Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Take comfort in that it seems actual use of and skill with a bladed weapon isn't central to the duels of X OF SWORDS, after all.
    Where's this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where's this from?
    X-Force v3

I drew this last April, but somehow I never posted it. I'm kinda wincing at the torso, now, but what the heck.

Warpath.jpg

James likes short shorts!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    James likes short shorts!

Girls will be girls! Funny page!

Now that James is on the New Mutants, do you think we will see a proper reunion with John? One thing I think this era has fail with is not showing how long dead mutants react to being alive again and not showing reunions to relatives or ex-lovers.

There's actually a long list of people I'd like to see James have a reunion with. His brother John, Siryn, Risque, any of his former Hellion teammates. Hell, I'd even take a reunion with Caliban
    Based on this latest issue on New Mutants, I feel like James is in good hands

How strong do Warpath fans prefer James to be at? I find that he was limiting himself to his brothers power-set in his early days pretty interesting.

He seems to range anywhere from struggling wrestling alligators to near Colossus or Thing level. Personally I prefer him to be a powerhouse as the thread title suggests, though TBH his stint on X-Force did fit a "bruiser" type powerset better; in being weaker but fighting smarter. (though it's not mutually exclusive)

I like 'Juggernaut-wrestling' level strength for James. One of the strongest. No flying though.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I like 'Juggernaut-wrestling' level strength for James. One of the strongest. No flying though.
    Yea the flying's a bit weird. I don't entirely mind it, but it doesn't really go with the image writers/artists seem to have of him with his dual knives.

Also he seems to forget he has those abilities half the time, sort of like Sunspots energy blasts.

I like Roberto's power evolution; flying, energy blasts, nigh-invulnerability, they make sense based on his solar absorption base. But flying James never made sense to me. Just super strong/tough, with some superior senses and reflexes, etc. It's not the fanciest power set, but it'll do.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Now that John is back, I don't mind James being able to fly. Other than Rogue and M, I don't think there are many flying bricks. With his enhanced senses, he'll basically be a superman type without the heat vision/freeze breath powers. He could even give his big bro the vibranium blades. As for his strength, he defiantly should be on the upper tier -- way out of Captain America weight class (stupid AvX).
    Last edited by Alphaxman; 12-18-2020 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Now that John is back, I don't mind James being able to fly. Other than Rogue and M, I don't think there are many flying bricks. With his enhanced senses, he'll basically be a superman type without the heat vision/freeze breath powers. He could even give his big bro the vibranium blades. As for his strength, he defiantly should be on the upper tier -- way out of Captain America weight class (stupid AvX).
    Sunspot and Cannonball are flying bricks. Thats already 2 within this franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Sunspot and Cannonball are flying bricks. Thats already 2 within this franchise
    I wouldn't call Sam a brick the same way Colossus, Rogue, M, Strong Guy and Gentle are. And Sunspot doesn't have the durability that matches his strength. Plus most writers seem to write him using his solar bolts/flight over his super strength. And the two besties are out in space, living their best life, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I wouldn't call Sam a brick the same way Colossus, Rogue, M, Strong Guy and Gentle are. And Sunspot doesn't have the durability that matches his strength. Plus most writers seem to write him using his solar bolts/flight over his super strength. And the two besties are out in space, living their best life, right now.
    Sam isnt a brick on the ground but he most definietly is when airborne. A flying brick flies and hits hard and he does exactly that, just as Rogue or M would. Most writers dont write his flight, but most dont write James' either. That is used even less so. Roberto still can do it though and his durability is far more enhanced now than it was when he was a kid.
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-18-2020 at 07:32 AM.