Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default That's NOT Professor X...So Who Is It?

I'll wager good money that who we are seeing is not actually Charles Xavier. And also that it will be revealed semi-soon...(year or so-ish? Hickman's on the titles for multi years).

So, I'd love to read some ideas as to who you think he is? And why? Characters that may make sense...from the extraordinary to the mundane.
    Last edited by jtd; 03-29-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Shadow King wearing Fantomex as a skin suit. One of Legion's rouge personalities. Xavier jr.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

The dude died and was resurrected. I think the Five and Jean Grey (whom had his memories in her head) would know if whom they cloned wasnt Charles

Changeling was my guess a month ago.

Yes I know a miscolored Changeling supposedly appeared in that one group shot.

In addition to his shape-changing, Changeling displayed telepathic and telekinetic powers. He was disguised as Prof X for a time at the request of Charles himself. Could be similar scenario now.

BANNED

Folks, hear me out but I think we are looking at the Maker

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think he´s just simply a more radical Charles, Moira said in her diary that she was afraid she "broke" charles in her search for making him agree to her ideas and the proffesor always had a dark side, that was not Onslaught, that he kept contained by pushing it into his subconscious.

Also X actually showed a little more radical position, his visit to the O5 was quite manipulative and this happened before he tought the X-men and Magneto were dead for a year imo that may have been the breaking point for him.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

This is in fact more Charles than he's been since his return in Soule's X-Men. JDW even explicitly said that he was in the Fantomex body at first, but when that died he was recreated in his own.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Spectacular Member

Good guesses & choices!

Nah, he's not Prof X. I don't know who he is yet. But let's say..I do know he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    Good guesses & choices!

Nah, he's not Prof X. I don't know who he is yet. But let's say..I do know he's not.
    Again, how could the Five and Jean not know when they literally created him?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The dude died and was resurrected. I think the Five and Jean Grey (whom had his memories in her head) would know if whom they cloned wasn't Charles
    ...or would they? Not if everyone was manipulated...

Spectacular Member

It absolutely *is* Professor X. The story as it's been told so far would make no sense it weren't.

People were just as insistent that when he took his helmet off he was going to have a red diamond, and sure enough, he didn't.

HoXPoX begins with Moira meeting Charles when he was in grad school. Because of this story, he his isn't just Professor X, this is who he's always been becoming behind the scenes since before his first appearance.

Spectacular Member

Manipulated by who? The dead person, or the person they're creating? He's Xavier, it's not even in question at this point.

by who? I thought he wasnt Xavier when HoX began but him dying and being brought back killed that theory. This dude is Charles

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

I'll wager good money that who we are seeing is not actually Charles Xavier. And also that it will be revealed semi-soon...(year or so-ish? Hickman's on the titles for multi years).

So, I'd love to read some ideas as to who you think he is? And why? Characters that may make sense...from the extraordinary to the mundane.
    To be clear, the bet is:

• The character currently leading the nation of Krakoa, Charles Xavier,
    • Must be revealed to be a completely different character masquerading as Charles
    • From the very beginning of Hickman's run (HOX #1)
    • By 3/29/2021, or earlier.

No cheating by arguing about cloning, mind-manipulation, undue influence, memory transfer, different universe, or time-displacement.
    Must be a completely different character (ala Mystique).
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-30-2020 at 08:36 AM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    by who? I thought he wasnt Xavier when HoX began but him dying and being brought back killed that theory. This dude is Charles
    Havok83, I theorized that too honestly. When he was resurrected I thought he must be the "real" Prof X. But then I was thinking perhaps a new human, or technarchy, or Nimrod?

There is mystery there...and something that WILL be addressed. I can't say (because it wasn't told to me. I don't know) who it is. But I can say that he's 100% not who he says he is. And he's being written purposely for us to question this.