I've been skimming the Wonder Woman 100-Page Giants whenever I see them, but unfortunately none of the stories have stood out for me. Until today, where I saw #4 had included a Gundra story. Did anyone pick it up?

I'm not sure if these stories are for sure set in Rebirth (I always assumed they were, but Gudra's playing a role in the current comics so there are some inconsistencies). But it was a fun story nevertheless that spotlights a seldom-used antagonist with a lot of potential.

The story (by Jeff Parker) is super short, but still manages to have some great moments. Diana travels to some foreign country where there is war brewing and finds Gundra, who states "The Great Gundra hears the cries of women, and she answers." Diana tries to tell Gundra to stay out of it which prompts Gundra to punch her through the building. The fun battle scene ends when Diana uses the lasso to uncover Gundra's tragic backstory of being mystically exiled from her Valkyrie sisters. In perfect Wonder Woman fashion, she embraces the tearful Gundra and offers her help. Together, they stop the war that Gundra had caused and share a cheesy fistbump.

While Gundra is certainly less villainous here, I loved the relationship and bonding the two shared. I'm always a fan of Wonder Woman offering her hand to her often misunderstood enemies, and this story had all of that. The art was also quite nice, with Gundra looking like a very sturdy woman easily capable of throwing hands with Diana.

The other new story in this special was also decent, though I hate to see Cheetah once again relegated to team member, this time led by Penguin (to be fair, other big villains like Black Manta and Captain Cold were there, too). Her role was very small but the story was by Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Connor who seem to be regulars on this book, so it may be continued in later issues.

That story focuses on Diana's superhero friend Socialite (who may or may not be an existing character? I've never heard of her). It shows their adventures from a while back, with Wondie wearing an outfit inspired by Lynda Carter (fun!). But cut to present where she's dying of cancer. The super-villains all picked names out of a hat to fight other villains' archenemies, so Scarecrow got Wonder Woman and used poison gas to torment Diana on the day of Socialite's funeral. Wonder Woman manages to overcome it and gives Scarecrow a taste of his own medicine.