Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    That’s rough
    You are being too kind:

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    This one is just bad. Not a fan of this design.

I’m generally a fan of Adam Pollina but that Sunspot suit was a definite MISS for me. Other artists were able to make it tolerable in parts...

Loving this image of Berto seemingly from his Avengers phase? I have to dive into his Citizen V and other Avenger-y appearances. Seems like he took some steps forward...

Mighty Member

Bobby by the great Bill Sienkiewicz. This is one of my favorite Sunspot pieces. So simple but truly shows his self confidence.

He looks way older than a 14 year old there

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes he does. And wearing that shirt doesn't help him look young either.

Yes he does. And wearing that shirt doesn't help him look young either.
    Hmmmm Idk ...teenagers usually have right amount of vanity+lack of self awareness that can attempt a deep v cut like that
    GrindrStone(D)

lol 14! I was too concerned w/ the possibility of chest acne to ever attempt anything beyond a matronly neck so I applaud him

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Hmmmm Idk ...teenagers usually have right amount of vanity+lack of self awareness that can attempt a deep v cut like that
    He is also not from the US. US culture is way more prudish than other cultures esp European and European Adjacent.. Brazil culturally is overtly sexual and less prudish than American culture by quite a far margin

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats pretty much every comic book teen though.. I mean Wolfsbane was the only one to retain her teenage look for the majority of the New Mutants run unlike the rest.. I mean it was a similar issue with Oya being what 13/14 and looking like she was 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    thats pretty much every comic book teen though.. I mean Wolfsbane was the only one to retain her teenage look for the majority of the New Mutants run unlike the rest.. I mean it was a similar issue with Oya being what 13/14 and looking like she was 18.
    Not really. Roberto looked like a young teen in the original book, especially as drawn by Sienkiewicz. He looks very grown there in that image though and I think it might be the clothes and pose

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Has Bobby retained his abilities of flight and solar blasts? What is his current strength annd durability? Has Bobby fought anyone of high-level super-strength?
    I am assuming that he has retained his flight and solar blasts but of all the comic writing aspects that Hickman is talented at, action is surely not one of them. I haven’t seen Bobby even use his powers yet in the series. Sometimes I believe Hickman forgets Superhero comics involve punching another character.
    I'm finally reading the Hickman Avengers comics during this quarantine and can confirm that Hickman at least wrote Sunspot with his flight and solar blasts.

Avengers #15 also has the available Avengers split up into two teams in the same battle: the primarily street-levelers (Cap, Hawkeye, Widow, etc), and then their big guns (or as Superior Spider-Man put it, their "less aspirational brutes): Thor, Hyperion, Sam, and a flying, shooting Bobby.

P.S. I do so very much love that Sam and Bobby were Avengers.
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-14-2020 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm finally reading the Hickman Avengers comics during this quarantine and can confirm that Hickman at least wrote Sunspot with his flight and solar blasts.

Avengers #15 also has the available Avengers split up into two teams in the same battle: the primarily street-levelers (Cap, Hawkeye, Widow, etc), and then their big guns (or as Superior Spider-Man put it, their "less aspirational brutes): Thor, Hyperion, Sam, and a flying, shooting Bobby.

P.S. I do so very much love that Sam and Bobby were Avengers.
    Thanks fo the info!

Glad to hear that Bobby has retained these abilities. I agree-- being on the Avengers is also good!

Bobby was flying and shooting solar blasts in Rosenberg's recent Uncanny X-men run. That was probably the last time we saw him do that

Mighty Member

I promise I will not rant about this Bobby art/design but I find the personality profile rather interesting.

Who is that white man?