View Poll Results: You okay with Wallace West?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 43.14%
  • No

13 12.75%
  • He can exist

23 22.55%
  • I ignore him completely

20 19.61%
  • Why are you saying Wally weird?

2 1.96%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He is the slowest speedster and even excluding speesters he cannot match most guys. I don't watch the cw show much. i can't comment on that. So how is wallace getting a seat at any table? Icon is pretty strong, fast... Etc. So, is val zod.
    slowest speedster but according to DC he's still top 10 fastest beings on Earth, and the the only kid up there too; was the fastest kid alive in fact, until Impulse came back and put that in question due to more experience. plus he's still maturing and has been mentored by both Barry and Deathstroke, the kid is capable and has steadily been earning his seat at the table, the problem is he's always stuck in stories where what he can do is overlooked so he can react to stuff. react to Barry lying, react to not trusting Deathstroke, react to Wally, react to Damian being a bad leader, to the point I feel like the writers don't even know what he is actually capable of doing on his own despite the pieces being there. that's why I say the only thing they need to do with Wallace is give him the agency to actually have more fun with the character. Icon and Val-Zod are cool, but they're never gonna have a seat at the table because they'll never get a fair shake in the DCU as power players for one reason or another. Wallace has a solid shot because he's already in the DCU landscape, with the added bonus of being part of the West-Allen dynasty, and he's a young character with an increasingly firm foundation that can be easily built upon into something great. the question is when will DC find someone who can or will focus on Wallace to finally capitalize on the character, which is a matter of time because it's becoming more and more clear that Wallace isn't going anywhere, anytime soon at least.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-31-2020 at 12:35 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."