Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ranking the X-Teams (Fighting Skill)...

It's 2020 and it's time to see where everyone stands when it comes to the best fighters on the X-Team.

This really got my blood going. To me, without her telepathy, Psylocke should be equal to Dick. This brought back memories of X-Men #2, where Besty called herself an "Action Junkie". Whole time I was watching this fight I kept saying "Besty just use your telepathy"...lol.

I can assume that

Tier 1 - Wolverine, Cable and Sabretooth are the top of the list.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-30-2020 at 03:51 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Wolverine is probably #1 for the all around prowess he has with different types of fighting and skills - strength, agility, soldier-savviness, and of course his healing factor, which plays a major role into it. After that for best all around it's hard to say. I have to classify them somehow. I'm going to stick to just more prominent X-Men here and probably stop with Generation X era in terms of character introduction, mainly because aside from X-23 I'm not sure most of the New X-men have fully grown into their fighting prowess yet.

For agility you've got Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Domino and Storm probably in that order.
    Strength you've got Colossus, Warpath, Monet, Sunspot (powered up) and Beast in that order. (of course, if we counted Rogue when she had Carols' power's she'd be #2 on this list)
    The more stereotypical military solider combination of technology, brawn and brains (strategy) you've got Cable and Bishop mainly.

if we expanded to elemental and psychic warfare, then Storm, Iceman, Magma and Polaris for the elemental and Jean, Cable, Emma and Psylocke for the psychics.
    Strategically speaking I'd rank it as Cyclops, Cable and Storm.

But putting it all together (after Wolverine of course) is a bit harder, I'd probably say Storm, Cable, and Psylocke in the next three spots.

Prodigy >>>>>>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Prodigy >>>>>>>>>>
    God I know right. And yet

These things are kind of useless because while Wolverine ought to be #1, he’s most often depicted getting his ass kicked. So I suppose the fighting skill is whatever the writer needs it to be to showcase the badassery of whatever pet character he or she is trying to prop up at the moment.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    These things are kind of useless because while Wolverine ought to be #1, he’s most often depicted getting his ass kicked. So I suppose the fighting skill is whatever the writer needs it to be to showcase the badassery of whatever pet character he or she is trying to prop up at the moment.
    This. And Jobbertoothis even worse about getting his ass kicked. He damn near as the 1st place Jobber Trophy. Need a villain nobody likes (anymore) to get their ass beat for a story? Use Jobbertooth.

So he sure as HELL ain't top tier. His stats say he ought to be...but clearly ain't the case in canon. Anymore. But Characters with Healing factors tend to be nerfed, and their skill set gets downplayed to them just being tanks who can heal from damage. Wolverine, Jobbertooth, and Deadpool have suffered from it. Though Jobbertoothless is the worst case of it.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-30-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Wolverine is probably #1 for the all around prowess he has with different types of fighting and skills - strength, agility, soldier-savviness, and of course his healing factor, which plays a major role into it. After that for best all around it's hard to say. I have to classify them somehow. I'm going to stick to just more prominent X-Men here and probably stop with Generation X era in terms of character introduction, mainly because aside from X-23 I'm not sure most of the New X-men have fully grown into their fighting prowess yet.

For agility you've got Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Domino and Storm probably in that order.
    Strength you've got Colossus, Warpath, Monet, Sunspot (powered up) and Beast in that order. (of course, if we counted Rogue when she had Carols' power's she'd be #2 on this list)
    The more stereotypical military solider combination of technology, brawn and brains (strategy) you've got Cable and Bishop mainly.

if we expanded to elemental and psychic warfare, then Storm, Iceman, Magma and Polaris for the elemental and Jean, Cable, Emma and Psylocke for the psychics.

But putting it all together (after Wolverine of course) is a bit harder, I'd probably say Storm, Cable, and Psylocke in the next three spots.
    Well, since Rogue has Wonderman's powers now I'd put her at the head of the strength list.

Really I don't see any of the other X-men taking her down physically, it would probably take one of the psychics.

I suppose it depends on how you define fighting ability. The reality is a guy like Wolverine has in fact been killed a **** ton. He just has a healing factor. So I think you probably need to distinguish between tanks who can soak up damage vs the agile fighters who rely more on avoiding damage. Then you have the hybrids.

