Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Devil Reign X-men a.k.a Devil Reign Emma Frost. 3 Finale spoilers and review

Summary

So the preview pages happens but

Emma goes back to Hellfire london then she discover (mysterious music begin) is the child yes that child.

So Isabelle tells Emma that Elektra went to train her and her live is pretty nice.

So Emma go against Union jack again they go back to Krakoa go to talk with Urich and set the score with Fisk

UNTIL.

the last pages is Emma using Mary to warn Kingpin of being against her. so bla bla Kingpin enter to Emma to destroy list.

This story was perfect for a one shot the 3 issues can be "zipped" in one big one shot. but was fine and funny

Duggan really really likes Emma kinda Carey loving Rogue but no creepy yet.

Now if Emma and Cap get together...

7/10

I really did enjoy this little mini, the expansion of her past as well as possibly adding Kingpin to her rogue's gallery was something that was unexpected but, also nice.
    The idea of the conflict between them continuing beyond Devils Reign is was nice to see and hopefully Emma is able to keep her promise and kills Fisk for crossing her.

I did also really love the panel where Emma and Isabelle enter Krakoa and Isabelle immediately hates the idea of staying there because she's a fan of the city. I honestly hope we see her again, with some depth and more characterization I feel like she could be a cool character, having been trained by Elektra and taken care of by Emma she has the potential to be a really interesting character.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I really did enjoy this little mini, the expansion of her past as well as possibly adding Kingpin to her rogue's gallery was something that was unexpected but, also nice.
    The idea of the conflict between them continuing beyond Devils Reign is was nice to see and hopefully Emma is able to keep her promise and kills Fisk for crossing her.

I did also really love the panel where Emma and Isabelle enter Krakoa and Isabelle immediately hates the idea of staying there because she's a fan of the city. I honestly hope we see her again, with some depth and more characterization I feel like she could be a cool character, having been trained by Elektra and taken care of by Emma she has the potential to be a really interesting character.
    Huh, that’s actually a good question. Given Krakoa is you know, and Island, and the sheer number of mutants there should be, by population density alone they should have a city? Unless they are limiting the numbers and shifting off the excess to Mars to try and acclimate the Arraki

It's an Emma wank story, where she's continually thrown into situations and gets out of them rather easily. If you like this type of story for Emma, you'll like the mini. If you don't, then you'll probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Huh, that’s actually a good question. Given Krakoa is you know, and Island, and the sheer number of mutants there should be, by population density alone they should have a city? Unless they are limiting the numbers and shifting off the excess to Mars to try and acclimate the Arraki
    Didn't one of the Excalibur datapages say there were like 1500 mutants living in Otherworld?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Didn't one of the Excalibur datapages say there were like 1500 mutants living in Otherworld?
    ...Why?! It's been a while since I read Excalibure but is there any reason Mutants are choosing to live in a place which actually will kill them for 'good' this time?

Was that little girl a mutant or just a normal human?

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Was that little girl a mutant or just a normal human?
    I'm assuming she's a human, from her only using martial arts and Emma saying that it wouldn't be easy for her to get in Krakoa as well as Emma saying she would have to make accommodations for her
    She's A Lifebringer

The foot fetishists will have a field day will this issue.

Who wants to bet that horse Emma gave Isabel was Butter Rum?
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Seemed like a normal human, Emma mentioned it'd be difficult but not impossible to get clearance for her to live on Krakoa if she wanted which wouldn't make sense if she was a mutant. Making her a mutant would be a little too convenient but I can see her being a Yukio-esque character in relation to the Cuckoos if they want to do more with her.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It's an Emma wank story, where she's continually thrown into situations and gets out of them rather easily. If you like this type of story for Emma, you'll like the mini. If you don't, then you'll probably won't.
    At least someone gets it
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

We didn't know we needed an Emma solo by Duggan but we do now.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I want to see Emma and Elektra reconnect in the present. It's the buddy book I never knew I needed till now.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I want to see Emma and Elektra reconnect in the present. It's the buddy book I never knew I needed till now.
    i need it so badly and i hate how little they actually worked together in this mini, their interactions are gold and i can only imagine how much fun it would be if they actually had the chance to interact now
    She's A Lifebringer

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As entertaining as this was and as much as I love Emma...it highlights and underscores my abject distaste for tie-ins that have absolutely nothing to do with the main event.

Isabelle is an intriguing character though so I hope we see/read more of her in the future, somewhere.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!