Default Choose Your Arts Expertise

The Plot Gods allow you to choose from among six gifts, any one of which makes you an artistic figure of historical note, to be counted among the all-time greats. As a bonus, you get restored to full health, as an aid to your productivity.

• Artist: You can draw and paint, everything from Sistine Chapel-like murals to comic books.

• Composer: Any kind of music, from classical symphonies to rap jingles. You can play the piano and guitar at a competent level.

• Instrumental: Play any musical instrument flawlessly. Your ability to compose is not enhanced. You can read music, of course.

• Performer: Singing, acting and dancing, all forms.

• Sculptor: What it says. Marble, clay, wire, wood, whatever.

• Writer: You can create novels, plays, poems, screenplays, even comic books.

If you decline the gift, the Plot Gods give you a crisp new $100 bill and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    [*]Artist: You can draw and paint, everything from Sistine Chapel-like murals to comic books.
    [B]
    It’d be more fun for me to illustrate my own stories, even if they aren’t all that great.

The Plot Gods allow you to choose from among six gifts, any one of which makes you an artistic figure of historical note, to be counted among the all-time greats. As a bonus, you get restored to full health, as an aid to your productivity.

• Artist: You can draw and paint, everything from Sistine Chapel-like murals to comic books.

• Composer: Any kind of music, from classical symphonies to rap jingles. You can play the piano and guitar at a competent level.

• Instrumental: Play any musical instrument flawlessly. Your ability to compose is not enhanced. You can read music, of course.

If you decline the gift, the Plot Gods give you a crisp new $100 bill and leave.
    I'll take writer, otherwise I'd take both that and artist, for the sake of being a manga artist.
    Last edited by Kirika; 03-29-2020 at 03:24 PM.

I’d take artist; I’d like to believe I’m a decent albeit not legendary writer. My chief obstacle is not being able to draw my comic myself, as I’ve devoted all my study to the writing side even though I wanna create comics/mangaesque visual media.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I literally roll a dice.

I'd take any of them to be honest.

If pushed for a decision. Let's see... I can already write, draw and perform pretty well so it might make sense to do something outside of my normal skillset. That said, I'm not exactly in a position to afford being sculptor, because that **** is very expensive. I don't really want to act or perform to be honest, I got all that out of my system years ago so that kind of puts me off performance or instrumental.

I'm not really that interested in writing music but that might only be because I don't know how to do it.

Yeah, not fussed to be honest. Probably Artist because I enjoy drawing and painting the most and it would be nice to be godlike at it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    It’d be more fun for me to illustrate my own stories, even if they aren’t all that great.
    Same here.

Artist or writer. Defeat my hand condition and bring my **** to a visual medium.

Edit: Artist for sure.

: cue hand condition broken.:

:Reality: *broken Wild stallions style.*

: Cue a revival of the arts with some whacked out images that will tell the damn story, cue **** words.:
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 03-29-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Art would help the most with game design, I suspect. Though game design is an artistic field of it's own for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    I'll take writer, otherwise I'd take both that and artist, for the sake of being a manga artist.
    Writer already lets you make comic books as per the OP.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Would be fun to do art without having to invest time in it. I'm vaguely interested, but not in the 'want to learn for myself' way.

I rather like my writing style as is, holes and all, so I'd leave that alone.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Would be fun to do art without having to invest time in it. I'm vaguely interested, but not in the 'want to learn for myself' way.

I rather like my writing style as is, holes and all, so I'd leave that alone.
    Yeah, I like your writing already, it's beautiful. So, unless this is some sort of magical skill multiplier, you'd probably get more mileage out of art anyway.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

I would pick Performer... Sing, Act, and Dance? perfect trifecta. Lull you to sleep like Jiggly puff? done. Act so well people mistake me for the real person, becoming a Chameleon of sorts? done. Dance the macarena so good it hypnotizes all to dance it till their feet bleed? perfect.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.