Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    He definitely could use some greater character development. I would enjoy a story with some of the Native American mutants investigating something happening to mutants on various reservations.

Or just put him on a team book that doesn’t have 10 members so that his character can be developed more.
    I've really come to like James in the mentor/teacher role he sometimes get thrown into. When he was training Darwin during Uncanny and the Nation X anthology series where he had a run-in with the NXM over ice cream were really fun times. I think with all the things he's been through in addition to his own past as a "child soldier" it would be a nice change to see him taking over and training younger generations. Maybe even take a page from the KYost X-Force run where they had him teaming with Ghost Rider and broaden his mystical ties.

Ultimate Member

James would only have the tattoo if the next writer and artist to work with him want him to imho, I think that James and John working together could be fun, maybe a trip back to Cassidy Keep with Terry and her family could be fun...

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    Based on the visual, all we have, it isn't the same figure. Warpath isn't a small man, or proportioned the same. All we have to go on is the image, and it doesn't match.

And, James absolutely has his tattoo still, as he has never died and hasn't been resurrected on Krakoa.

At this point, him not having a tiny head atop a big body like Cassara, and everyone, draws the 7'2" James vs. the 6'1" John, and not having James's tattoo, and having the same haircut as John, and the fact that Mutants who've died before John are back (Sway, Petra, Changeling), there's literally no reason to assume it's James and several to assume it's John.
    I’m not seeing a huge difference between the crowd shot of James vs the partially submerged figure from behind in the party shot.
    Attachment 95001Attachment 95002
    And then why include one that we’ve not seen yet and not the other that has been seen? But I defer to the judgement of those who are following more closely than myself.

But still I hope we do see brotherly interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    James would only have the tattoo if the next writer and artist to work with him want him to imho, I think that James and John working together could be fun, maybe a trip back to Cassidy Keep with Terry and her family could be fun...
    Return to Camp Verde or BUST!

Astonishing Member

The great, legendary Liefeld was the first creator to breath life into Warpath instead of just keeping him as a background character.

Ultimate Member

During Nicieza's run Warpath got some much needed characterization, and fun times with Terry like the trip back to her Keep, and then not sure if it was an issue of Cable or X-Force where Terry ends up in her underwear and James comments something like nice outfit Terry and she tells him to hush himself, though from the art it looks like both are teasing each other and they both know it...

Mighty Member

A bit of an example of Warpath's speed, power and skill in combat.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    In the absence of another Thunderbird being present elsewhere in that spread or shown to be elsewhere in another portion of the story, I’m not sure concluding that the figure shown MUST be John and not James because of a physique change by the artist might be premature.
    Also if the resurrected bodies of Krakoa are like clones bringing back the deceased “in their prime” and tattooing is a body modification...would New James have the Thunderbird tattoo at all?
    I loved this look on him.. He def competes with Pete for best beef cake of the X men.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if much of what James owns has to be specially made for how big he is, like the showerhead in his shower is like really high up there, so that if any of the X-ladies took a shower there they wouldn't be able to touch it as it'd be so high up there and all...I always liked his look during Nicieza's X-Force run the best...

Mighty Member

warpath merch:

Mighty Member

Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

X-Force wetworks team uniform:

Ultimate Member

I have a Marvel Universe Warpath action figure...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I have a Marvel Universe Warpath action figure...
    This one?

Mighty Member

Or this?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    This one?

That's the one, got a figure of Psylocke from that series as well...it's funny that on the back of the package for Warpath they list his real name, but for Betsy they just refer to her as Psylocke...