Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Sunspot-The solar powered, charming, entrepreneur appreciation 2020

Sunspot-Marvel-Comics-New-Mutants-Roberto-da-Costa.jpg
    Roberto "Bobby" DeCosta was born in Brazil. His powers emerged when he was a teenager while playing in a soccer championship in Rio de Janiero. Two opponents of the opposing team knocked Da Costa to the ground. The hot-tempered Da Costa fought back by tackling Keller, who go the upper hand on Bobby and began brutally punching him. Keller yells "Your father's wealth can't change the color of your skin. You're still Black--an animal masquerading as a human being." It was then that, without being aware of what was happening to him, Da Costa first manifested his superhuman strength. He was suddenly covered in a black energy field and Bobby hurls Keller across the soccer field. Confused and frightened, Bobby sought help, but both the other players and most of the spectators panicked and fled. Only his girlfriend came to comfort him.

Bobby's power manifestation was noticed by the cyborg, Donald Pierce, of the Hell Fire Club Inner Circle. Pierce attempts to kidnap Bobby in order to kill him but the plan fails. Pierce does abduct Bobby's girlfriend Julianna. Charles Xavier finds out of Pierce's plan and intervenes by sending geneticists, Dr. Moira McTaggart with mutants Karma and Dani Moonstar to save Bobby. Pierce's mercenary in the conflict shoot at Bobby and he saved by Julianna jumping in front of him. Wanting revenge Bobby joins Xavier's new young teen group of trainees to learn to use his powers and given the name Sunspot. And his adventures begin. He initially joins the New Mutants, various X-Teams and even the Avengers.

Sunspot physical characteristics:

Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 170 lbs
    Eyes: Brown
    Hair: Black

Powers:
    Sunspot absorbs solar energy and can utilize it for physical strength. The cells of a normal human body convert energy from food into a form of energy usable by the body. Sunspot can store solar-derived energy in his cells through the same, or a similar method, and release it when necessary to enhance his physical strength. His body is cloaked in darkness because he drains all the ambient light from his skin. Here is a picture of his original appearance in costume and when activating his powers. As a teen his strength was about 2 tons (I may be wrong about this as I am going by memory). He eventfully get up to 25 tons. As he is experimented on his strength went up to 50 tons. It should be noted that Bobby is not invulnerable. He has been cut by knives and shot with bullets. His teammates would always tell him to be careful because he was not invulnerable and he was very headstrong. When his powers increased, so did his durability.

Evolution of his powers:
    A mutant named Gideon captures Bobby and experiments on him. A side effect of the experiments Gideon preformed on Sunspot, cause a rapid acceleration of his mutant gene. This change also causes his mutant gene to continuously evolve, making all his powers and abilities stronger as time passes. The constant evolution of his mutant gene also gives him new powers/abilities. He is able to fly at speeds up to 150mph, shoot heat blast from his body, project light beams and even force blasts. He even gain fire and heat immunity.

Roberto's abilities:
    Bobby is a gifted athlete and excelled in Soccer.

Skilled businessman: Since becoming the CEO of Da Costa International, Roberto develop skills for business and finance. Roberto is the son of Brazilian millionaire Emmanuel Da Costa, and inherited his father's fortune when he died.

He is multilingual, a skilled fighter and a trained pilot. He is also a charmer.

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

I always had a soft spot for Bobby.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

The Black Superman

Mighty Member

As a kid growing up my favorite book of the Uncanny X-Men but my heart was the New Mutants. Probably because they were kids and still apart of the X-Men Universe. Here is a classic original New Mutants pic:

Did they ever increase his durability. I always thought he should be Thing's level when it comes to durability.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Did they ever increase his durability. I always thought he should be Thing's level when it comes to durability.
    In the beginning he was nowhere near invulnerable. He could punch a hole in a brick wall and not hurt his hand but could be cut by a knife and knocked unconscious. It was described as when he hit things, a field would form around his hand to protect it but he was vulnerable to hits from other people. You know comic book logic. You know comic book logic. I tried to find pics online showing him get hit and hurt by now super strong character but have not been able to find it and I am quarantined away from my books.

I’m just sad he moved on from Amara.

Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Yooo! What book is that from?

Citizen X is daddy is this how slang works