Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Sadly true. Marvel forum has become pretty empty of any discussions worth reading really.
    Really, ever since the forum reset a few years back it seems that nobody ever makes discussion threads for the marvel comics in this section. Most consistent discussion comes from the X-board followed by Spider-Man. Wonder what happened that people just stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Really, ever since the forum reset a few years back it seems that nobody ever makes discussion threads for the marvel comics in this section. Most consistent discussion comes from the X-board followed by Spider-Man. Wonder what happened that people just stopped.
    It seems to me most people use Appreciation Threads for discussions, more or less.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No it won't. At least not for me. Comics-wise, I've got so many back issues to read and enjoy.
    This. I’m still trying to get caught up from the 2018 fresh start. Currently at WotR, but also getting minis, issues, etc. of titles I enjoy, so I could be set for months.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I've got decades of comics to reread, so I'll do fine. I do miss going to my comic shop every week and seeing other comic collectors. So that, I'll definitely miss!

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It seems to me most people use Appreciation Threads for discussions, more or less.
    Can't say I'm surprised. Regular threads unfortunately have a tendency to become easy bait for "everything is awful, it should return to _______" drive-by posts so most people who actually want to discuss what is happening with the character without the trolling just stick with the Appreciation threads.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Comixology is still marketting comics as still coming out this week, so I'm still set to go for this week at least lol
    So does that mean that Comixology is shipping comics that are print

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    So what does that mean about comixology getting comic book? can someone explain this to me
    No one knows. Marvel hasn't made an announcement. It's all speculation. You'd be better off asking Marvel itself on Twitter or someplace.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Only been reading comics for 2 years and now the whole industry is going to die.

I loved my comic shop and the employees. I loved the series I had on my pull list.

I guess I shouldn't complain, my life could be much worse right now, but this is so depressing.
    If you've only been reading comics for 2 years, there's a TON of series that you could try during this hiatus.

I miss my local LCBS too, and hope they can survive the crisis. If they are still open, I'm sure they could recommend some older series you might like, and that way you could help them out, plus still enjoy comics 'new' to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Stay positive. The industry is not going to die. This is a difficult time but things will get better.
    I am trying to stay positive, despite feeling like the Big Two are shooting themselves, and the industry, in the foot.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Part of the reason is that the new owners don't start threads for their 'articles' like they used to under Jonah. I use the word 'article' loosely. That thread for June's solicits started by Cronin last week was the first I'd seen in YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is true, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised. Regular threads unfortunately have a tendency to become easy bait for "everything is awful, it should return to _______" drive-by posts so most people who actually want to discuss what is happening with the character without the trolling just stick with the Appreciation threads.
    As well as an amazing amount of banning, and I'm not talking just about trolls.

Extraordinary Member

I'm in the same boat on the back issues front. I have a big backlog of comics I've been sitting on. On top of that, I have a bunch of regular books and plays on my shelf I've been meaning to get through. I've been reading A Winter's Tale and I just got a new book of Sam Shepard's plays that I'm excited to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I'm in the same boat on the back issues front. I have a big backlog of comics I've been sitting on. On top of that, I have a bunch of regular books and plays on my shelf I've been meaning to get through. I've been reading A Winter's Tale and I just got a new book of Sam Shepard's plays that I'm excited to start.
    The Helprin book? Or Shakespeare's play?

And another excellent way to fill the hiatus. My book TBR bookcase is overflowing. I'm reading The Library Book by Susan Orlean right now, which is great, if you are interested in libraries, like I am. The picture of the Burro Bookmobiles made it a MUST read for me. This isn't the one in the book, but it's similar.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The Helprin book? Or Shakespeare's play?
    The Shakespeare Play. I also just recently finished re-reading A Streetcar Named Desire.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-29-2020 at 04:08 PM.

It is not going to be a boring time for me. I dont read many new comics anyway as most of my reading is back issues. Like how I am reading the 1940s Marvel and DC as well as the Ultimate Universe books. I but the new stuff when it comes out, stuff other then what is on my pull list and set it aside to read when I get caught up. i can wait a few months to buy comics that I am not going to read for months or to be real a couple of years.

I know I was butt hurt about no digital but I am over that.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Comixology only sells digital versions of comics.

The first sentence off your post may be the answer to the last question of your post.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest