Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Part of the reason is that the new owners don't start threads for their 'articles' like they used to under Jonah. I use the word 'article' loosely. That thread for June's solicits started by Cronin last week was the first I'd seen in YEARS.
    Someone had made a thread asking when solicits were out when they weren't out yet. That thread seemed to vanish when Cronin's thread appeared. I wonder if something happened in the original thread...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Really, ever since the forum reset a few years back it seems that nobody ever makes discussion threads for the marvel comics in this section. Most consistent discussion comes from the X-board followed by Spider-Man. Wonder what happened that people just stopped.
    The reset chased off a lot of folks.

Then when you TRY to discuss something-it attracts we want (blank) posts (Hi Sam Alexander & Jaime Reyes), drive by trolling lead by those who don't read comics, the how dare this book was made post and way more toxic than positive behavior.

At least in the Appreciation threads you get folks who READ the book more times than not.

X-Men (not named Children of the Atom) and Spider-Man tend to NOT attract those folks.

As for the topic at hand-no it's not going to be boring. NOW would be a good time for everybody including those gators to actually READ a series. Some have marvel Unlimited and others have other ways to read the books of have an unread pile like I do.

Now is the time to start reading these books and maybe see a thread or two that discusses the content and not who is on the cover.

Maybe someone could do a review of an entire old series like David Walker has suggested. Who knows who might get interested and seek the trade when stores open.

It is as simple as this forum is more general compared to X-Men or Spider-Man, so the odds of the average user having something to say on every thread of those boards is higher compared to this board where a Daredevil reader might not know or care about what's happening in space. But if topics are what you want, I will go to my workshop and forge the most incredible topics you have ever seen!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

So can I order physical copies to be delivered directly from Marvel?
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    In a perfect world, Brevoort could flip over his hat and the comics would fly out across the Earth, descending upon our doorsteps as the money erupts from our intestines to soar straight to the hat.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Yes, you can go here to subscribe but there is still the problem with their printer being closed as a non-essential business.

Another thing people might want to try out is signing up for Marvel Unlimited. That way you have access to over 20,000 back issues. They might even run a sale for new subscribers so maybe check the site this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Someone had made a thread asking when solicits were out when they weren't out yet. That thread seemed to vanish when Cronin's thread appeared. I wonder if something happened in the original thread...
    Yeah, I saw that too. I had posted in that thread and my post naturally disappeared. The mods would get a annoyed when someone would start a thread asking when the solicits are coming out and delete them. When Reviresco mentioned how the old forums used to create threads like that automatically, I recall how those posts started to taper off with the change in ownership. I got banned for starting a solicits thread and joked that CBR was slacking off!

Just noticed this on the CBR front page.....DC will still publish it's digital issues this week.

Adam Phillips -- DC's Director of Marketing Services -- confirmed in the Burbank-based publisher's private Facebook page for Direct Market comic book retailers that digital comics will continue to go on sale as planned while the shipment of print issues is suspended.

"Here's where we are on digital," he said. "All our data shows the digital consumer and the physical consumer are two different audiences. For now, we're going to continue to release digital comics, but will revisit this if the pipeline for physical distribution continues to be challenged and disrupted." Phillips was also asked if DC had discussed allowing retailers to sell codes for digital comics, to which he replied, "Not yet, but we'll look into it
    I wonder if this will force Marvel's hand and get them to also continue with digital releases. I like the idea of them possibly allowing retailers to sell digital codes at some point. Does that mean that you can also pick up the comic with that code? I always redeem my digital codes when I buy comics. I think if Marvel does do digital sales also, I think this will cause a lot of harm to the retailers. I had prepaid for my April 1 pull list (it's not very big) when I gave them my list for March 25th. But who knows when I will get those comics now? If Marvel offers digital for April 1 I may buy those but who knows after that? I will have to think that over

Not just this week - for the foreseeable. I'd say we're getting at least April's issues.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman