Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    I think I read issue #1 but I don't remember anything from it. Magik wasn't it right? Ahah. Well, again, that was already said. Sir or mam or whatever, let me assure you in the kindest fashion. It's just that I've been telling you for the past two pages that DARK SKIN DOES NOT MEAN BLACK.
    I think it preeeeeeetty obvious by now that I'm a Sir, but if wanna call me mam or whatever that's cool just be open about it
    I mean, if see a cool panel like this:Attachment 100205 I wouldn't believe it is a black guy or even biracial LOL Like where is is his short curly hair, what is the size of his nose, lips and why does he have colored eyes.(btw I believe he is black now so calm down guys, please.)
    It's almost like you don't know what whitewashing is. Folks who have read Sunspots earlier appearances know he's black and thusly reads the story as a biracial black dude he is just whitewashed
    You know it's really disrespectful when a group of people who (probably) aren't even black tell a young black male, try to unjustly rebuke a young black male because he was simply questioning the blackness of a fictional character. (re-read that sentance) Broski, I was saying black =x= dark skin, that's all.
    Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle non-black. And I need almost everyone else here has told you in this case it does
    "???" No need to be confused. This convo is over. I don't be want to be scolded by people who think they know blackness from comic book panels LMAOOO. Last word is yours broski
    No one's tryna scold you?? I was just wondering why he's your favorite now
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Unfortunately I think that tone sometimes gets lost in these forums because some people are genuinely mean-spirited while others are simply seeking clarification.
    Yeah I can't tell if people are ignorant or trolling
    Quite frankly, I see no reason to be nice any longer, I tried and yet I still get flamed. It's just so weird. But like I said I'm done.
    Who was soooo mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Its funny how folks seem real shocked Roberto is Black. Like on the one hand, I get we come from different places. But antiblackness is global. They certainly know how to call us the N word globally so acting like they dont know Brazil has Black people just seems disingenuous every time I read it. This disavowment of Roberto's Blackness and that Black people actually live in Brazil( as well as the rest of South America which they do) is anti black as hell.

Also my new go to.. Roberto is Black like Pele the soccer player is Black
    Dude....right lol smdh
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Look, I'm brazilian; and here Roberto definitely would be/is considered a black man. Also, from the very beginning of New Mutants, I have always see him as one.
    THANK YOU!
    GrindrStone(D)

That's your response? LMFAOOOOOOO.
    Last edited by AtheistInRed; 08-30-2020 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Unnecessary text.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Hasn't the casting for Sunspot been known for years? Why is everyone making a big deal about it now? Does it really even matter it's not like the movie will ever be touched on again?

That's your response? LMFAOOOOOOO.
    Yes. Yes it is.But I haven't heard Party Rock or Sexy and I know it in years....never was a big fan of theirs
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Hasn't the casting for Sunspot been known for years? Why is everyone making a big deal about it now
    lol nah people have been pretty pissed about it since the jump it's Just now more people are noticing
    Does it really even matter it's not like the movie will ever be touched on again?
    Oh don't worry this movie will be referenced Ad nauseam as evidence of Sunspots look/race
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

Hasn't the casting for Sunspot been known for years? Why is everyone making a big deal about it now? Does it really even matter it's not like the movie will ever be touched on again?
    People been mad about his casting, Ceces and Dani's for years.. the anger comes and goes..also a large group are rightly pissed about karma being excluded. Boone been off twitter for a while for a reason. Is just has came back because of that interview and now that the movie is out. If you go look at old threads we been upset about.

Also despite being in a global pandemic we are also in a global uprising that is centered around anti black violence

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    People been mad about his casting, Ceces and Dani's for years.. the anger comes and goes..also a large group are rightly pissed about karma being excluded. Boone been off twitter for a while for a reason. Is just has came back because of that interview and now that the movie is out. If you go look at old threads we been upset about.

Also despite being in a global pandemic we are also in a global uprising that is centered around anti black violence
    Well aware been arrested for the culture quite a few times within the last year. That being said I just kind of feel this movie doesn't matter like at all so his portrayal didn't bother me. *shrugs* but I see why some are upset.

It matters because the movie just came out. 7 million dollar box office in the opening weekend, all those people put aside any concerns about the quarantine to go see it.
    And for many of them this is the only exposure they will ever have to Roberto except for the DoFP film

Even people who read the comics weren't aware he was created to be biracial, many haven't noticed his white washing over the years or they've made excuses for it.

It's relevant because Josh Boone is still defending his decision, and many people are rightfully disgusted by the racism he exhibited

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It matters because the movie just came out. 7 million dollar box office in the opening weekend, all those people put aside any concerns about the quarantine to go see it.
    And for many of them this is the only exposure they will ever have to Roberto except for the DoFP film

Even people who read the comics weren't aware he was created to be biracial, many haven't noticed his white washing over the years or they've made excuses for it.

It's relevant because Josh Boone is still defending his decision, and many people are rightfully disgusted by the racism he exhibited
    Bruh I'm stupid why I am I just now realizing dude from.Future Past was supposed to be sunspot! Damn my slow ass I aint knew who da **** that was supposed to be SMDH.

Anyways again personally like I said to me this movie didn't matter at all so I didn'treally care who was in itvI haven't been following it at all, and as far as racism if were talking in the actual movie I didn't see any. Though admittedly I was high as **** in that theater......

Anyways again personally like I said to me this movie didn't matter at all so I didn'treally care who was in itvI haven't been following it at all, and as far as racism if were talking in the actual movie I didn't see any. Though admittedly I was high as **** in that theater......
    I feel like that's a given
    lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

Bruh I'm stupid why I am I just now realizing dude from.Future Past was supposed to be sunspot! Damn my slow ass I aint knew who da **** that was supposed to be SMDH.

You didn't recognize him because that was a piss poor example of him. Singer basically just made him into the mutant Human Torch with his powers and power signature. Funny I still do not see him as just shooting heat/flame blasts but I am old and use to the classic version. I think the mostly black with highlights of yellow/orange power signature is the "true" one.

Any protrayal with Sunpsot shooting energy beams and looking like Human Torch is bad. aka Fox's horrible one's.

Black/Purple Energy (AoX) form Sunspot with super strength is best.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Any protrayal with Sunpsot shooting energy beams and looking like Human Torch is bad. aka Fox's horrible one's.

Black/Purple Energy (AoX) form Sunspot with super strength is best.
    That Sunspot had energy blasts also. It's an evolution of his powers. It's been part of the character since second team of X-Force.

Mighty Member

The classic explaining of Bobby's powers to the reader.
    Sunspot-New-Mutants-Early-h1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    The classic explaining of Bobby's powers to the reader.
    Sunspot-New-Mutants-Early-h1.jpg
    ....you're not invulnerable

Gah Where DaFuq are You Bobby
    GrindrStone(D)

I need Amara and Bobby to officially become a couple. They came so close. Then New Mutants Vol 3 ended and Hickman ruined it and took Sam and Bobby to the Avengers.