Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Even more of a shame when you consider that Matt then revealed his identity to Luke, Danny and Jessica in Defenders. So that group of friends have that level of trust yet Spidey isn’t in on it.
    Yeah, that's true.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It also occurred to me that in Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man #3 (2017), it's heavily implied that the Kingpin knows who Peter Parker really is, due to the latter finding out during the OGN, Amazing Spider-Man: Family Business. That has since come into question as the current ASM series doesn't lean into that plot point as much and it seems like Fisk does not know who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    It also occurred to me that in Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man #3 (2017), it's heavily implied that the Kingpin knows who Peter Parker really is, due to the latter finding out during the OGN, Amazing Spider-Man: Family Business. That has since come into question as the current ASM series doesn't lean into that plot point as much and it seems like Fisk does not know who he is.
    Good point that you bring up there. And yes, one would think that if Fisk knew who Spider-Man was, he'd be playing into it more with his attempts to divide Spider-Man from the rest of the superhero community.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Before One More Day, he did. Afterwards, he rebuffed Spider-Man's attempt to unmask to him, saying that however Spidey had managed to put the proverbial genie back in the bottle, he shouldn't endanger the second chance he had. Then, as of Charles Soule's Daredevil run, Matt had the knowledge of his dual identity wiped from the world by the Purple Children, who did so in an attempt to "help" him, albeit an attempt that he didn't necessarily endorse. Since then, neither Daredevil nor Spider-Man know each other's secret identities anymore, which is a crying shame.
    To be fair, I think it says that Matt trusts Spidey more than he trusts himself which is a shame in a different sense, but still heartwarming in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    To be fair, I think it says that Matt trusts Spidey more than he trusts himself which is a shame in a different sense, but still heartwarming in a lot of ways.
    Fair enough.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    So I was wondering from out of current main Marvel Universe,, who knows Peter's secret identity as Spider-Man?

The list of characters I know that knows Peter's identity is:
    Mary Jane Watson
    Carlie Cooper
    J. Jonah Jameson
    Teresa Parker (His Sister)
    Miles Morales
    Spider-Gwen
    Kaine Parker (Scarlet Spider)
    Ben Reily
    Madame Web
    Cindy Moon (Silk)
    Felicia Hardy (Black Cat)
    Eddie Brock (Venom)
    Norman Osborn (Green Goblin)
    Miles Warren (Jackal)
    Anna Maria
    Fantastic Four
    - Reed Richards
    - Sue Storm
    - Johnny Storm
    - The Thing
    Avengers
    - Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    - Hawkeye (Clint Burton)
    - Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
    Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)
    Mockingbird
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist (Daniel Land)
    Wolverine (Logan)
    Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange)
    Hulk (Devil hulk persona only)
    Kindred

Besides those, I just wondering what others know about the identity.
    I think Rhino knows. I remember Peter unmasking himself to Rhino after Rhino went on a rampage after his wife’s death. ps. One of my favorite Rhino comics. It showed that he is more human then the animal people think he is.

Is it only weird to me that the Spider-Man villains are starting to find out who Peter is?

Astonishing Member

Is it only weird to me that the Spider-Man villains are starting to find out who Peter is?
    The more people know, the more more chances for others to know sadly. The only thing that's weird is when villains don't tell everyone who cares once they figure it out.

The more people know, the more more chances for others to know sadly. The only thing that's weird is when villains don't tell everyone who cares once they figure it out.
    True! I'm also pretty sure Kraven unmasked Spider-Man too during "Hunted" (he swapped him in the black suit). But they didn't care who he was.

Green Goblin, Venom, Jackal, Mysterio, Kindred, and Kingpin (possibly) all knowing his identity would be bad news if I were Peter.

True! I'm also pretty sure Kraven unmasked Spider-Man too during "Hunted" (he swapped him in the black suit). But they didn't care who he was.

Green Goblin, Venom, Jackal, Mysterio, Kindred, and Kingpin (possibly) all knowing his identity would be bad news if I were Peter.
    Uh-huh. Kraven's never cared about the man behind the mask of Spider-Man. To him, "The Spider" is all that matters, and funny enough, Hunted actually ends with Kraven realizing he was wrong about Spider-Man, about humanity at large, and most importantly, about himself, which leads him to goad his clone son into killing him by dressing as Spider-Man. What a way to go.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Uh-huh. Kraven's never cared about the man behind the mask of Spider-Man. To him, "The Spider" is all that matters, and funny enough, Hunted actually ends with Kraven realizing he was wrong about Spider-Man, about humanity at large, and most importantly, about himself, which leads him to goad his clone son into killing him by dressing as Spider-Man. What a way to go.
    I swear I thought I replied to this but don't see the post at all. Yesterday I posted that the whole Kraven family may know because of Grim Hunt. They had killed Kaine while he was dressed as Spider-Man. Granted everyone from that family so dead except for Ana. But if they did care for the man behind the mask, at one point they must have all known.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I swear I thought I replied to this but don't see the post at all. Yesterday I posted that the whole Kraven family may know because of Grim Hunt. They had killed Kaine while he was dressed as Spider-Man. Granted everyone from that family so dead except for Ana. But if they did care for the man behind the mask, at one point they must have all known.
    Entirely possible, since Sergei did recognize his face from a previous encounter and Ana did confront Kaine again at least twice in Kaine's Scarlet Spider series. That said, "hunting the Spider" was all that mattered in their deranged worldview, so the idea of Spider-Man having a real life and name outside the mask wasn't something that really crossed their minds.

Because thats how you get killed. Most of Spideys villains are aware to some degree that he's holding back (especially after Spock tore Scorpions jaw clean off) so they play the game to avoid a rampage

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Because thats how you get killed. Most of Spideys villains are aware to some degree that he's holding back (especially after Spock tore Scorpions jaw clean off) so they play the game to avoid a rampage
    Shoot, you ain't lying. And the only ones who act on the knowledge of his secret ID are his archenemies.

Shoot, you ain't lying. And the only ones who act on the knowledge of his secret ID are his archenemies.
    And they tend to get their teeth kicked in much more then anyone else. Goblin would have been dead now if not for Flash, Brock is only alive because Peters merciful and Ock found out but then had a face turn.