Default What are the ".x" issues?

This may be a dumb question... but I often read collections that contains something like "title x 13-20 and 19.1". So my big question: what is the "19.1" issue in this case? I've seen it many times now, and still don't understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    This may be a dumb question... but I often read collections that contains something like "title x 13-20 and 19.1". So my big question: what is the "19.1" issue in this case? I've seen it many times now, and still don't understand...
    Well it depends. But it usually linked to a special event.
    For exemple in 2013 DC had the "Forever Evil" event and each DC title had 1 to 4 .x issue about villains.

Amazing Member

With the recent lack of an "Annual" for most books, I tend to think of them as a "we want to do a special issue for some reason that doesn't tie into any ongoing storylines".
    Like jb681131 said, it does tend to end up being around company events, or big #'s & anniversary's.

Thanks for the replies. So it's basically just a special vaguely tied into the story that chronologically fits after, in my example, issue 19?

Explains a lot, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Thanks for the replies. So it's basically just a special vaguely tied into the story that chronologically fits after, in my example, issue 19?

Explains a lot, actually.
    Marvel briefly used them as a “launching point” issue. Let’s say you wanted to get into Captain America but didn’t want to hop in in the middle of a story. The “point” indicated it was the start of a new storyline.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”