View Poll Results: You okay with Wallace West?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 43.14%
  • No

13 12.75%
  • He can exist

23 22.55%
  • I ignore him completely

20 19.61%
  • Why are you saying Wally weird?

2 1.96%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He is the slowest speedster and even excluding speesters he cannot match most guys. I don't watch the cw show much. i can't comment on that. So how is wallace getting a seat at any table? Icon is pretty strong, fast... Etc. So, is val zod.
    slowest speedster but according to DC he's still top 10 fastest beings on Earth, and the the only kid up there too; was the fastest kid alive in fact, until Impulse came back and put that in question due to more experience. plus he's still maturing and has been mentored by both Barry and Deathstroke, the kid is capable and has steadily been earning his seat at the table, the problem is he's always stuck in stories where what he can do is overlooked so he can react to stuff. react to Barry lying, react to not trusting Deathstroke, react to Wally, react to Damian being a bad leader, to the point I feel like the writers don't even know what he is actually capable of doing on his own despite the pieces being there. that's why I say the only thing they need to do with Wallace is give him the agency to actually have more fun with the character. Icon and Val-Zod are cool, but they're never gonna have a seat at the table because they'll never get a fair shake in the DCU as power players for one reason or another. Wallace has a solid shot because he's already in the DCU landscape, with the added bonus of being part of the West-Allen dynasty, and he's a young character with an increasingly firm foundation that can be easily built upon into something great. the question is when will DC find someone who can or will focus on Wallace to finally capitalize on the character, which is a matter of time because it's becoming more and more clear that Wallace isn't going anywhere, anytime soon at least.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-31-2020 at 12:35 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    slowest speedster but according to DC he's still top 10 fastest beings on Earth, and the the only kid up there too; was the fastest kid in fact, until Impulse came back and put that in question due to more experience. plus he's still mature and has been mentored by both Barry and Deathstroke, the kid is capable and has steadily been earning his seat at the table, the problem is he's always stuck in stories where what he can do is overlooked so he can react to stuff. react to Barry lying, react to not trusting Deathstroke, react to Wally, react to Damian being a bad leader, to the point I feel like the writers don't even know what he is actually capable of doing on his own despite the pieces being there. that's why I say the only thing they need to do with Wallace is give him the agency to actually have more fun with the character. Icon and Val-Zod are cool, but they're never gonna have a seat at the table because they'll never get a fair shake in the DCU as power players for one reason or another. Wallace has a solid shot because he's already in the DCU landscape, with the added bonus of being part of the West-Allen dynasty, and he's a young character with an increasingly firm foundation that can be easily built upon into something great. the question is when will DC find someone who can or will focus on Wallace to finally capitalize on the character, which is a matter of time because it's becoming more and more clear that Wallace isn't going anywhere, anytime soon at least.
    They should probably start giving him more unique Speedster abilities because I don't see him surpassing any major established Speedster as things currently stand, just like Barry's still not as fast as Wally (last I checked).

As it is I think he and Avery are even speed-wise. Jesse hasn't come back yet so can't really fit her in. Jay is an issue of endurance more then anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They should probably start giving him more unique Speedster abilities because I don't see him surpassing any major established Speedster as things currently stand, just like Barry's still not as fast as Wally (last I checked).

As it is I think he and Avery are even speed-wise. Jesse hasn't come back yet so can't really fit her in. Jay is an issue of endurance more then anything else.
    besides the number 1 and number 2 spot, it doesn't really matter who is fastest than who because they all are the fastest beings in the DC universe and can out race most things in it. plus I don't think older speedsters like Jay and Max should be able to compete with young speedsters with any real understanding of the the speedforce like Wallace, Avery, or Impulse.

beyond that tho, I don't think Wallace necessarily NEEDS to be able to surpass the major speedsters in say a footrace if he's using his speed in a unique way. a perfect example of a variety of characters with the same power but diverse uses for them is the manga/anime Fire Force. in Fire Force they all are pyrokinetic but they each manifest it in different ways, the Flash family should go back to that. maybe Wallace is the slowest on foot but how about he somehow taps into the strength force enough to manipulate his gravity and propulsion and now he's the fastest flyer in the Flash family. And you know what gravity + electricity makes? magnetism! boom Wallace has his own thing. or maybe have him be the slowest on foot but his speedforce connection mixed with his mechanical skills (because Wallace is a budding mechanic) gives him the ability to imbue vehicles with the speed to keep up with his speedster contemporaries. the speedforce mythology is flexible, there are a myriad of ways to play with his powerset if they wanted to go that route.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

besides the number 1 and number 2 spot, it doesn't really matter who is fastest than who because they all are the fastest beings in the DC universe and can out race most things in it. plus I don't think older speedsters like Jay and Max should be able to compete with young speedsters with any real understanding of the the speedforce like Wallace, Avery, or Impulse.
    I don't know if I'd put Avery up there with Wallace or Bart. I think she has a dip, but not the deep dive of those two. Definitely not as much as Max Mercury.
    beyond that tho, I don't think Wallace necessarily NEEDS to be able to surpass the major speedsters in say a footrace if he's using his speed in a unique way. a perfect example of a variety of characters with the same power but diverse uses for them is the manga/anime Fire Force. in Fire Force they all are pyrokinetic but they each manifest it in different ways, the Flash family should go back to that. maybe Wallace is the slowest on foot but how about he somehow taps into the strength force enough to manipulate his gravity and propulsion and now he's the fastest flyer in the Flash family. And you know what gravity + electricity makes? magnetism! boom Wallace has his own thing. or maybe have him be the slowest on foot but his speedforce connection mixed with his mechanical skills (because Wallace is a budding mechanic) gives him the ability to imbue vehicles with the speed to keep up with his speedster contemporaries. the speedforce mythology is flexible, there are a myriad of ways to play with his powerset if they wanted to go that route.
    I'd rather we not tap into the other Forces, but I think Wally using his engineering skills in his Flash identity would be cool. Flashes are known for their intellect and problem-solving as much as they are their super-speed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He is the slowest speedster and even excluding speesters he cannot match most guys. I don't watch the cw show much. i can't comment on that. So how is wallace getting a seat at any table? Icon is pretty strong, fast... Etc. So, is val zod.
    Well wallace is not the slowest speedster if you go by this list.

