Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

I like the idea that he's not quite Colossus/Thing level strength if they played up his speed more. I think having super speed and strength/invulnerability in combination with his blades makes him much more unique. He's like a freight train. With knives
    Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 8.01.51 PM.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Now that John is back, I don't mind James being able to fly. Other than Rogue and M, I don't think there are many flying bricks. With his enhanced senses, he'll basically be a superman type without the heat vision/freeze breath powers. He could even give his big bro the vibranium blades. As for his strength, he defiantly should be on the upper tier -- way out of Captain America weight class (stupid AvX).
    Is John officially back now? What issue did it happen in?

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Is John officially back now? What issue did it happen in?
    New mutants 14

Ultimate Member

I would say that James is at or pretty dang close to Colossus level strength, then you add in all of his other abilities and they make his strength that much more of a danger to enemies...

On the topic of knives vs no knives, how about the hatchets/tomahawks from AOX?

Ultimate Member

I never thought that James needed any weapons, he was a weapon just by himself using only his fists and such...kind of overkill, like he didn't look badass enough or something to a particular writer so they gave him weapons, or tried to differentiate him from Colossus or some other strong person...

I'm not interested in the weapons either. C&C went too far with that knifey/slicey X-Force run. James doesn't need to go around cutting people in half on the regular.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I never thought that James needed any weapons, he was a weapon just by himself using only his fists and such...kind of overkill, like he didn't look badass enough or something to a particular writer so they gave him weapons, or tried to differentiate him from Colossus or some other strong person...
    Well, how else are they supposed to differentiate him from another strong man or woman?

Ultimate Member

Well for one thing he's Native American and none of the others are, so there's that, in the old days his physique was very different from any other strong person so he wouldn't get confused with anybody else, in other words I never confused him with any other strong character, but maybe Marvel thought otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well for one thing he's Native American and none of the others are, so there's that, in the old days his physique was very different from any other strong person so he wouldn't get confused with anybody else, in other words I never confused him with any other strong character, but maybe Marvel thought otherwise...
    I meant in terms of combat characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I meant in terms of combat characteristics.
    That screen shot by Trane Trax showed that James can use his super speed with his strength that Colossus, Strong Guy, Gentle, etc. can't match. As for weapons, it's a no for me. They make his too much like Logan where his vast super strength suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm not interested in the weapons either. C&C went too far with that knifey/slicey X-Force run. James doesn't need to go around cutting people in half on the regular.
    They arent the ones that added that to him. Brubaker did in his UXM run

Ultimate Member

Well Warpath was always one that attacked his enemies and wasn't just a stationary target like Colossus, he's more aggressive in his fights than the others, and back in the 90's Siryn had a tendency to always be sitting on his shoulder after a fight...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They arent the ones that added that to him. Brubaker did in his UXM run
    IIRC Brubaker kinda ignored how strong he was supposed to be.

Those blades should make him one of the most dangerous X-Men. Unbreakable blades, with the strenght and speed to back it up: he could do way more damages than Snikt Dude (not to mention he must have twice his range)
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way