Astonishing Member

Default Xena vs Angel (Buffy)

This will be Angel in his prime from his own tv series.

1) Unarmed

2) Both gets weapons from there armories.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This will be Angel in his prime from his own tv series.

1) Unarmed

2) Both gets weapons from there armories.
    I think this one is pretty straightforward. Unarmed, she simply has no means to kill or even significantly hurt him. With weapons, she will cleave his head off with her chakram or her sword. She has vastly more and greater feats with weapons.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think this one is pretty straightforward. Unarmed, she simply has no means to kill or even significantly hurt him. With weapons, she will cleave his head off with her chakram or her sword. She has vastly more and greater feats with weapons.
    In later seasons she was given the power to kill gods, angels, etc.

In the xena series she’d fight angels, gods, and win...it was pretty stupid imo...even the king of hell

If the battle was logical Angel would win imo, but he has gotten defeated by a few pretty strong characters, Illyria, Buffy, There was a demon in one of the seasons with a jewel in its head, it was tough enough to give both angel and Buffy problems.
    Last edited by Mider2009; 04-05-2020 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    In later seasons she was given the power to kill gods, angels, etc.

In the xena series she’d fight angels, gods, and win...it was pretty stupid imo...even the king of hell

If the battle was logical Angel would win imo, but he has gotten defeated by a few pretty strong characters, Illyria, Buffy, There was a demon in one of the seasons with a jewel in its head, it was tough enough to give both angel and Buffy problems.
    The Greek gods were immune to being killed, not to taking damage but to being killed except for the dozen things that could kill them in the Xenaverse. Xena had the ability to ignore that immunity to being killed. That's difficult to translate into a fight with Angel. Does that mean that his basic defenses by being a vampire don't work? However, it is true there were characters strong enough to actually stun him and make him feel pain. When he was Angelus and fought Buffy, she clearly had his knees buckling and he was on the ropes. So you are right that there is an argument that someone could hit him hard enough to get a ten count. He once got thrown off a high building but I don't recall exactly how long it took him to get up. Even if it was instant, that's one instance versus being wobbly from hits from Buffy, Illyria, Hamilton, etc.

I think Xena also needs the be briefed on vampires and their rules. Otherwise, she would try to run Angel through with her sword. He would either deflect or let it impale him, then he would be close enough to bite her.

BANNED

The Greek gods were immune to being killed, not to taking damage but to being killed except for the dozen things that could kill them in the Xenaverse. Xena had the ability to ignore that immunity to being killed. That's difficult to translate into a fight with Angel. Does that mean that his basic defenses by being a vampire don't work? However, it is true there were characters strong enough to actually stun him and make him feel pain. When he was Angelus and fought Buffy, she clearly had his knees buckling and he was on the ropes. So you are right that there is an argument that someone could hit him hard enough to get a ten count. He once got thrown off a high building but I don't recall exactly how long it took him to get up. Even if it was instant, that's one instance versus being wobbly from hits from Buffy, Illyria, Hamilton, etc.
    I don’t recall that being true...in season five she killed several Greek gods...

Yeah Buffy vamps are weird, if impales in heart by non wood, does not work as opposed to any stabbing thing, how would be heading be? Normal right?

And in h2h. Xenia works with weapons damnit and I do not see base Xenia fighting off a vamp of Angel’s league.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I don’t recall that being true...in season five she killed several Greek gods...
    Yes, because the God of Light gave her the power to kill gods. And then he took it away from her when she tried to use it on someone he didn't want killed.