He is faster then bart,toni ho, Negative flash/fast track and the rest of the shazam family for example going by this list.
    https://omnigeekempire.com/2018/08/0...cters-ranking/

https://www.reddit.com/r/theflash/co...cters_from_dc/

Note-black racer is black pre-flashpoint but i am not sure if he is still black post flashpoint or not.

Marvel and dc has some of the strongest and fastest characters that are black over the years too.
    Some have near light speed,light speed and faster then light speed and some when it comes to superstrength some are 100 tons and some have incalculable strength.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-31-2020 at 03:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

Bart wasn't around when that list was made

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    When you say Wallace West people are gonna think the redheaded Wally.
    Actually, before Flashpoint OG Wally was short for Walter not Wallace. They should go back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Bart wasn't around when that list was made
    That list was made during Flash War, when Bart was re-introduced.
    Last edited by docmidnite; 03-31-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Yeah, but before he actually came back in the story.

Astonishing Member

Actually, before Flashpoint OG Wally was short for Walter not Wallace. They should go back to that.
    That is so untrue it is actually a significant plot point in Wally's comic. Walter is his alternate universe name.

Astonishing Member

It was released before Bart returned. This is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if I'd put Avery up there with Wallace or Bart. I think she has a dip, but not the deep dive of those two. Definitely not as much as Max Mercury.

I'd rather we not tap into the other Forces, but I think Wally using his engineering skills in his Flash identity would be cool. Flashes are known for their intellect and problem-solving as much as they are their super-speed.
    I'm was just swinging for the fences, even so, I don't think other forces should be off the table for the Flash family. I personally think they are an intriguing proposition for the flash mythology, and say what you want about them, they do open up the Flash's mythos to new creative directions - cosmological even. I think a shared universe works best when they don't try and feverishly pretend something didn't happen since everything always comes down to how the given talent executes it anyways. so if we're talking about how to give characters unique abilities and distinctions then the totality of the flash mythology should be on the table. i may not agree, but it's understandable when people start talking about redundancy when it comes to Wallace and the Flash family as a whole; you can only have so many people potentially running at the speed of light before the accusation starts to hold weight.

As for Avery, I don't think she'd outpace them or anything, but i feel she's knowledgable and experienced enough to outdo your average speedster. so in my eyes, seeing as she's competent enough and she's a younger, healthier, and overall more youthful runner, she should be able to beat someone over the hill like say Jay. Max on the otherhand is one of the most "well-read" speedsters in existence and i think he'd have the edge on most speedsters period. so i agree i don't think Avery could beat him unless she pulls a Hal Jordan/Wally West and just levels up her powers on the fly.

currently following:

Spectacular Member

bart returned in #50 whcih was released on 11th July 2018

that list was in dc nation #2 whcih was released one week before on the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    bart returned in #50 which was released on 11th July 2018

that list was in dc nation #2 which was released one week before on the 4th.
    how bout we just ignore Black Racer since he's more of an entity than a man, slip Bart ahead of Wallace if you wanna, and say they're both top 10 humans* or top 10 super-people. the point is he's "slow" relative to people far more developed in their abilities, but even in the list they say that could change one day; he's capable, he's just still growing.

*Superman and Wonder Woman are honorary humans

currently following:

I'm was just swinging for the fences, even so, I don't think other forces should be off the table for the Flash family. I personally think they are an intriguing proposition for the flash mythology, and say what you want about them, they do open up the Flash's mythos to new creative directions - cosmological even. I think a shared universe works best when they don't try and feverishly pretend something didn't happen since everything always comes down to how the given talent executes it anyways. so if we're talking about how to give characters unique abilities and distinctions then the totality of the flash mythology should be on the table. i may not agree, but it's understandable when people start talking about redundancy when it comes to Wallace and the Flash family as a whole; you can only have so many people potentially running at the speed of light before the accusation starts to hold weight.
    I think if you have non-speed powers you really shouldn't count for the Flash Family. A fellow hero, maybe, but speed is the name of the game for the franchise. And there are a lot of ways to play around with speed/motion powers.
    As for Avery, I don't think she'd outpace them or anything, but i feel she's knowledgable and experienced enough to outdo your average speedster. so in my eyes, seeing as she's competent enough and she's a younger, healthier, and overall more youthful runner, she should be able to beat someone over the hill like say Jay. Max on the otherhand is one of the most "well-read" speedsters in existence and i think he'd have the edge on most speedsters period. so i agree i don't think Avery could beat him unless she pulls a Hal Jordan/Wally West and just levels up her powers on the fly.
    With Jay it would probably come down to endurance but Jay's not that over the hill, and he's got more experience then most Speedsters. He can keep up with Barry and Wally, which I think says a lot.