Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ranking the X-Teams (Fighting Skill)...

It's 2020 and it's time to see where everyone stands when it comes to the best fighters on the X-Team.

This really got my blood going. To me, without her telepathy, Psylocke should be equal to Dick. This brought back memories of X-Men #2, where Besty called herself an "Action Junkie". Whole time I was watching this fight I kept saying "Besty just use your telepathy"...lol.

I can assume that

Tier 1 - Wolverine, Cable and Sabretooth are the top of the list.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-30-2020 at 03:51 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Wolverine is probably #1 for the all around prowess he has with different types of fighting and skills - strength, agility, soldier-savviness, and of course his healing factor, which plays a major role into it. After that for best all around it's hard to say. I have to classify them somehow. I'm going to stick to just more prominent X-Men here and probably stop with Generation X era in terms of character introduction, mainly because aside from X-23 I'm not sure most of the New X-men have fully grown into their fighting prowess yet.

For agility you've got Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Domino and Storm probably in that order.
    Strength you've got Colossus, Warpath, Monet, Sunspot (powered up) and Beast in that order. (of course, if we counted Rogue when she had Carols' power's she'd be #2 on this list)
    The more stereotypical military solider combination of technology, brawn and brains (strategy) you've got Cable and Bishop mainly.

if we expanded to elemental and psychic warfare, then Storm, Iceman, Magma and Polaris for the elemental and Jean, Cable, Emma and Psylocke for the psychics.
    Strategically speaking I'd rank it as Cyclops, Cable and Storm.

But putting it all together (after Wolverine of course) is a bit harder, I'd probably say Storm, Cable, and Psylocke in the next three spots.

Prodigy >>>>>>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Prodigy >>>>>>>>>>
    God I know right. And yet

These things are kind of useless because while Wolverine ought to be #1, he’s most often depicted getting his ass kicked. So I suppose the fighting skill is whatever the writer needs it to be to showcase the badassery of whatever pet character he or she is trying to prop up at the moment.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    These things are kind of useless because while Wolverine ought to be #1, he’s most often depicted getting his ass kicked. So I suppose the fighting skill is whatever the writer needs it to be to showcase the badassery of whatever pet character he or she is trying to prop up at the moment.
    This. And Jobbertoothis even worse about getting his ass kicked. He damn near as the 1st place Jobber Trophy. Need a villain nobody likes (anymore) to get their ass beat for a story? Use Jobbertooth.

So he sure as HELL ain't top tier. His stats say he ought to be...but clearly ain't the case in canon. Anymore. But Characters with Healing factors tend to be nerfed, and their skill set gets downplayed to them just being tanks who can heal from damage. Wolverine, Jobbertooth, and Deadpool have suffered from it. Though Jobbertoothless is the worst case of it.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-30-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Prodigy >>>>>>>>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    God I know right. And yet
    Y'ALL!!!!! I'm screaming.
    <pumps fist>

Mighty Member

Dani, Sage, and Shatterstar would like a word...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Wolverine is probably #1 for the all around prowess he has with different types of fighting and skills - strength, agility, soldier-savviness, and of course his healing factor, which plays a major role into it. After that for best all around it's hard to say. I have to classify them somehow. I'm going to stick to just more prominent X-Men here and probably stop with Generation X era in terms of character introduction, mainly because aside from X-23 I'm not sure most of the New X-men have fully grown into their fighting prowess yet.

For agility you've got Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Domino and Storm probably in that order.
    Strength you've got Colossus, Warpath, Monet, Sunspot (powered up) and Beast in that order. (of course, if we counted Rogue when she had Carols' power's she'd be #2 on this list)
    The more stereotypical military solider combination of technology, brawn and brains (strategy) you've got Cable and Bishop mainly.

if we expanded to elemental and psychic warfare, then Storm, Iceman, Magma and Polaris for the elemental and Jean, Cable, Emma and Psylocke for the psychics.

But putting it all together (after Wolverine of course) is a bit harder, I'd probably say Storm, Cable, and Psylocke in the next three spots.
    Well, since Rogue has Wonderman's powers now I'd put her at the head of the strength list.

Really I don't see any of the other X-men taking her down physically, it would probably take one of the psychics.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post

Gambit has s better agility and speed then Psylocke. IMO. He can easily dodge or deflect direct shots of machine guns and blasters. Here is only a few of scans.