Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Another display of James' speed. Stryfe says Warpath is moving so fast he almost looks like he is flying. So imagine a at least 70ton strong, extremely durable tank coming at you at this speed (anywhere from 50 to 100mph). That is a deadly combination. That why I am surprised he is not used more often in X-Universe stories. Also it is probably redundant to have him and Wolverine in the story. But Logan's presence equal sales.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Another display of James' speed. Stryfe says Warpath is moving so fast he almost looks like he is flying.
    Shhhhhhh! Don’t mention flying!
    Least favorite addition to his power set despite how HAWT Ariel Olivetti makes Leather fetish James 2.0 look while doing it during the Counter X period.

Spectacular Member

Another display of James' speed. Stryfe says Warpath is moving so fast he almost looks like he is flying. So imagine a at least 70ton strong, extremely durable tank coming at you at this speed (anywhere from 50 to 100mph). That is a deadly combination. That why I am surprised he is not used more often in X-Universe stories. Also it is probably redundant to have him and Wolverine in the story. But Logan's presence equal sales.
    ‪‪I think that's a reference to James's *literal* power of flight, which he's capable of doing at supersonic speeds. Stryfe was dead/not around when Jimmy first discovered he could fly, and might not have been aware of it. But he can fly even faster than he can run, as shown here in the pre-Dawn of X X-Force series where he was shown flying and breaking the sound barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Least favorite addition to his power set despite how HAWT Ariel Olivetti makes him look while doing it!
    No way! I totally disagree. James developing his own powers is awesome, there was no reason for him to have identical powers to his brother (the Summers and Guthrie siblings all have their own unique powers) and these make him stand out.
    Plus, flying "bricks" are fairly rare in the X-world, aside from Rogue and M/Penance.
    Last edited by ISnowNothin; 04-02-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Mighty Member

Maybe Jimmy can super strength (class 75), super speed(100 running/faster flying), invulnerability, with a healing factor and super senses with the shaman power potentials

John - enhanced strength(class 10), speed(50 miles), durability(tough skin, with a healing factor), and agility(nightcrawler level) along with the powers his character had on the gifted.. I liked those Foresight abilities. A great way to show similarities but differences in their powers.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Maybe Jimmy can super strength (class 75), super speed(100 running/faster flying), invulnerability, with a healing factor and super senses with the shaman power potentials

John - enhanced strength(class 10), speed(50 miles), durability(tough skin, with a healing factor), and agility(nightcrawler level) along with the powers his character had on the gifted.. I liked those Foresight abilities. A great way to show similarities but differences in their powers.
    ‪‪I like that idea. And it could be cool having John's tracking enhanced by his powers beyond just their shared ability of enhanced senses, an ability to find anyone or anything, and could relate to the precognition/retrocognition ability he had on the Gifted.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Least favorite addition to his power set despite how HAWT Ariel Olivetti makes Leather fetish James 2.0 look while doing it during the Counter X period.
    Can he still fly or have they ignored his flying ability? Was it temporary? The reason I ask is that I have not seen him fly in a long, long, long time.

Mighty Member

Similar to his past mystical shamanic abilities which ghost rider activated. Those have been ignored and i'm glad since all Native American characters should not have mystical abilities. That reminds me of the X-Men cartoon that had Thunderbird transforming into a bear. Now this is over dubbed for comedy but you can seen Thunderbird transform at the 45 second mark. They just made up powers for him.

Mighty Member

Like this page as it shows James as a man of action. I remember when he was in space in Brubaker's Uncanny run that he was going stir crazy on the ship. He was bored to death.

warpath leaping into asction.jpg

Spectacular Member

Can he still fly or have they ignored his flying ability? Was it temporary? The reason I ask is that I have not seen him fly in a long, long, long time.
    No, it wasn't temporary, and it hasn't been ignored. As ‪‪I mentioned above here, he flew recently. He was shown doing so in 2018's Weapon X, one of the most recent series he appeared regularly in.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    ‪‪I think that's a reference to James's *literal* power of flight, which he's capable of doing at supersonic speeds. Stryfe was dead/not around when Jimmy first discovered he could fly, and might not have been aware of it. But he can fly even faster than he can run, as shown here in the pre-Dawn of X X-Force series where he was shown flying and breaking the sound barrier.
    Similar to his past mystical shamanic abilities which ghost rider activated. Those have been ignored and i'm glad since all Native American characters should not have mystical abilities. That reminds me of the X-Men cartoon that had Thunderbird transforming into a bear. Now this is over dubbed for comedy but you can seen Thunderbird transform at the 45 second mark. They just made up powers for him.
    ‪‪I completely agree. No need for shamanistic powers for either Proudstar, imho. It's extremely stereotypical and an overdone trope. Most Native American superheroes either have a personal history as or are directly related to a shaman, and it's almost always through the lens of a non-Native author. It's not hateful in intention, but its overuse is problematic.
    Last edited by ISnowNothin; 04-02-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Mighty Member

James vs Sabretooth. I am assuming its Warpath with the style of knife:

Mighty Member

Actually it may be John with the bird head figure above them. Or it could be James when he was going by Thunderbird.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post

No way! I totally disagree. James developing his own powers is awesome, there was no reason for him to have identical powers to his brother (the Summers and Guthrie siblings all have their own unique powers) and these make him stand out.
    Plus, flying "bricks" are fairly rare in the X-world, aside from Rogue and M/Penance.
    Which series is that (supersonic flying James) from?

Spectacular Member

Which series is that (supersonic flying James) from?
    ‪‪I misspoke earlier. I had thought it was the 2019 X-Force series by Ed Brisson because I confused Ricardo López Ortiz's art for Dylan Burnett's, but it was from the most recent volume of Weapon X by Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente, that scene was specifically in issue 20 in 2018. Less that 2 years ago, so not too long.

Astonishing Member

Been reading Brubaker's run on Uncanny X-men, reminding me why James is such a great character. That's where I became a fan of Warpath.

Ultimate Member

I became a fan of James' way back during Nicieza's X-Force run, also when I became a fan of Siryn, Cannonball, and Meltdown...