Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Both Cable and Wolverine have beaten down Shatterstar with ease. Cable embarrassed him in their first meeting, and Logan stabbed him through the gut during X-Cutioner’s Song and dispatched him fairly easily. I think he also fought him another time and beat him in an alleyway too.
    Getting beat by them doesnt mean he is not a good fighter. Also characters do grow and evolve and as we know almost every character has been jobbed out at one time or another.

He got beaten pretty handily though. But maybe he's improved. As you said, the fact that Logan recently lost to the dipshit kid version of Cable was pretty embarrassing as well. Even if he did use his TK to do it.

Hmm... hard to be sure how skilled Monet is when her personal combat style emphasizes her powers. But...

Apocalypse has:
    1) Millennia of experience in the art of war
    2) His power allows him to alter his body at will, allowing him to perform movements that a normal body could not.

Apocalypse, Monet, Rogue, Colossus etc are tanks and brawlers. They rely just on their powers and not on actual h2h skills. They shouldn't be on list of best h2h X characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Apocalypse, Monet, Rogue, Colossus etc are tanks and brawlers. They rely just on their powers and not on actual h2h skills. They shouldn't be on list of best h2h X characters.
    Apocalypse has been fighting for millennia and we know that he has made use of weapons such as swords and hammers. Just because he is strong does not mean he is not skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Apocalypse, Monet, Rogue, Colossus etc are tanks and brawlers. They rely on their powers and not on actual h2h skills. They shouldn't be on list of best h2h X characters.
    That's like saying Mike Tyson and Mohammad Ali don't have fighting skills... they DO, even if it's a style focused on brute force.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    That's like saying Mike Tyson and Mohammad Ali don't have fighting skills... they DO, even if it's a style focused on brute force.
    Tyson and Ali were never just brute force. They both were fast as hell so it is even hard to punch them. Everyone has fighting skills. In my post I told exactly about the BEST h2h X combatants.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 03-31-2020 at 10:21 AM.

BANNED

If it comes down to Fighting Skill. Then ultimately we need to know WHO among the Mutants can fight and hold their own WITHOUT using their powers.

I'd imagine NOT many. And the only ones that come to my mind if you take their powers away and can still Kick your ass are:

Kwannon
    Storm
    Gambit
    Wolverine
    Mystique
    Sabertooth
    Kitty
    Warpath

Notible Mentions:
    Nightcrawler
    Domino
    Magik
    Cyclops
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-31-2020 at 10:32 AM.

He got beaten pretty handily though. But maybe he's improved. As you said, the fact that Logan recently lost to the dipshit kid version of Cable was pretty embarrassing as well. Even if he did use his TK to do it.
    How so? Logan should understandably have no chance against a telekinetic. A character losing doesn't mean they're jobbing.

He threw his sliced in half gun at him with his TK, sticking the two halves to his claws (which Logan I guess forgot he could retract), then this skinny weak kid physically tackled him and pinned him. It was idiotic for that to work on someone with Logan's fighting skill (not to mention his weight and physical strength), but I'm used to writers doing stupid crap like that with him. It is what it is. Still doesn't make it not stupid IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If it comes down to Fighting Skill. Then ultimately we need to know WHO among the Mutants can fight and hold their own WITHOUT using their powers.

I'd imagine NOT many. And the only ones that come to my mind if you take their powers away and can still Kick your ass are:

Kwannon
    Storm
    Gambit
    Wolverine
    Mystique
    Sabertooth
    Kitty
    Warpath

Notible Mentions:
    Nightcrawler
    Domino
    Magik
    Cyclops
    Betsy too should be in the best fighters list.

He threw his sliced in half gun at him with his TK, sticking the two halves to his claws (which Logan I guess forgot he could retract), then this skinny weak kid physically tackled him and pinned him. It was idiotic for that to work on someone with Logan's fighting skill (not to mention his weight and physical strength), but I'm used to writers doing stupid crap like that with him. It is what it is. Still doesn't make it not stupid IMO.
    He was using his TK also to keep him down. You can see the pink aura.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

Kwannon
    Storm
    Gambit
    Wolverine
    Mystique
    Sabertooth
    Kitty
    Warpath
    Cable is a great fighter too, his powers barely work so most of what he does is being badass by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Betsy too should be in the best fighters list.
    Should she be without Kwannon?