Hybrids
    1. Rogue - While not much of a technical fighter she can steal powers giving her the most diverse skill set. I would rank her ahead of the others in this category on the assumption she has permanently absorbed super strength and durability which means she can survive long enough to steal other powers too. If she doesn't start off with those base powers then she probably falls behind the other 2.
    2. Storm - A bit more technical than Rogue and great range on her powers. She isn't as high as Rogue because while a better technical fighter, she is a bit more squishy.
    3. Cable - A bit below Storm here because his powers are used to keep the techno-organic virus in check but a good combo of durability, agility, weapons and tactics.
    4. Psylocke - Now that she and Kwannon are separated, her H2H skills are downgraded a bit IMO. However, telepathy and telekinesis are good back up powers. She is behind the other two because a bit more squishy than Rogue and both Storm/Storm have a bit of mental defenses.
    5. Bishop - Another versatile fighter with energy absorption.

Tanks
    1. Wolverine - Expert martial skills but gets sloppy sometimes because he knows he is unkillable. Still I would put him at the top of the tanks because his Ad Claws allows him to cut through most things.
    2. Monet - Versatile entrant in this category that is perhaps a bit less battle tested than the other two but gets the nod over C because of her intelligence.
    3. Collosus - A tad below Wolvy and Monet because Wolverine can actually cut through his defenses and Monet a bit more versatile. Otherwise pretty durable and super strong. Also more of a brawler than someone with martial skills.
    4. Warpath - Another versatile guy with perhaps more martial skills than Monet and Collosus but they get the nod over him because a bit more durable than he is.
    5. Emma - Perhaps a bit unusual here but her Diamond form makes her pretty invulnerable. Unfortunately not much else to her in terms of fighting skills.

Agility
    1. Gambit - Maybe a bit biased here and I debated whether to put him here or in the hybrid category. I chose not to put him in hybrids because generally since he is not trying to kill, his explosive powers are used less to kill and more to distract. Otherwise, he gets the nod here for his superhuman agility that at its peak allows him to dodge high speed projectiles. He gets the nod over the others because of his technical skills as well as his sneakiness/tactics that would allow him to better set up foes. He would also be much more dangerous in a fight to the death as then his explosive powers could kill most foes if properly charged.
    2. Nightcrawler - Not only does he have superhuman agility, his teleportation is pretty useful in a fight. I put him just below Gambit because like him generally not trying to kill and perhaps not as sneak or tactics driven as Gambit.
    3. Beast - I have him more in this category as opposed to tanks because generally he is not as strong or durable as the tanks and I view him as more as someone that is super agile and stronger than the normal super agile characters. He is third here because I think Gambit and Nightcrawler have a bit more make you miss ability that can keep Beast off of them.
    4. Longshot - I could probably have including him in the hybrid category but felt his luck powers are a bit vague and ultimately its his agility that is his calling card.
    5. Shattersar - Couldn't decide whether to put him above long shot or not as probably a bit more versatile but I think Longshot is a bit more agile.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Wolverine, Laura, Prodigy, Kwannon, Kitty > everyone else, if this is strictly about H2H.

Wolverine, Gambit, Kwannon, Cable, X-23, Deadpool are the most skilled X h2h fighters.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 03-31-2020 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post

Gambit has s better agility and speed then Psylocke. IMO. He can easily dodge or deflect direct shots of machine guns and blasters. Here is only a few of scans.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Wolverine, Gambit, Kwannon, Cable, X-23, Deadpool are the most skilled X h2h fighters.
    Agree with this. Good list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Prodigy >>>>>>>>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    God I know right. And yet
    Y'ALL!!!!! I'm screaming.
    <pumps fist>

Mighty Member

Dani, Sage, and Shatterstar would like a word...

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Dani, Sage, and Shatterstar would like a word...
    Both Cable and Wolverine have beaten down Shatterstar with ease. Cable embarrassed him in their first meeting, and Logan stabbed him through the gut during X-Cutioner’s Song and dispatched him fairly easily. I think he also fought him another time and beat him in an alleyway too.