Default Mandalorian might cast a familiar face....or faces.

Dave Filoni's twitter banner shows what appears to be concept art of Ashoka and Rex. While it could've been for "Rebels", some fans see this as perhaps a hint that Rex might show up in The Mandalorian.

Rex of course showed up in Rebels with his old friend (He and a few other Clones removed their "Order 66" chips and therefore didn't betray the Jedi), and retroactively was established as the white-bearded Rebel commando in "Return of the Jedi" (although the actor doesn't really resemble Temura Morrison that much, he's not seen up close so it kind of works.)

Temura Morrison has expressed interest in returning to SW as Rex, and certainly enough time has passed since the PT I think for Morrison to visually be a believable "middle aged" Rex (Especially if you look at pics from his recent work of Morrison bearded and/or beaded)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Dave Filoni's twitter banner shows what appears to be concept art of Ashoka and Rex. While it could've been for "Rebels", some fans see this as perhaps a hint that Rex might show up in The Mandalorian.

Rex of course showed up in Rebels with his old friend (He and a few other Clones removed their "Order 66" chips and therefore didn't betray the Jedi), and retroactively was established as the white-bearded Rebel commando in "Return of the Jedi" (although the actor doesn't really resemble Temura Morrison that much, he's not seen up close so it kind of works.)

Temura Morrison has expressed interest in returning to SW as Rex, and certainly enough time has passed since the PT I think for Morrison to visually be a believable "middle aged" Rex (Especially if you look at pics from his recent work of Morrison bearded and/or beaded)
    I've seen scenes that show Rex actually help Ahsoka escape the other clones while on Mandalore (before Season 7, FYI), but they went their separate ways for safety. So I made sure to watch the scene where they reunited in Rebels. So worth it.

So it would be interesting to see him return for the good live action Star Wars.