Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Probably Nicieza's X-Force, by showing that he was much more than just the muscles and all of that...

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    James' first appearance in Uncanny X-Men, John Romita Jr style:

And a bit of original art. Don't know the signature:

Billy Tan, he drew the Shiar 12 part story during Brubaker's run.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Probably Nicieza's X-Force, by showing that he was much more than just the muscles and all of that...
    So nothing really of note since then? I read Necrosha and Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire. To help out comic stores since I am still working, I just purchased Brisson's X-Force. Trying to by some comics to support my LCS and others online.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    So nothing really of note since then? I read Necrosha and Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire. To help out comic stores since I am still working, I just purchased Brisson's X-Force. Trying to by some comics to support my LCS and others online.
    Both Loeb and especially John Francis Moore continued James progression nicely in their respective runs.

Mighty Member

Like that art. Not sure if its James or John but its definitely the Thunderbird costume. Any one know where this is from?

I think that’s John from Choas War X-Men mini.

Has there been any mention of John being brought back to life now that the mutants are living on Krakoa?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Has there been any mention of John being brought back to life now that the mutants are living on Krakoa?
    Not yet officially. There is a panel that has people speculating.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

Another Tan sketch:

Tan%20Warpath.jpg

Mighty Member

Interesting example as how acute Warpath's senses are. When Mimic copies his powers, he is overwhelmed by them.

How strong is Warpath currently? How does his strength compare to someone like Colossus? I know Colossus is stronger, but by how much?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    How strong is Warpath currently? How does his strength compare to someone like Colossus? I know Colossus is stronger, but by how much?
    From what I understand and keep in mind this has not been defined. Warpath had a power upgrade and was strong enough to hold his own against Juggernaut. I saw that in early X-Force days, he was as strong as a young Colossus at the 75 ton range. I have not read those book in over 15 year so I am going by things I have read on various websites. I have seen listings up to 90 tons but I am not sure that was in a comic. It is just not clearly defined much like his currently running speed.

Mighty Member

I just read Brisson's X-Force run and it was okay. There was hardly any Thunderbird content as the series' focus was more on Young Cable, Domino and Deathlok. James did have one good comedy scene where he is recovering from an injury and bored and he is caught reading a romance novel because those were the only books at the facility. But the Warpath content in the series was just meh. He was mostly the strong guy to had a bit of fight skills.

Mighty Member

So I am halfway through the Brubaker Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire run and is not bad so far. In terms of Warpath's usage, physically he is of course the team tank. It did establish that James hate the sterile nature of a space ship and would rather be in nature. He loved the fell of the ground under his feet and wind in his hair. He is also a man of action and gets bored rather easily. Besides that not much development has happened for him thus far. Interesting in the beginning Xavier pick him due to the fact that the only other person he knew that hated him as much a Vulcan was James after his brother, John, died.

Mighty Member

Warpath the Winter Guard in a Weapon X series. This shows how versatile his powers are. With his speed, power, durability and agility you see James take on the entire Guard himself. He should be utilized much more than just a bruiser. James has abilities that should make him one of the most dangerous members physically on the X-Men.

warpath-vs-the-winter-guard-1.jpg

warpath-vs-the-winter-guard-2.jpg

warpath-vs-the-winter-guard-3.jpg
    Last edited by taozen; 04-21-2020 at 03:26 PM.