Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

As long as it's not Cassandra Nova again, I'm okay.
    Last edited by Alan2099; 04-07-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    What it’s Moira in his body? And Moira is in stasis trying to keep herself alive while pushing everything forward as Charles?
    Jean Grey accessed Xavier's backed up memories and its Xavier whom she placed into the Xavier cloned body. If she had access to Moira's memories, that would have broken all of this. This is not Moira

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean Grey accessed Xavier's backed up memories and its Xavier whom she placed into the Xavier cloned body. If she had access to Moira's memories, that would have broken all of this. This is not Moira
    If she had access to Xavier's memories she'd know all about Moira and the real story behind the founding of a mutant homeland, wouldn't she?

It sort of follows then that, unless Jean is keeping her knowledge very uncharacteristically on the down-low, the telepathic conduit for the Cerebro 'save-point' doesn't actually 'see' the personality they're resurrecting.

Which is quite interesting, wouldn't you say? In a storytelling sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    If she had access to Xavier's memories she'd know all about Moira and the real story behind the founding of a mutant homeland, wouldn't she?

It sort of follows then that, unless Jean is keeping her knowledge very uncharacteristically on the down-low, the telepathic conduit for the Cerebro 'save-point' doesn't actually 'see' the personality they're resurrecting.

Only if she were looking for it. Imagine it being like the internet; you have access to all the information in the world but if you dont know what you are looking for, you arent going to find it. This is where the ethics of telepathy come into play and given there was no reaction from her, we can only assume she was respective of his thoughts. With that said, she'd be able to tell that it was Xavier's memories she wa accessing bc she wouldnt want to put the wrong person in that body. There were incompatibility issues that HoX alluded that could happen if that occurred so she'd have to be sure she wasnt messing up

Moira is alive so I dont think there's a possibility that Jean put Moira in that body unless people are now under the assumption that there are 2 Moira's out there. That doesnt quite work narratively as it would make it easier for her to fumble and be found out if she was trying to masquerade as Charles
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-07-2020 at 01:00 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post

Well she kept the secret of his fake death , so she's used to covering for him.

I still say it's Chamelion Boy , I've seen the antenna .

I interpret what Jean did with Xavier was like picking up a book, reading the cover and back cover and putting it on the right shelf. You do not stop to read the entire content of the book but you know that you have taken the correct one.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I interpret what Jean did with Xavier was like picking up a book, reading the cover and back cover and putting it on the right shelf. You do not stop to read the entire content of the book but you know that you have taken the correct one.
    Yeah this makes the most sense

Spectacular Member

Curiouser and curiouser...

X-Men May Be Marvel's Latest 'Secret Invasion' - But WAY More Horrifying

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-plants-secret-invasion/

Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post

This is actually under all the conspiracy a huge breakdown on the big problem with Krakoa's so called "resurrection"

It was my theory from day one but, still, it's a bit rich, isn't it?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

"The "they" in the sentence isn't necessarily the diplomats, and the "plants" may not mean spies, but rather...plants." LOL, well yes!!!

That writer needs to stop smoking "plants".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

lol
    Crab People
    GrindrStone(D)

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    "The "they" in the sentence isn't necessarily the diplomats, and the "plants" may not mean spies, but rather...plants." LOL, well yes!!!

That writer needs to stop smoking "plants".
    I, too, regularly use an indefinite pronoun that could be referring to the defined noun in my previous sentence to instead begin referring to a completely new party wholly unrelated to the current topic being discussed.

Incredible Member

Someone brought it up in the sinister thread and I pointed out that the new bodies are not made of kroakan plant material but of eggs goldballs. Major differnece then plant. Kroako is like an incubater.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    I, too, regularly use an indefinite pronoun that could be referring to the defined noun in my previous sentence to instead begin referring to a completely new party wholly unrelated to the current topic being discussed.
    I love this post so much
    GrindrStone(D)