Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Not necessarily. Well if it is a shared viewpoint then the message it is sending doesn't affect that many ppl - not that many ppl will care.
    That's true to many fans of color will not support it and post on social media their disapproval. So money will be lost. Hopefully enough for movie studios to avoid this type of casting behavior in the future.

Boone didn’t say anything wrong. Twitter isn’t real life. This isn’t gonna hurt anything.

Also, Boone has loved the comics since he was a kid. He likely knows New Mutants better than any other director in the business.

Yes he did and I side eye anyone that doesnt see it. Its racist bullsh-t

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Boone didn’t say anything wrong. Twitter isn’t real life. This isn’t gonna hurt anything.

Also, Boone has loved the comics since he was a kid. He likely knows New Mutants better than any other director in the business.
    lol Wow...Ooookay
    I mean its preeeeety obvious he doesnt
    GrindrStone(D)

Just ignore him because evertytime he defends this bullshit on New Mutants thread as complete shill and keep dancing the question everytime.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post

This whole statement....Bruh lmao, okay man.

So is sunspot actually black like some people on Twitter are saying or is he just a dark-skinned Brazilian? spoilers:
    Also I heard they turned Illyana into a racist (Yes, I'm aware, it sounds silly but LOL) or am I just wrong and misinterpreting rumors on Twitter?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by AtheistInRed; 08-27-2020 at 11:28 PM.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post

So is sunspot actually black like some people on Twitter are saying or is he just a dark-skinned Brazilian?
    His father is black, he is dark skinned and Brazilian.

Also I heard they turned Illyana into a racist (Yes, I'm aware, it sounds silly but LOL) or am I just wrong and misinterpreting rumors on Twitter?
    We can't post spoilers on non-spoiler threads but it is something

His father is black, he is dark skinned and Brazilian.

We can't post spoilers on non-spoiler threads but it is something
    So he is like, biracial? Unless both of his parents are black. Ok cool.

spoilers:
    Oh, Well...She always seemed like a racist to me for reasons I don't want to say but AHAHAH this isn't surprising to me in the slightest LMAOOOO All I gotta say is that Boone just doesn't give a damn, I'm dead like REALLY DEAD HAHAHAHAH THATS TOOO FUNNYHKLKJLJK I,I THJNK I HAVE THE JOKER EFFECT NOW ROFLLLL
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by AtheistInRed; 08-28-2020 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Found out that Sunspot is black like me!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes he did and I side eye anyone that doesnt see it. Its racist bullsh-t
    https://media3.giphy.com/media/LpM87...&rid=giphy.gif

So is sunspot actually black like some people on Twitter are saying or is he just a dark-skinned Brazilian?
    What separates the two??
    So he is like, biracial? Unless both of his parents are black. Ok cool.
    Yup he's a Biracial Black Brazilian triple threat
    spoilers:
    Oh, Well...She always seemed like a racist to me for reasons I don't want to say but AHAHAH this isn't surprising to me in the slightest LMAOOOO All I gotta say is that Boone just doesn't give a damn, I'm dead like REALLY DEAD HAHAHAHAH THATS TOOO FUNNYHKLKJLJK I,I THJNK I HAVE THE JOKER EFFECT NOW ROFLLLL
    end of spoilers
    For what reasons?
    Boone's interview reads as even more tone deaf when you consider the Dude interviewing him is Black...
    Last edited by BroHomo; 08-28-2020 at 05:30 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    What separates the two??
    Nothing really.

However one has to understand a LOT of this is not taught in school.

So most folks wouldn't know that unless they majored in history or even some art classes in college (in some cases). I learned about it in art classes because we were studying Brazil and its art.

Now some would say just add that hisotry into textbooks.

It's not that easy. You have to start at the state level and get it approved before any school district can even consider adding it to their schools.

Mind you in Texas we had folks trying to say from 2008-2016-we had no president.

What separates the two??
    Well, 'cause dark skin doesn't mean black. And I don't know If dark Brazilians are black. The concept of race and what makes someone "what" is weird, ya know.

Niffleheim

Well, 'cause dark skin doesn't mean black. And I don't know If dark Brazilians are black. The concept of race and what makes someone "what" is weird, ya know.
    This is reminding me of the race tribunals set up in Brazil to deter white Brazilians trying to game the system or who are confused about their identity just because they have grandmothers or a great grandmothers who are black so that they could qualify for an affirmative action program

I might have forgotten the exact details but i think they chose police to sit in this tribunals and decide who they think is black due to the police's bad history with Black Brazilian citizens. (i'm not 100% sure but i remember i saw documentary about it)
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-28-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Nothing really.
    lol yeah I know was just tryna get an answer from Buddy
    However one has to understand a LOT of this is not taught in school
    I feel like if you're a black or darker mixed race kid in majority white school this is taught on the very first day and in regularly in various intervals

So most folks wouldn't know that unless they majored in history or even some art classes in college (in some cases). I learned about it in art classes because we were studying Brazil and its art.

It's not that easy. You have to start at the state level and get it approved before any school district can even consider adding it to their schools
    Crazy how much of our (American) history is Eurocentric like when I took some African writing/history classes I was shocked, then embarrassed by how much I didn't know...then I got mad there was mostly zero mention of most of it in K-12 grade

Mind you in Texas we had folks trying to say from 2008-2016-we had no president.
    LAAAAAAwd lol I'm sorry but The South can be so damn extra sometimes lol
    Huh??? Black when used to describe someone ethnically is someone with significant Africab ancestry... Since Brazil brought in over 5million Africans during the slave trade what else would they be
    This is reminding me of the race tribunals set up in Brazil to deter white Brazilians trying to game the system or who are confused about their identity just because they have grandmother or a great grandmother who is black so that they could qualify for an affirmative action program

I might have forgotten the exact details but i think they chose police to sit in this tribunals and decide who they think is black due to the police's bad history with Black Brazilian citizens. (i'm not 100% sure but i remember i saw documentary about it)
    I mean that's awesome good good for them! But I don't think a police presence was a mandate
    GrindrStone(D)

LAAAAAAwd lol I'm sorry but The South can be so damn extra sometimes lol

Huh??? Black when used to describe someone ethnically is someone with significant Africab ancestry... Since Brazil brought in over 5million Africans during the slave trade what else would they be
    LOL the south is one of the most racist places in the world so I'm not surprised about that.

But to answer your question: Like I said, dark skin can mean anything that is brown/dark ethnic adjacent not just black, I am saying this as an African-Canadian with Angolan roots. Brazilians are made of many different ethnicities and calling one of them black just because of their skin color is rather reductionist. But yeah I don't know everything about race and there is no definitive answer to race. It is a social construct after all.