Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Well back in Nicieza's X-Force run he showed James as being more than just his physical strength a few times, then he was given the knives and much of that went out the window for him to join one X-Force group after another...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well back in Nicieza's X-Force run he showed James as being more than just his physical strength a few times, then he was given the knives and much of that went out the window for him to join one X-Force group after another...
    Yeah he basically has been put in the Wolverine role and the slashing brawler. But they will put him on the same team as Logan which is rather redundant but Wolvie brings in the sales I guess. it has been a while since James has had any real character development.

Ultimate Member

I would love to see James and Terry on the same team and for them to reconnect and for her to get him to set the knives aside, as to many he never needed them, and lighten up, something that he always seems to do around her, she always could bring out his humorous side better than anyone else, and he hers...

James Proudstar's dreamboat status was cemented in his passionate debut issue "Uncanny X-Men #193". Such emotional range, he EVEN CRIED. Hold me Jimmy, Hold me!
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-28-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Warpath the Winter Guard in a Weapon X series. This shows how versatile his powers are. With his speed, power, durability and agility you see James take on the entire Guard himself. He should be utilized much more than just a bruiser. James has abilities that should make him one of the most dangerous members physically on the X-Men.

Attachment 95814

Attachment 95815

Attachment 95816
    Agreed. His heightened senses plus his physical powers really allow for a ton of potential.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ultimate Member

Just think of him like a guy the size of Shaq that has almost the same agility as Nightcrawler, all that in a guy that can easily lift a car above his head and is basically bulletproof and extremely hard to damage...a true powerhouse...

Mighty Member

Just think of him like a guy the size of Shaq that has almost the same agility as Nightcrawler, all that in a guy that can easily lift a car above his head and is basically bulletproof and extremely hard to damage...a true powerhouse...
    Don't forget his speed and the enhanced senses. When you see the powerset, I often wonder why he isn't used more? And he isn't too powerful that in that he would be too difficult to write. Most writers who use him do not show his speed in their stories.

Ultimate Member

Well yeah he's got all of that as well, making him perhaps to overpowered to some writers, or they might just look at him and not be able to think of anything to do with him, sadly...

Mighty Member

Well yeah he's got all of that as well, making him perhaps to overpowered to some writers, or they might just look at him and not be able to think of anything to do with him, sadly...
    It seems that he has been used as a junior league Wolverine type tank. Basically a tank with knives. During the quarantine I picked up a few series he was in during the past 10 years and most of the time he has not had any real character development.

Ultimate Member

Possibly because he's merely been the junior character over those many years, he got a pretty fair amount of character development when he was on Nicieza's X-Force, imho being around Terry helped a great deal, and the knives haven't really helped him get anything good character wise either...he's much more than just a simple tank...

Mighty Member

Maybe that is why so many writers ignore his ability to fly which was a secondary mutation a fellow board member informed me. I still want to know how he flies. Marvel usually explains a mutant ability to fly but that has not happened with Warpath.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Maybe that is why so many writers ignore his ability to fly which was a secondary mutation a fellow board member informed me. I still want to know how he flies. Marvel usually explains a mutant ability to fly but that has not happened with Warpath.
    Well they dont do handbooks like they use too.. also it can be simple as his secondary mutation is the opposite of the blob's gravity field which gives him the ability to fly. I certainly would rather he fly than Magma.

Ultimate Member

James doesn't need to fly to be cool, if memory serves he flew during Counter X, putting himself right in front of a flying airplane...then again superspeed would mean that his body had adjusted to being able to process image and sounds and such at a much faster rate than normal so that he wouldn't just run into everything when he went so fast...

James needs a book away from the knives, imho with Terry there as they both need some work and work very well together, she used to want to lead and I don't see James as having a problem taking orders from her...

Mighty Member

Thunderbird-X-Men-Marvel-Comics-James-Proudtsar-h1.jpg

I posted this pic to show James using skill in combat when he was not nearly as powerful as he is now. It makes some sense that as he gets stronger and durable, he does not have to be as skilled. But I can't remember him performing a hand to hand skilled martial arts technique with his blades in a long, long time. He should be a bit more skilled in combat than just a tank.

Ultimate Member

He is very skilled, it's just that since he got the blades writers and such seem to view him as only being able to fight with them and nothing else, as if he's forgotten how to fight in any other way...