Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    It's Professor X but he's been modified by technology similar to those future humans we saw in the timeline where humanity ascended and joined the Phalanx.
    No he hasnt. He was resurrected under the same process as everyone else is unless you also think everyone has modified tech. What we saw of the process is that it is 100% biological. The only tech used is Cerebro to transfer the memories

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No he hasnt. He was resurrected under the same process as everyone else is unless you also think everyone has modified tech. What we saw of the process is that it is 100% biological. The only tech used is Cerebro to transfer the memories
    You're right. It's not Xavier who's exploited advanced cybernetic technology to give them a leg up, it's Moira.

She's seen the future. She knows that the real enemy is a Superhuman human race, and that having the Machines fight a delaying action for them is how they get the time to achieve mass Superhumanity.

If you can't beat them (the Machines) then use the knowledge you've gathered over many lives to give yourself a leg up on the humans who are following the (to you) predictably well traveled roads towards creating Sentinels and Nimrods by infecting their base code with a trigger switch that will turn the Machines into allies of mutantkind at just around the time that having mechanical monsters driving her people into extinction has forced even the most 'humane' mutant into abandoning the old-fashioned assimilationist ideology Moira said she was going to break Xavier and his acolytes out of.

That would be just about now, wouldn't it? And wouldn't it be smart to code that trigger switch with a Mother Program giving you control over every Sentinel and Nimrod utilising that base code?

If I'd lived 9 lives getting my arse kicked by Machines I knew the programming for, that's what I'd do on Life 10.

Break ALL the rules.

Rule number one being 'The Sentinels are always the Enemy'
    Last edited by Nullviahomo; 03-30-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    It's Professor X but he's been modified by technology similar to those future humans we saw in the timeline where humanity ascended and joined the Phalanx.
    Hmnn...could be...? Good idea.

Seven pages about who is under the cerebro despite the writer telling us its Professor X??
    GrindrStone(D)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Seven pages about who is under the cerebro despite the writer telling us its Professor X??
    Stoopid ryter...what does he know?

I'm telling you...it's Doop.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Is his Sister messing with his flock of sheep.... I meant his x men....

I remember when I had myself convinced Moira’s plan was to get Forge to make a pro-mutant Krakoa-tech Nimrod.

They just emphasized so much that Numrod was inevitable, but not that nimrod was always the same.

Astonishing Member

In a world where anything is possible this is what's going to happen when characters act strangely. We're discussing X-men, not 24.

we live in a post-truth/post-object reality world these days. people would rather construct narratives in their head to overwrite reality over facing anything they don't like or doesn't jive with what they wanna see.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    we live in a post-truth/post-object reality world these days. people would rather construct narratives in their head to overwrite reality over facing anything they don't like or doesn't jive with what they wanna see.
    It's not that. It's not unusual for comic fans to speculate on everything in comics books, especially a writer like Hickman who is known for intricate plots for his comics. There's far more to reading comics than simply absorbing what's on the page, it's trying to find what's going on under the surface. It comes with the territory of X-Men comics, as well. X-fans speculate on everything. Sure you know how much insanity goes on in X-men comics where anything is up for grabs. Aliens, shape-shifters, technology, alternate realities - it's all possible.

This just reminds me of back in the Civil War / House of M / Secret Invasion times, when some people were so bothered by some characterizations that they were convinced they weren't actually the real characters.

Anybody else remember when people started insisting Layla Miller had taken away all the characters souls when she woke them up in House of M?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's not that. It's not unusual for comic fans to speculate on everything in comics books, especially a writer like Hickman who is known for intricate plots for his comics. There's far more to reading comics than simply absorbing what's on the page, it's trying to find what's going on under the surface. It comes with the territory of X-Men comics, as well. X-fans speculate on everything. Sure you know how much insanity goes on in X-men comics where anything is up for grabs. Aliens, shape-shifters, technology, alternate realities - it's all possible.
    this is beyond speculation or fan-theory crafting, the OP and those playing with this "theory" are saying "this is not Xavier" and asking for an explanation, while the text, and author of said text, both say and reaffirm this is Xavier. it's not even a theory, there are no clues (on the contrary, they've been thorough in affirming and reaffirming that this is indeed Xavier), it's a conclusion that needs to be reverse engineered to validate itself. at that point it's not a matter of "speculation" it's a matter of "I don't jive with what is in front of my eyes so I reject it, let's think of something else that does jive with me"; which is a common thing nowadays unfortunately. I'm not saying it's not possible, it's fiction anything is possible, it's possible that Captain America is actually a polynesian woman in elaborate whiteface and the real Steve Rogers is vacationing in Cancun. I told you before, a sound argument is not the same as a logical one (and vice versa).
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-31-2020 at 01:22 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

this is beyond speculation, the OP is saying "this is not Xavier" and asking for an explanation, the text and author of said text both say and reaffirm this is Xavier. at that point it's not a matter of "speculation" it's a matter of "I don't jive with what is in front of my eyes so I reject it, let's think of something else that does jive with me"; which is a common thing nowadays unfortunately. I'm not saying it's not possible, it's fiction anything is possible; it's possible that Captain America is actually a polynesian woman in elaborate whiteface and the real Steve Roger's is vacationing in Cancun. I told you before, a sound argument is not the same as a logical one (and vice versa).
    Also doesn't account for that there could be a layer past "This Isn't Actually Xavier!!!..." that winds up being "No, It Actually Is Xavier..."

If we're going to start at that I can't trust what's on the surface, why should I stop at the one layer past the surface that you seem intent on stopping at?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    In a world where anything is possible this is what's going to happen when characters act strangely. We're discussing X-men, not 24.
    Errrr don't get the relevance
    Lawd....
    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    This just reminds me of back in the Civil War / House of M / Secret Invasion times, when some people were so bothered by some characterizations that they were convinced they weren't actually the real characters.

Anybody else remember when people started insisting Layla Miller had taken away all the characters souls when she woke them up in House of M?
    Welll when she resurrects people they come back without their soul.....so maybe......
    this is beyond speculation or fan-theory crafting, the OP and those playing with this "theory" are saying "this is not Xavier" and asking for an explanation, while the text, and author of said text, both say and reaffirm this is Xavier. it's not even a theory, there are no clues (n the contrary, they've been thorough in affirm and reaffirm that this is indeed Xavier), it's a conclusion to be reverse engineered to validate itself. at that point it's not a matter of "speculation" it's a matter of "I don't jive with what is in front of my eyes so I reject it, let's think of something else that does jive with me"; which is a common thing nowadays unfortunately. I'm not saying it's not possible, it's fiction anything is possible, it's possible that Captain America is actually a polynesian woman in elaborate whiteface and the real Steve Rogers is vacationing in Cancun. I told you before, a sound argument is not the same as a logical one (and vice versa).
    Well thanks lemonpeace..... I'm surprised there's not more threads following this sorta speculation....
    'Is Rogue from the South?'
    'Is Nightcrawler REEEEEALY Blue?'
    etc
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Errrr don't get the relevance
    It got silly but it's not a genre piece like the X-men is where everything is available to set up shop.