Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Hmmm I don't think so..... I like his Kirby dot look the bedt...
    The Kirby Dot effect (aka, the Kirby Krackle) will always be my default energy signature for Sunspot -- anything else is a downgrade to his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    What's everyone's opinion on Sunspot flying? It seems to have gone away.

I didn't mind it.
    I prefer him jumping like Hulk. I just think it looks cool on him and is different than most heroes flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    The Kirby Dot effect (aka, the Kirby Krackle) will always be my default energy signature for Sunspot -- anything else is a downgrade to his powers.
    I like the Avengers World version which is clearly more impressive, but those tiny black spots from where all light have been asbsorbed will always be my favorite.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Sunspot.jpg

Sunspot by Ty Romsa

Quote Originally Posted by andresdavidmr View Post
    Sunspot.jpg

Sunspot by Ty Romsa
    Wow. Ty Romsa is out here making all my faves look amazing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andresdavidmr View Post
    Sunspot.jpg

Sunspot by Ty Romsa
    This is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    What's everyone's opinion on Sunspot flying? It seems to have gone away.

I didn't mind it.
    Not a fan of what seems like EVERYONE being able to fly for the flimsiest of reasons. There was a period there where Sunspot and Cannonball (the X-Ternal Bros) both became flying energy blasters by virtue of Bobby learning to channel his solar energy to propel himself in the air (I guess? they never gave it a psuedo scientific explanation to my knowledge) and Sam focusing his "blast field" through his hands.
    At a certain part it begins to feel like a generic power set.

I prefer Bobby with his reasonable limitations of super-strength (no invulnerability)maybe with the occasional release of solar energy as a burst (but with appropriate charge depletion).

Astonishing Member

Has Bobby ever been reunited with his one true love?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Has Bobby ever been reunited with his one true love?
    Yes.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

He and Magma are a great couple., for sure. Ijust wonder where we will see Sunspot next.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Yes.

the only acceptable answer <3

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    The actor is cute and I'm sure he did his best in this film, but it is very difficult to see him as Sunspot. Not a fan of race bending characters for films.

From https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-new-muta...s-a-1844806878
    "io9: We’ve got to talk about the criticisms that have been leveled against the film for casting Henry Zaga to play Roberto, a character who’s Afro-Brazilian in the comics, originally read as Black, and whose origins do touch upon anti-Black racism in Brazil. I suppose my first question’s: do you get where that criticism came from?

Boone: You won’t have any argument from me. It’s like my thing was my goal was to cast a real Brazilian and I saw 300 of myself black, brown, lighter-skinned. I saw every shade of the sun. It was the same case with Blu Hunt. It’s like we looked at 300 Native American people and people very close ties to the Native American community. My goal was to find the best actor who, because they’ve done so little work, was at least the closest to kind of what I saw in my head for the character. There was nobody who hold a candle to Henry. It’s like maybe if Henry didn’t exist, I would have found somebody who was darker skinned who exemplified what I needed. But it was never about the color of their skin for me.

io9: Did that just not fit into your vision for Roberto’s story in the film?

Boone: I didn’t care so much about the racism I’ve heard about in Brazil, about light-skinned versus dark-skinned. To me, it was I wanted to represent Brazil in a positive way and I wanted to find somebody who seems like he could look like a guy who’s had the silver spoon in his mouth, who has like a really rich dad and [Henry] just exemplified all these things.

Henry’s such a dedicated performer and you can see it in her performance on The Stand where he’s playing someone who can neither speak nor hear, and he put so much time into learning sign language and spending time learning from deaf people was just great. He’s a beyond reproach human being, and I sort of defy anybody who wants to say that Henry’s not a good Roberto simply because he’s lighter-skinned."

I am livid.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

I know that Bobby's powers have changed over the years but I hate the fact that Bryan Singer just made him into the mutant Human Torch. I just I am just a purest.