Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I don´t give him a pass I just think that´s how his powers work, how a lot of mutants powers work, no ammount of training can keep people from being human, even the most trained medic can have a human error, so even the best telepath ever but one who manages his emotions mostly by suppresing them, can have an episode in a moment of pure anger like the one he had with Onslaught. But this is mostly my headcanon to make sense of the different takes some writers have with his character.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    who isn't??
    They are a weird crowd, what with being ok with 18/19 year old Peter Rasputin dating a 13 year old and Kurt banging his sister

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think you are talking about Amelia Vogh, she was his nurse right after he lost the use of his legs for a while and they had a romance for a time, she´s also a mutant but didn´t share Xavier´s pov on mutant/human relations, she thought his approach was too passive and that in the end he would leave her for his dream so she decided to leave him first, the day she was going to leave he tried to use his Powers to make her stay but regretted it almost inmediately, she slapped him and leave and never came back. Later she would join Magneto´s acolytes. In this case he tried but regretted using his powers this way, it´s part of his characterization that he has to keep quite a strong handle on them,especially when he´s emotional, to keep himself from abusing his power.
    I think you may be right and I'm mixing up the Lilandra/Amelia stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Not really, that happened during the 60´s under Stan Lee pen and later never referenced again until Onslaught. he seemed to have feelings for Jean but never pursued them and after a while he forgot about them.
    Slight quibble, but this one definitely was referenced by Claremont once. It was just after Jean became Phoenix and she was in the hospital, either issue 101 or 102. He thinks to himself that he thought he loved her at one time like he once loved Moira, but that was it. Like the rest of us, Claremont seemed to want to forget that ever happened

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    They are a weird crowd, what with being ok with 18/19 year old Peter Rasputin dating a 13 year old and Kurt banging his sister

I think you may be right and I'm mixing up the Lilandra/Amelia stuff

Slight quibble, but this one definitely was referenced by Claremont once. It was just after Jean became Phoenix and she was in the hospital, either issue 101 or 102. He thinks to himself that he thought he loved her at one time like he once loved Moira, but that was it. Like the rest of us, Claremont seemed to want to forget that ever happened
    Its ironic that the issue that deals with Xavier and hist past with Amelia is the one where he tells Jean that he loves her. I wonder if that inital attraction to her is bc she reminded him of Amelia

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Those kooky Europeans
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Inverted from what? The Xavier we are seeing seems very much in line with the character we've read prior to Hickman.
    You mustn't have read many X-men comics or other media with Xavier in it. He's made many horrible mistakes over the years but at heart he's not evil or uncaring.

Not true. Prior to Krakoa he was a a-hole.

There's a large gap between being an a-hole and being a super-villain. Current Xavier is the latter.

Again his last story before Hickman portrayed as borderline evil. This is a man that didnt care about the means as long as he got the job done. Murder was fair game as well as manipulating his students to kill for him and mindwiping them if they rebelled. Hickman's Xavier is alot more tame than this and more like his old self than he had been in recent years
    Incidents like this are the exceptions, not what defined Xavier, pre Krakoa. He's never been defined as the ends justifies the means, that's the other guy with the M on his helmet.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

What is Krakoa doing now that other nations never did?

And Xavier's dream doesn't work. Not only we already knew that from 50 years of stories, but Moira confirmed that. And he still isn't over his dream entirely, as Namor pointed out, and later he did himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post

And Xavier's dream doesn't work. Not only we already knew that from 50 years of stories, but Moira confirmed that. And he still isn't over his dream entirely, as Namor pointed out, and later he did himself.
    Bad Editorial Decisions (M-Day) and Bad Retcons (Hickman's Moira) =/= Xavier's vision not working.
    It can work, we just need writers that aren't lazy about it.

So is it bad retcons or is Hickman utilizing stories that you didn’t like in a refreshing way? It can’t be both luv

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It's not just one bad story, is 56 years of mutants getting massacred over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    So is it bad retcons or is Hickman utilizing stories that you didn’t like in a refreshing way? It can’t be both luv
    Of course not, because he hasn't done anything even close to 'refreshing'.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Nuclear take alert!

-united mutantkind
    -put an end to 10+ years of grimdark storytelling
    -reversed every meaningless X-death
    -sexually liberated mutants
    -brought several character to their logical next step (Kurt w/ mutant religion, ‘Ro w/ her ‘High Priestess’ role)
    -revitalized Moira, Destiny, Tempus, Fabio, Elixir, Hope, Proteus, and Krakoa as interesting characters with a new breadth of storytelling
    -retroactively fixed a glaring plot hole in the Legacy Virus arc

Forgetting so much but this is barely the surface. Denying that HOXPOX was a total gamechanger is.......definitely an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Except for living on a living island, it all feels the same as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post

Yeah, I can understand if somebody doesn’t prefer this take on Xavier, but... supervillain? Really? He’s done much more villainous stuff in the past than what he’s doing now. I don’t see how he’s a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Nuclear take alert!

-united mutantkind
    -put an end to 10+ years of grimdark storytelling
    -reversed every meaningless X-death
    -sexually liberated mutants
    -brought several character to their logical next step (Kurt w/ mutant religion, ‘Ro w/ her ‘High Priestess’ role)
    -revitalized Moira, Destiny, Tempus, Fabio, Elixir, Hope, Proteus, and Krakoa as interesting characters with a new breadth of storytelling
    -retroactively fixed a glaring plot hole in the Legacy Virus arc

Forgetting so much but this is barely the surface. Denying that HOXPOX was a total gamechanger is.......definitely an opinion.
    -Been done, nothing special.
    -Hahahahaha, no. No he hasn't. He just put flowers all over it.
    -Yeah no. Just made a mechanic for death to be even more meaningless and happen far more frequently.
    -Since when were they ever not?
    -Not really, no. None of it comes off as a 'logical' next step
    -Moira: Stupid retcon that screwed up her character. Destiny: No change beyond FINALLY acknowledging her as Mystique's wife. The 5: Nope. They're little more than plot devices slapped with retcons. Josh lost his only defining feature too. Krakoa: Had any real "character" stripped away and turned into some ominous background element.
    -And what plot hole is this?

"Gamechanging" =/= Refreshing. This has all just been another flavor of bad. Like switching from one type of AXE bodyspray to another.

I don't know but something seems off about him, so i agree with the people thinking he's not the "real" Xavier.
    i think he needs that chair again.