member

Saw this art of Thunderbird and thought it is the best piece I've seen ever of him:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmatrixmikey View Post
    Yes I agree with you regarding Warpath (James Proudstar) and Siryn (Theresa Cassidy) getting together. I have been a fan of both of them since their early days in X-Force. I enjoyed their chemistry as first teammates and then best friends (James helping and supporting Theresa with her alcoholism problem), but never got together as a romantic couple which I hope they would have. Throughout the years, many writers forgot to shown their interaction when James and Theresa were on different teams: James in X-Force and X-Men and Theresa in X-Factor. Since the Krakoa island nation was created, I am still waiting to see James and Theresa talking again and hope to see them become a romantic couple this time. Remember Banshee (Sean Cassidy) Theresa's father use to say that Thunderbird (John Proudstar) James' brother were best friends in X-Men........
    I just always loved how much she trusted him, when she took him home to Cassidy Keep and passed out drunk outside in the rain she woke up wearing little to nothing more than a blanket but never seemed to have a problem with the fact that he had brought her inside and cleaned her up and done all of that...and how he would tease her from time to time, and yeah Sean and Black Tom and Juggernaut seemed to be perfectly fine with the idea of Terry and James together...

I'd love for Jimmy to make a huge comeback but I'm honestly struggling with what kind of story I want to see for him. Reunions with his brother, Terry or Risque would be highly welcomed but after that then what? He's been made the moral compass of the team in his last few stints but I feel his character needs new motivation.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 03-31-2020 at 08:55 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I'd love for Jimmy to make a huge comeback but I'm honestly struggling with what kind of story I want to see for him. Reunions with his brother, Terry or Risque would be highly welcomed but after that then what? He's been made the moral of the compass of the team in his last few stints but I feel his character needs new motivation.
    He definitely could use some greater character development. I would enjoy a story with some of the Native American mutants investigating something happening to mutants on various reservations.

Or just put him on a team book that doesn’t have 10 members so that his character can be developed more.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Where is he lately? Have not seen him in a while. I know he is on the X-Force at the bar spread page, but we have not seen him in action for quite some time. Sadly.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Where is he lately? Have not seen him in a while. I know he is on the X-Force at the bar spread page, but we have not seen him in action for quite some time. Sadly.
    ‪‪I think that it's John/Thunderbird in the Green Lagoon spread. The man in the Lagoon with Kwannon/Psylocke has a much more slight build than James as drawn by Josh Cassara in X-Force 2's splash page around Xavier's assassinated body.

Either way, James is on Krakoa and not up to anything of note as far as we know at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    ‪‪I think that it's John/Thunderbird in the Green Lagoon spread. The man in the Lagoon with Kwannon/Psylocke has a much more slight build than James as drawn by Josh Cassara in X-Force 2's splash page around Xavier's assassinated body.

Either way, James is on Krakoa and not up to anything of note as far as we know at this time.
    Yes, I agree with you that it could be John Proudstar (Thunderbird) who looks like the man with a red headband sitting in the lagoon next to Kwannon (Psylocke) because James Proudstar (Warpath) usually appears taller with more muscular build body and a Thunderbird tattoo on his back. If it is John Proudstar resurrected, it would be cool to see the 2 brothers have a reunion and fight side by side in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmatrixmikey View Post
    Yes, I agree with you that it could be John Proudstar (Thunderbird) who looks like the man with a red headband sitting in the lagoon next to Kwannon (Psylocke) because James Proudstar (Warpath) usually appears taller with more muscular build body and a Thunderbird tattoo on his back. If it is John Proudstar resurrected, it would be cool to see the 2 brothers have a reunion and fight side by side in the near future.
    In the absence of another Thunderbird being present elsewhere in that spread or shown to be elsewhere in another portion of the story, I’m not sure concluding that the figure shown MUST be John and not James because of a physique change by the artist might be premature.
    Also if the resurrected bodies of Krakoa are like clones bringing back the deceased “in their prime” and tattooing is a body modification...would New James have the Thunderbird tattoo at all?

Thank you for showing the great picture of James Proudstar's Thunderbird tattoo on his back. The last time James Proudstar (Warpath) was recently seen was in X-Force #2 page spread of Krakoa mutants looking at Professor Xavier's dead body with James standing next to Sean Cassidy (Banshee) and Guido Carosella (Strong Guy). xmen.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    In the absence of another Thunderbird being present elsewhere in that spread or shown to be elsewhere in another portion of the story, I’m not sure concluding that the figure shown MUST be John and not James because of a physique change by the artist might be premature.
    Also if the resurrected bodies of Krakoa are like clones bringing back the deceased “in their prime” and tattooing is a body modification...would New James have the Thunderbird tattoo at all?
    Based on the visual, all we have, it isn't the same figure. Warpath isn't a small man, or proportioned the same. All we have to go on is the image, and it doesn't match.

And, James absolutely has his tattoo still, as he has never died and hasn't been resurrected on Krakoa.

At this point, him not having a tiny head atop a big body like Cassara, and everyone, draws the 7'2" James vs. the 6'1" John, and not having James's tattoo, and having the same haircut as John, and the fact that Mutants who've died before John are back (Sway, Petra, Changeling), there's literally no reason to assume it's James and several to assume it's John.
    Last edited by ISnowNothin; 03-31-2020 at 05:04 AM.