Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Fun thing is, Lordes Chantel was (is?) a real woman. She worked as a translator for Claremont in a Barcelona ComicCon-like event, back in the day. He used to put his friends in little cameos, and this was meant to be a really minor story.

lourdes y chris.jpg

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

YASSS! Mama and Madame Lourdes better give me the drama I so longingly crave

DYNASTY! X-MEN EDITION!!!
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Fun thing is, Lordes Chantel was (is?) a real woman. She worked as a translator for Claremont in a Barcelona ComicCon-like event, back in the day. He used to put his friends in little cameos, and this was meant to be a really minor story.

lourdes y chris.jpg
    Id say he accomplished it.

Sooo the people talking about Lourdes Chantal has probably doubled recently.

Doesn't mean it's gonna blow up...

8 isnt that high of a number��

LOL
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Lourdes could become a huge key player if brought back and written properly.

She was one of the few women close to Emma. Emma could totally use a female friend, wingman.
    Don't kid yourself Emma's only friend is Emma!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Id say he accomplished it.

Sooo the people talking about Lourdes Chantal has probably doubled recently.

Doesn't mean it's gonna blow up...

8 isnt that high of a number��

LOL
    Yeah, it is a minor story, but it is really striking, and super beautifully drawn. That right there is the definitive Emma Frost. So althought it was a minor story, it was something you remembered if you read it at the time. Proof of that is the return of Lourdes, a character who must have shown up in like ten pages twenty years ago.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

lourdes y chris.jpg
    That's funny, sort of like Kitty Pryde being a college friend of Byrne's if I recall correctly.

Extraordinary Member

She was just mentioned in Marauders. She died before Cerebro came online so is not in its database....but seems like Shaw has a plan.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I'm curious how truthful that statement was in Marauders. I don't know why, but something about it rang false to me. Maybe because both of the characters, Emma and Shaw, are usually double dealing and have plans within plans within plans so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I'm interested to see how they bring her back! My favorite one appearance mutant ever!
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Yeah, it is a minor story, but it is really striking, and super beautifully drawn. That right there is the definitive Emma Frost. So althought it was a minor story, it was something you remembered if you read it at the time. Proof of that is the return of Lourdes, a character who must have shown up in like ten pages twenty years ago.
    Twenty years ago? X-Men Classic debuted in 1986 not 2001!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Spectacular Member

So how much time will have past within the comic since Lourdes death?

Astonishing Member

We do have to account for the fact that Xavier has been a lying liar who lies about a great number of things to the QC, since it would look mighty suspicious if it turned out Cerebro was always intended to store anima

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    So how much time will have past within the comic since Lourdes death?
    I say about 8 years, give or take. That scene(her death) was contemporaneous with the X-Men's NYC/Sentinels/Phoenix origin X-Mas, so regular Cerebro was definitely already a thing, but no Shi'Ar tech or Forge, so it wouldn't have recorded her anima. However, Sway and Petra, for example definitely died before Lourdes, and yet they have been reborn.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I say about 8 years, give or take. That scene(her death) was contemporaneous with the X-Men's NYC/Sentinels/Phoenix origin X-Mas, so regular Cerebro was definitely already a thing, but no Shi'Ar tech or Forge, so it wouldn't have recorded her anima. However, Sway and Petra, for example definitely died before Lourdes, and yet they have been reborn.
    Sway and Petra were somehow absorbed by Vulcan, for a time he had their powers (and Darwin)

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Twenty years ago? X-Men Classic debuted in 1986 not 2001!
    Lourdes was last seen The Hellfire Club mini from 2000

I'm thinking, could you just travel to the past with a Cerebro, register her anima, and go back to the present? I don't think that altered space-time.