Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 242
  1. #16
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    151

    Default

    I mean, it's obviously Xavier. Just because he understands the machines are destined to win because mutants are better, doesn't mean he's willing to forsake everything. After all, Namor straight up pointed it out that Xavier doesn't really believe he's better. I mean he's:

    * A douche like Xavier
    * Still (mostly) a pacifist
    * Still gives Magneto a million chances
    * Still believes in his dream (even if he knows it can never be real now)

    But most importantly: HE BALD

  2. #17
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,224

    Default

    I feel like King Hick knew his Charles would give different vibes, so he wrote a scene where Namor calls him a fake ass bitch who ain't hard enough but is frontin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    The world has changed, and so have I.

  3. #18
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    138

    Default

    So what are some other theories?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Folks, hear me out but I think we are looking at the Maker
    Hmn, well he certainly looks the part doesn't he? I've not kept up on what The Maker has been up to post Hickman's Secret Wars.

    Cassandra Nova was another thought. What about Destiny?

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    It absolutely *is* Professor X. The story as it's been told so far would make no sense it weren't.

    People were just as insistent that when he took his helmet off he was going to have a red diamond, and sure enough, he didn't.

    HoXPoX begins with Moira meeting Charles when he was in grad school. Because of this story, he his isn't just Professor X, this is who he's always been becoming behind the scenes since before his first appearance.
    Yep. People still saying this isn't Xavier after he was RESURRECTED are basically X-men readers version of flat-earthers.

  5. #20

    Default

    These threads wouldn't keep happening if people actually read the, y'know, comic books


  6. #21
    Mighty Member zinderel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    These threads wouldn't keep happening if people actually read the, y'know, comic books

    Seriously...or this page. I meant who is this guy here? “That’s not MY Xavier...” And this is AFTER humans skinned Domino alive and used her flayed skin to infiltrate Krakoa and murder him. But sure, OK...he’s not Xavier...*eyeroll*:

    E8BC49A5-3F7C-46F5-A0BC-2EB1971770B8.jpg

    Edit: I...have no idea why it’s so small...but it’s from X-Men 4!
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-29-2020 at 10:18 PM.

  7. #22
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,623

    Default

    The real question is...

    "What, Exactly, Will Your Thread Looks Like If This Was Simply Charles Armed With A Certain Bit On Knowledge All Along?"

    Because the whole "It's Not Actually Charles!!!" bit?

    Already been done, and probably been done better.

  8. #23
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    2,355

    Default

    X-truthers? we're doing X-truthers now? such glorious times we live in, ain't they?
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham(respect thread)

    Martin to Malcolm: militant Professor X is kinda the wave right now

    DC: Batman & The Outsiders, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Far Sector, Red Hood/Outlaws

    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-Men (2019), Venom, X-Force, Hellions, Giant Sized X-Men

    Anticipated titles: anything from Milestone*, X of Swords

  9. #24
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The real question is...

    "What, Exactly, Will Your Thread Looks Like If This Was Simply Charles Armed With A Certain Bit On Knowledge All Along?"

    Because the whole "It's Not Actually Charles!!!" bit?

    Already been done, and probably been done better.
    We've been down this route before in X-men canon.

    250px-Onslaught1.jpg

  10. #25
    Mighty Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    He is Charles Xavier or he isn't Charles Xavier.
    Both explanations are valid.
    During years, X-men comic writers have convinced us that we know who is Charles Xavier.

    And now, Hickman is saying: 'This is Charles Xavier.'
    Well, this is true and this is false.

  11. #26
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    It’s the Kingpin.

  12. #27
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    or he isn't Charles Xavier.
    Both explanations are valid.
    Are they though?


  13. #28
    Mighty Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Are they though?
    You can show me all kinds of pictures: what does it suppose to mean?
    The long-time readers have a clear picture of the entity called Charles Xavier.

    Suddenly a writer came and, pointing at a character behaving quite differently, said: 'This is Charles Xavier, now. Forget the former one.'
    You can accept it or says: 'Hickman, that's not true. I know who is Charles Xavier.'

    It's all fiction, anyway. But, my feelings, I know them. Like Rachel Summers, in The Sword is Drawn said:

    " But that doesn't matter. Because the clutter doesn't affect my emotional realities… Perhaps, in turn, because the Phoenix by nature relates, responds better to feelings than rationality. I know who I am… who I care for, who I don't… that what matters. The rest, I can take or leave."
    Attached Images Attached Images

  14. #29
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    You can show me all kinds of pictures: what does it suppose to mean?
    The long-time readers have a clear picture of the entity called Charles Xavier.

    Suddenly a writer came and, pointing at a character behaving quite differently, said: 'This is Charles Xavier, now. Forget the former one.'
    You can accept it or says: 'Hickman, that's not true. I know who is Charles Xavier.'

    It's all fiction, anyway. But, my feelings, I know them. Like Rachel Summers, in The Sword is Drawn said:
    Sounds like a lot of fluff to just admit “yes, this is Charles Xavier because it’s been consistently proven to be the case.”


  15. #30
    Spectacular Member staptik777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    114

    Default

    My versions
    1) Librarian (from powers of x time line)
    2) Cassandra Nova
    3) He is Charles Xavier

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •