Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Fantastic Member Superfan90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    272

    Default Supergirl vs Wonder Woman spoilers

    So Supergirl beats wonder woman in Supergirl 40 and basically had her on her mercy.
    Last edited by Superfan90; 03-29-2020 at 04:54 AM.

  2. #2
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,736

    Default

    Yeah, but in fairness Wonder Woman wasn't fighting back she was trying to reason with Kara. So it doesn't really count as a win.

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Supergirl cannot beat Wonder Woman in strength nor in fighting ability.

  4. #4
    The Last Dragon masterwitcher88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I guess we read different fights. Not only was Supergirl amped via the infection and even more so with the kryptonite affecting her ability to fight it, Diana flat out says that she isn't fighting her at all.

    Two issues ago Diana appeared and mopped the floor with an infection amped Supergirl. The issue after she destroyed several robots, designed by Lex Luthor to fight Kryptonians, the government sent to kill Supergirl. Now, in the first pages of this issue; Supergirl gets even more amped "looks like you can improve on perfection" , Diana dodges a close range speed blitz from Supergirl, and afterwards openly stops fighting Supergirl and takes literally no visible damage from Supergirl's onslaught (maybe she gets cut a bit from her fingernails).

    I'd say that's a better showing for Diana than Kara.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

  5. #5
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Supergirl cannot beat Wonder Woman in strength nor in fighting ability.
    Shes kryptonian tho

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Shes kryptonian tho
    Yup, since her inception in May, 1959, Action Comics #252: "The Supergirl from Krypton".

    She still loses, tho

  7. #7
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yup, since her inception in May, 1959, Action Comics #252: "The Supergirl from Krypton".

    She still loses, tho
    Not fair........

  8. #8
    The Comixeur Mel Dyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,266

    Default

    I think many of us consider Kryptonian heritage being some kind of superpower get-out-of-jail-free card. It isn't. Having powers, like Superman's, doesn't make you his equal and superior to the rest of the superheroes in the DCU.

    Let's keep in mind that the same Greek gods, who power Shazam, also power Wonder Woman. Since John Byrne's run, she is second in power to only Superman. That's her deal...period.

    I blame all of the writers, who have written stories showing the Greek gods being slapped around by mortal characters, like Superman, ..who are nowhere near god-level anything. Wonder Woman can barely hold her own, with Faora, while her patrons get knocked over, ..by Superman? Really? The Greeks, starting with Zeus, need to be reintroduced, as nigh omnipotent beings possessed of power we cannot calculate, don't understand and cannot easily challenge or protect ourselves against.I

    That way, no one should be surprised when Diana hands Supergirl her own butt, on a platter.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-30-2020 at 06:59 PM.
    Look alive, Kangaliers!

  9. #9
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I think many of us consider Kryptonian heritage being some kind of superpower get-out-of-jail-free card. It isn't. Having powers, like Superman's, doesn't make you his equal and superior to the rest of the superheroes in the DCU.

    Let's keep in mind that the same Greek gods, who power Shazam, also power Wonder Woman. Since John Byrne's run, she is second in power to only Superman. That's her deal...period.

    I blame all of the writers, who have written stories showing the Greek gods being slapped around by mortal characters, like Superman, ..who are nowhere near god-level anything. Wonder Woman can barely hold her own, with Faora, while her patrons get knocked over, ..by Superman? Really? The Greeks, starting with Zeus, need to be reintroduced, as nigh omnipotent beings possessed of power we cannot calculate, don't understand and cannot easily challenge or protect ourselves against.I

    That way, no one should be surprised when Diana hands Supergirl her own butt, on a platter.
    My diana is equal to him. I think kara got the short end of the stick. they're blood immediate relatives. Same powers. Its strange. Same with shazam why give him same ww greek powers?? Whats the difference in power ranking then??

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,717

    Default

    The greek gods don't power Shazam. He just has duplicates of their powers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    My diana is equal to him. I think kara got the short end of the stick. they're blood immediate relatives. Same powers. Its strange. Same with shazam why give him same ww greek powers?? Whats the difference in power ranking then??
    They don't get powers from the exact same deities in the pantheon. Also, one of Shazam's powers is the strength of Heracles but Diana has proven stronger than Heracles.

  11. #11
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    My diana is equal to him. I think kara got the short end of the stick. they're blood immediate relatives. Same powers. Its strange. Same with shazam why give him same ww greek powers?? Whats the difference in power ranking then??
    If Shazam is powered by the same Greek gods!! why is Shazam bullets prove?? And he can't be cut by knives or arrows, but WW can?? WW was almost killed by getting shot by a kid in a Justice League story!!

  12. #12
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,073

    Default

    I wouldn't worry. No one cares about this stupid infected storyline, least of all Supergirl fans.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "“Your boos mean nothing, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”

  13. #13
    The Last Dragon masterwitcher88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I wouldn't worry. No one cares about this stupid infected storyline, least of all Supergirl fans.
    I mean honestly. This whole infected, Batman who Laughs bs, the DarK MuLtiVerse, and Perpentula thing has run its course for me.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Yeah, but in fairness Wonder Woman wasn't fighting back she was trying to reason with Kara. So it doesn't really count as a win.
    Tell that to everyone who read DKR. I swear, everyone only cares about the last panel in fights.

  15. #15
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Tell that to everyone who read DKR. I swear, everyone only cares about the last panel in fights.
    This is Wonder Woman's last panel, still standing without a scratch on her after having convinced Supergirl to try to free herself of the infection. Mission accomplished after a full force blast of heat vision to the body, I'd say she won.

    Supergirl 40.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •