Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

It's Xavier, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Well, two can play that game. Plenty of X-Men fans can also tell you that this idealistic fantasy of Xavier some people have never actually existed in the comics canon.
    It's comics. It exists only if you believe in.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It's comics. It exists only if you believe in.
    Oh for Storm's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    It's Xavier, honey.
    This is it. People don't seem to understand that this is simply Charles. This is just Charles after being presented with lifetimes of proof that his peaceful coexistence plan not only fails, but dooms the "gifted" to suffering and extinction. Moira mentions that she broke Charles Xavier, and is afraid of what she's unleashed on the world. I think while Charles' ideal may be vindicated at the end of Hickman's run, the character itself is going to do things that are going to make people deeply uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    This is it. People don't seem to understand that this is simply Charles. This is just Charles after being presented with lifetimes of proof that his peaceful coexistence plan not only fails, but dooms the "gifted" to suffering and extinction. Moira mentions that she broke Charles Xavier, and is afraid of what she's unleashed on the world. I think while Charles' ideal may be vindicated at the end of Hickman's run, the character itself is going to do things that are going to make people deeply uncomfortable.
    No, not simply Charles. Not after all these years of comics, not after all the movies.
    Hickman can call an umbrella Charles Xavier, it doesn't make it 'simply Charles'.
    It's just a matter of semantics.

Edit: My uncle has a degenerative disease. He doesn't remember of me. He isn't the same person as he was albeit still my uncle.
    Hickman has imagined a story where Charles Xavier isn't the same man anymore. You call him Charles Xavier. He doesn't feel like Charles Xavier for me at all. He may bald, he may be a telepath, nothing remains of Charles Xavier about what is important.
    Last edited by Zelena; 03-30-2020 at 08:28 AM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

It’s.... Xavier.

No, not simply Charles. Not after all these years of comics, not after all the movies.
    Hickman can call an umbrella Charles Xavier, it doesn't make it 'simply Charles'.

Edit: My uncle has a degenerative disease. He doesn't remember of me. He isn't the same person as he was albeit still my uncle.
    Hickman has imagined a story where Charles Xavier isn't the same man anymore. You call him Charles Xavier. He doesn't feel like Charles Xavier for me at all. He may bald, he may be a telepath, nothing remains of Charles Xavier about what is important.
    So you're having a "not my president" moment then. Gotcha.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

It's…… Rebekah Vardy's account.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

This not the movies, it's comics. This saintly idealistic Xavier you claim HAS NEVER EXISTED. He was ALWAYS a manipulative bastard.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It’s.... Xavier.
    Exactly. Who else could it be.

Spectacular Member

Of course it's Xavier.

Just like Dark Xavier from X-Men/Micronauts was Xavier.

Just like Onslaught was Xavier.

Just like the Xavier who had Cassandra Nova hiding in his cerebellum was Xavier.

Just liked the Xavier who lied to and kept so many secrets from the X-Men that they kicked him out of the Mansion was Xavier.

The fact that this is Charles Xavier doesn't mean he's also not the Charles Xavier of blessed memory.

How would anyone know? Because he was resurected? The telepath acting as the bridge between Cerebro and the husk body obviously doesn't gain access to the memories contained within the stored personality because of they did, well, Jean would know all about Moira, the Doomed Future and Xavier's lifetime of keeping that a secret from his X-Men, wouldn't she?

Remember. Charles has reset his own memories twice from back-ups stores within Cerebro. There's a reason for that and a story to be told.

I still think there's a back-up version of pre-Genosha Massacre Cassandra Nova in there somewhere, but we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    This not the movies, it's comics. This saintly idealistic Xavier you claim HAS NEVER EXISTED. He was ALWAYS a manipulative bastard.
    He has never been a saint. Sometimes a bastard.

But he has never been so… unsympathetic.

I'm pretty sure it's Xavier. The story wouldn't make sense if it wasn't.
    And the evil possessing thing has already been done to death. Cassandra Nova anyone?

Really? I think the current Xavier is more sympathetic than he has been in years including the last story that featured him prior to Hickman's run

Mindwiping the O4. Awakening Archangel so that he could use Warren to commit murder for him. This dude right here was borderline evil. The current Xavier is more in line with the Xavier of old

I know you don't read the comics, but look up the Economic Forum issue. He's actually a lot better than he's been in previous occasions.